no recovery

Search This thread

christianstudebaker

Oct 30, 2009
Portland
Hey guys, I recently got a replacement device from best buy because my old ones screen broke. I successfully rooted the new device using the towelroot method. I just tried to install the loki recovery via goomanager and when I rebooted it just boots into odin mode and says that it "could not do normal boot." I've tried everything I can think of but cant get it to boot. Any help?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hey guys, I recently got a replacement device from best buy because my old ones screen broke. I successfully rooted the new device using the towelroot method. I just tried to install the loki recovery via goomanager and when I rebooted it just boots into odin mode and says that it "could not do normal boot." I've tried everything I can think of but cant get it to boot. Any help?

Have actually research what firmware you have and what recovery can be used. You do know that unless you have mdk...you can't use goomanger or twrp or Cwm right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
Have actually research what firmware you have and what recovery can be used. You do know that unless you have mdk...you can't use goomanger or twrp or Cwm right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
How many times do you think this same question has been asked and answered?

Sent from my NCC-1701

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro

I believe you are going to have to go with SafeStrap 3.72. You don't have an unlocked bootloader but Safestrap isn't bad. You can still install some really good roms

christianstudebaker

Oct 30, 2009
Portland
The problem is that I can't boot my phone now. It just boots into Odin mode. When I got my phone originally it wasn't mdk so I didn't have to deal with safestrap. So I didn't know there was other options.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
The problem is that I can't boot my phone now. It just boots into Odin mode. When I got my phone originally it wasn't mdk so I didn't have to deal with safestrap. So I didn't know there was other options.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

this is a stickie in general forum that all new S4 people should be required to read...I can not imagine how some one ignores a thread when its titled

What you need to know before, during and after modifying your verizon S4

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro