[Q] Placing a call breaks Audio in any Rom

Search This thread

Phizban

Aug 14, 2012
Hey, so I am hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I am suddenly having, in short my audio is entirely broken after trying to place a call in any rom. The only thing that restores it (sometimes) is flashing back to the JB stock version, and calling does not work there either (though sometimes trying to place a call does not break the audio entirely)

It started while I was using the Blue Lightening rom - had been working fine for weeks and then suddenly no sound without any seeming cause.

What I have tried:
-Wiping everything
-Flashing countless roms
-Flashing (and using ODIN) back to several different stock ICS/GB/JB
-Disassembling the entire phone and checking all connections and components

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on?

I was really hoping to wait and upgrade to the S5... but that's still probably a month away and I really need a phone that works.... as a phone :(

drewfs7270

Feb 19, 2011
Have you tried posting on blue lightening Rom site? Maybe you were using wrong recovery?

Sent from my skyrocket using Tapatalk

drewfs7270

Feb 19, 2011
Are you on at&t skyrocket? I was just browsing for info on blue lightening Rom in the search bar when I originally found your post? I notice when I got on the website that Thddude was dev so that perked my interest. I wish I could help you with your radio problems. I've been using new KitKat dirty unicorns Rom and it works great for skyrocket. Good luck on your phone, sorry I couldn't help.

Sent from my skyrocket using Tapatalk

Last edited: