[REF/Q] Samsung Galaxy SIII Live Demo Unit

Search This thread
Hello Gang,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Live Demo Unit. It is basically a Galaxy SIII minus the SIM Card slot and MicroSD slot. I have noticed that the OS has minor limitations...for instance, I want to use the device under USB MTP so I can transfer the music and pics I added via bluetooth and I cant.

Has anyone seen this? Is there anything I can do, take screenshots or such so i can atleast run the true ICS TouchWiz. For instance, S Voice is not included, and I Want it. S Beam, SmartStay, NFC, Wifi Direct, DLNA, All Share, all that is in there.

Cheers,

Paul

U

umutcanserbest

hi. i have a galaxy s3 live demo unit. hows it work? help me.

U

umutcanserbest

All func use just No network what can i do

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

switzerland92

Mar 1, 2011
Vrbovec
I have Live Unit too and I have IMEI for that phone which has been given to me on paper.

Both Mitsuoka123 and myself are Samsung Mobilers and we got Live Demo Units for testing purposes.

I flashed stock ROM (and then SlimICS :D ) and no problems at all. Now I need to insert IMEI in my phone but I don't know how.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: crrryan

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I have Live Unit too and I have IMEI for that phone which has been given to me on paper.

Both Mitsuoka123 and myself are Samsung Mobilers and we got Live Demo Units for testing purposes.

I flashed stock ROM (and then SlimICS :D ) and no problems at all. Now I need to insert IMEI in my phone but I don't know how.

Inserting live IMEI is illegal and totally against XDA rules .

jje

Reactions: nexy33 and dfMails
U

umutcanserbest

How is work?

paradix

Jul 23, 2007
Paris
IMEI Restauration

Hello,
When you get a "Live demo unit", you have a generic IMEI 004999010640000.
You have to restore the IMEI to use the GSM.
You can find tutorials with a google search "IMEI restauration".
For Samsung Galaxy, you can have a look here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264021

I have just one issue, it seems that the method does not work on Samsung Galaxy S3... I tried all the combinations...

Last edited:

costyvox

Oct 28, 2010
s3

problem is not the IMEI 004999010640000.I had this IMEI 004999010640000 s2 and went perfectly.see photos

Attachments

• iSxZ1SQMJAKAnXZo-1.jpeg
    iSxZ1SQMJAKAnXZo-1.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,638
U

umutcanserbest

What is problem? Imei? Hardware? How i fix demo live unit?

U

umutcanserbest

Thank you jjerga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Inserting live IMEI is illegal and totally against XDA rules .

jje

Live demo unit dont have antena.
    Demo Unit Pictures

Hello Fellas

Here are the pics of a demo unit I have...the obvious let's not talk about it: It's missing the SIM Card and MicroSD reader, but I have that. I want your knowledge on the Antenna part, if you tell me the part number, link or paste a picture, in reference to my unit, I'd appreciate it.

This also could help others as well, or serve as reference information.

Paul

20120820_092549.jpg

20120820_092532.jpg

20120820_092601.jpg
    there is not going to be an easy fix, on first sight it appears that pretty much every component needed to connect to network is not present on the PCB... and you should remove the iron cover so that more missing components will become visible.

the ANT500 & ANT501 that are missing have probably nothing to do with the network connecting, most likely they are used for wireless charging, most likely some more compotents are missing for that feature, but the service manual has no info about that feature, so it is impossible to figure out what exactly is missing, but that is the least of your worries i think

good luck...