[ROM] MIUI / CM7 T989 / I727 Patchrom

Search This thread
N

nrm5110

whats so good about an older version of android? i must be missing something..

Cocky as the day you came here bro lol miui contains tons of features that straight aosp and others don't and its lighter than any rom containing tw miui 4 will come once we have stable cm9 but do some digging

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012

Because most of us are tired of the same old rehashed roms that are exactly the same as all the others. Deodex, zip aligned, busybox added, bloatware removed etc. We only need one or two of them with different flavor.

What's so good about superlite? To me its just another tw based rom yet missing the custom flavor that most developers add in. I flash it and it feels the same as almost every other rom besides cm7 cm9 and miui. Yeah this may be an outdated version, but its a serious change in pace yet still runs faster than superlite.
I for one have a serious amount of respect for Eugene because he's given us something nobody before him here has. True aosp and miui.

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Because most of us are tired of the same old rehashed roms that are exactly the same as all the others. Deodex, zip aligned, busybox added, bloatware removed etc. We only need one or two of them with different flavor.

What's so good about superlite? To me its just another tw based rom yet missing the custom flavor that most developers add in. I flash it and it feels the same as almost every other rom besides cm7 cm9 and miui. Yeah this may be an outdated version, but its a serious change in pace yet still runs faster than superlite.
I for one have a serious amount of respect for Eugene because he's given us something nobody before him here has. True aosp and miui.

Now that things have been cleared up...
<insert Kelso burn image here>

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
Found the issue with attaching Pic's though, it's the Mms.apk after doing a full debug on the frameworks.jar

looking into fixing the MIUI Mms.apk now..

After fixing the ( / Pushing AOSP ) Mms.apk it seems everything is now working regarding that issue..

I'm going to move onto the other issue at hand for now though & get them knocked out then move back to the mms now I know what it is.

eugene373

Aug 11, 2009
Bug list update:

Facebook fails to connect = Fixed
browser defaults to blackberry mobile = working adding MIUI Browser
Torch toggle broken = Fixed
take picture mms FC = I know what the issue is, working on fix
apn settings erase after using airplane mode = Left over CM bug & not fixable by me as of yet.
Cannot Reboot With out Freezing = Not had this issue
Theme's do not fully apply = Fixed
Responding to texts via popup = part of the Mms.apk issue, see above take picture mms FC
Rebooting with GPS off will cause in call audio issue = fixed
Blacklisting any numbers causes FC = Looking into this
Phone freezes or quits the NPR news app while trying to live stream a favorite station = looking into this
Wi-fi Drains majority of battery = fixed
Phone memory (internal SD) is not accessible via File Explorer or 3rd party File Explorer apps, only the external SD Card is accessible. = fixed via mnt/sdcard/external_sd
lag when pulling down status bar/on status bar pulldown = no issues for me
Ringtone doesn't work. = fixed
Settings constantly crashing when themed with Ultimate iPhone theme 7.0 = Link for testing?
application not working = ?????????????????????????????

slotstik04

May 5, 2011
FLA
You are probably one of the fastest/most responsive debugger ever! Thanks for all your hard work Eugene!! We're very lucky to have you around here

Edit: Are these fixes just been worked on or are they already implemented into the download in OP?

Last edited:

eugene373

Aug 11, 2009
You are probably one of the fastest/most responsive debugger ever! Thanks for all your hard work Eugene!! We're very lucky to have you around here

Edit: Are these fixes just been worked on or are they already implemented into the download in OP?

no update is posted as of yet.. Just giving everyone an update...

Hoping to get this as far as I can then move onto CM9 / TW MIUI porting

Reactions: sulpher

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008
Any chance you can try and get netflix working? (know one guy saying it works for him... but pretty sure no on elses does?) :D

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Netflix is pretty far down the list I'd assume. He's got much bigger fish he's frying.
Thx for ur hard work Eugene.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is Based on CM7 & built using MIUI Patchrom kit & cureently in testing stages, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing MIUI to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash Rom

Download:
    ATT I727 MIUI Patch Rom

fupdD.png
    mpnkt.png

RmvnI.png
    KfXlQ.png
    LeWa Rom Fully ported to the I727 & T989 SGS2 Version.. Release for today, Plus MIUI Update as well for Both.
    Bug list update:

Facebook fails to connect = Fixed
    browser defaults to blackberry mobile = working adding MIUI Browser
    Torch toggle broken = Fixed
    take picture mms FC = I know what the issue is, working on fix
    apn settings erase after using airplane mode = Left over CM bug & not fixable by me as of yet.
    Cannot Reboot With out Freezing = Not had this issue
    Theme's do not fully apply = Fixed
    Responding to texts via popup = part of the Mms.apk issue, see above take picture mms FC
    Rebooting with GPS off will cause in call audio issue = fixed
    Blacklisting any numbers causes FC = Looking into this
    Phone freezes or quits the NPR news app while trying to live stream a favorite station = looking into this
    Wi-fi Drains majority of battery = fixed
    Phone memory (internal SD) is not accessible via File Explorer or 3rd party File Explorer apps, only the external SD Card is accessible. = fixed via mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    lag when pulling down status bar/on status bar pulldown = no issues for me
    Ringtone doesn't work. = fixed
    Settings constantly crashing when themed with Ultimate iPhone theme 7.0 = Link for testing?
    application not working = ?????????????????????????????

So you like being given what you get without being able to choose!

Android is Android, I like having flavor in my cup of Life is all..
    Found the issue with attaching Pic's though, it's the Mms.apk after doing a full debug on the frameworks.jar

looking into fixing the MIUI Mms.apk now..

After fixing the ( / Pushing AOSP ) Mms.apk it seems everything is now working regarding that issue..

I'm going to move onto the other issue at hand for now though & get them knocked out then move back to the mms now I know what it is.