Bricked HTC Vivivd

Search This thread

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Hello,

After the OTA update, my Vivid doesn't want to turn on at all. When I connect it to USB I get QHSUSB_DLOAD and nothing happens.

Any ideas ? Thank you !

sgs2_1.6

Nov 24, 2011
Your phone is done. There is no way to fix the problem beside getting a new phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
I wouldn't say that. Since the chipset could be written, it is not completely dead. Sensation users have already found a fix for this, but it is a different chipset.

kozmikkick

Nov 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
We don't have the files needed to recover. Either you need to get it replaced under warranty or insurance.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Which OTA update? As far as I know AT&T and Telstra are the only two carriers to have released their ICS update OTA. If you're actually on Voda in Romania I don't know what would have possessed you to try installing one of those two OTAs.

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
The phone is from AT&T. It didn't have any sim card in it when I got the update.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
No. It doesn't react at any keypress.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
I cannot acces the bootloader, so it's a no go. Thank you for trying to help !

G

GuestK00403

@Bioan What have you done with your bricked Vivid ? I may be willing to buy it for parts.

Last edited:

chinoaoki_

Mar 20, 2012
htc vivid bricked

hi

i got a problem with my htc vivid , i was trying to update the e ICS and my phone fall down into the floor during update and the batery get off.

now i cant turn it on, no bootloader, no usb conection, i cant do anything with my phone.

theres something i can do to get back my phone like before????

please any one can help me?

rajbsn

Jun 15, 2007
There is no fix yet to Vivid brick issue. There are some great folks working in Sensation forum for a similar issue and there may be hope in the near future.

bend32

May 13, 2011
Serious Help Needed

Hello everyone. Sorry to even waste your time, but I am in need of help with my HTC Vivid. I am on an unrooted, locked bootloader, and I have been trying to upgrade to the newest ICS OTA update that I missed with the dialer code.

I have downloaded the PH39IMG.zip, and it updated my HBoot to 1.85.0024. This is where I am stuck. The phone will only show HTC on startup, and then goes black. Again I am on an unrooted HTC Vivid. Any help would be hugly appreciated. Please help out a simpleton.

Thanks for your time.

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Hello everyone. Sorry to even waste your time, but I am in need of help with my HTC Vivid. I am on an unrooted, locked bootloader, and I have been trying to upgrade to the newest ICS OTA update that I missed with the dialer code.

I have downloaded the PH39IMG.zip, and it updated my HBoot to 1.85.0024. This is where I am stuck. The phone will only show HTC on startup, and then goes black. Again I am on an unrooted HTC Vivid. Any help would be hugly appreciated. Please help out a simpleton.

Thanks for your time.

Did you run the PH39IMG file twice? it needs to run the file twice to complete updating the HBOOT. In any case, and this goes for all who are not very familiar with Vivid flashing, USE THE RUU!

In your current state, try to boot into bootloader (you probably already know the process, but it is power + vol down from power off state) Once you have booted into bootloader, you can proceed and upgrade to stock ICS. If you decided to run custom roms after, it is easy and much much less likely to brick your phone.

bend32

May 13, 2011
Hallelujah

Thanks so much guys. Those were helpful tips, and I have ICS running now. Thanks again. Have a good one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To the OP, your device is in no way bricked. Those that say otherwise do not understand Qualcomm architecture & the different layers of firmware.

You are in emergency Dload mode. Something I am very familiar with since I was forcing my device into this mode purposely while working on S-Off a few months ago.

Wit proper & full memory mapping, this can be fixed using a terminal emulator & the Qualcomm Snapdragon developer suite. I won't waste my time, but if you are still having issues & are in Dload still via USB, let me know.

To the naysayers, look up a little old project called FrankenKaiser. I have been in QC_Dload many times & am still using my device today. Much depends on how far the update got & what radio/HBoot & rom version (GB or ICS) you have flashed or partially flashed. I consider you lucky as this is a technical soft-brick.

The trick that is really cool is that from dload, you can write raw data into RAM. Just like I did when fixing Kaisers. If you had the AT&T original rom on your device, you may be in luck, as I have that somewhere between 40 & 60% memory mapped. This allows you to write the SPL from Hboot into ram, making your device think it has hboot, which allows you to then run hboot from ram, using it to re-install a real hboot onto the chip. The downside is that I was working with an S-Off hboot when doing this, but unless QC made some serious changes, it still may work.

Let me know where you are at, if you still have the device & it's status & I will see if I can dig up the S3 memory map. Otherwise, you can sped 30 - 50 & jtag the unit. Either way, you will need to be patient, have some knowledge of arm architecture & adb/fastboot type commands (understand what setting flags means, variables, & basic command (CMD) abilities. You must be precise when loading anything this way or it is big trouble.

Having a device in emergency dload can be a cool thing or a frightening thing depending on your experience. Fortunately, I had a lot of Kaisers & used them to try new things with Oli, Cmonex & Jocky, so I know exactly what it means & what it is doing (looking for). If still there, you can access & give radio commands or even send bytes to radio (rdata), allowing you to unsecure the device radio (2 bytes), which is one step in S-Off.
    Hi I seen your problem to me step and follow these steps to get here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20807914&postcount=2 download from here http://www.filefactory.com/f/002b74e0f4775869/ version for AT & T is this RUU_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_CINGULAR_3.26.502.52 install it from your computer and running.
    Forgive my English.