App killer

Search This thread

Moze666

Nov 30, 2011
Vilnius
Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day? :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
I don't bother, I've had no problems with battery life. I usually go 1.5d on a charge.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
On healthy Android you should not use any Task Killer because is not needed and it's not a good solution but sometime I used Task Killer because my cooked Android didn't do well his job so I tried to help.

drksilenc

Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburgh
its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.

Reactions: Moze666

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day? :)

Each app has a set criteria and if you use an app killer then you are wasting your time because the app will simply restart when the app's criteria is met again.

Your best bet is to use apps like autostarts or greenify or both, as they will alter the set criteria and will actually save battery.

Been using autostarts for years, you'd be surprised to see what starts up and when.

Avoid active task killers like the plague they're all crap.

Reactions: Moze666

Moze666

Nov 30, 2011
Vilnius
I was using autostarts on my X10, but I was rooted then and now I'm not rooted, so I will look up greenify :)

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.

Exact the same experiece here! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.

^ That ^

Each app has a set criteria and if you use an app killer then you are wasting your time because the app will simply restart when the app's criteria is met again.

Your best bet is to use apps like autostarts or greenify or both, as they will alter the set criteria and will actually save battery.

Been using autostarts for years, you'd be surprised to see what starts up and when.

Avoid active task killers like the plague they're all crap.