[HELP] Maps can't find location since upgrade to latest Google Play Services (v 4.3)

Search This thread

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hi,

I need some help here.

After the update to Google Play Services v4.3 (latest version to date), Maps can't find location anymore without GPS, it remains stuck on "Waiting for location" despite having wifi or data on.
When I revert back to Google Play Services v4.2, the issue disappears and Maps behaves again normally.

The problem is that I need the latest version of Google Play Services for streaming videos with my phone to Chromecast (and in any case, Google Play Services will auto update to the latest version).

Anyone having the same issue with Google Play Services v4.3 ?

Any idea how to fix this ?

Many thanks in advance

(I'm running with a SGS3 with miui rom based on stock 4.1.1)

AndroidsX

Jan 2, 2014
Bandung
zulfiecmt.blogspot.com
Try to Clear App data.... Ad Turn on the GPS

============================================================================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You :fingers-crossed:
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER​
10155707_637653252948506_311868290_n.jpg

:cool:
/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Try to Clear App data.... Ad Turn on the GPS

============================================================================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You :fingers-crossed:
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER​
10155707_637653252948506_311868290_n.jpg

:cool:
/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

Thanks, but I had done this already.
And turning GPS on is not my purpose... I want location based on Wi-Fi, or data.

The issue when using Google play service v 4.3 is that when I switch ON the location button via network, I don't have the black popup asking me to confirm (a popup that would always be there when using previous versions of google play service)

I've been trying to solve this for days... I'm a bit desperate

Sent from my SGS3 with Tapatalk

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Thanks, but I had done this already.
And turning GPS on is not my purpose... I want location based on Wi-Fi, or data.

The issue when using Google play service v 4.3 is that when I switch ON the location button via network, I don't have the black popup asking me to confirm (a popup that would always be there when using previous versions of google play service)

I've been trying to solve this for days... I'm a bit desperate

Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Services > Uninstall Updates > Reboot

If problem persists, make sure to change Play Store settings to never update automatically.

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Services > Uninstall Updates > Reboot

If problem persists, make sure to change Play Store settings to never update automatically.

Yes!
That's what I do already.
But that's my point.
When I come back to Google play services v4.2, then I can't use a number of new apps designed for Chromecast...
So :
- I want to be able to use Google play services v4.3 without losing the ability to find my location in Maps
- I wonder whether I'm the only one facing this bug, or if it is specific to my device/rom