[Q] Faea F1. Touchscreen only responsive on startup, fails after lock

Search This thread

Jettuh

Oct 3, 2010
Hi all,

Some months ago my screen cracked and last week I finally received a replacement screen which I was able to install.
I have been looking for many hours to find a similar case but could only find cases where the touchscreen didn't work at all or intermittently stopped working.

The problem:
I can start my phone, the touchscreen works perfectly.
When I lock the phone and seconds / minutes / hours after I wake it again, the touchscreen stopped working (the power button and volume button still work)

Repro:
1. I replaced the screen.
2. started the phone -> touchscreen is working 100% :) (i can do everything)
3. I lock/sleep the phone (power button)
4. I unlock/wake the phone (power button) -> touchscreen is not working anymore
5. I restart the phone by taking out the battery and we are back to step 2, it works but stops as soon as I lock it again

What I've tried:
- multiple different roms, all resulting in the same problem
- hard resets / factory resets/ cache resets / dalvik resets
- removing the slide lock

Is there anything I can still try?
Isn't it strange that the touchscreen does work after booting, but the moment it sleeps/locks it stops working

The only way it works is by never putting my phone to sleep, which is not the best solution, right!?

Jettuh

Oct 3, 2010
Unfortunately at the support center of the manufacturer they don't know the answer either:

==
Hi,would you please take it to your local repair store?
Please give me feedback from them.

FaeaMobile Support
==

Jettuh

Oct 3, 2010
I tried adding a link to a youtube video I made, but I'm unable to add it because of the no. of posts i have.

Does this video help explain the issue, and does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
youtu.be/5L6CHNrIp8M