[Fastboot Files] Droid 4 ICS (Blur_Version.6.16.217)

Search This thread

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
You can download Blur_Version.6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US Droid 4 ICS firmware from here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/list.php

It will recover your phone if you soft-brick it on ICS.

BE AWARE THAT AFTER YOU FLASH ICS (either using OTA or FASTBOOT) THEN YOU CANNOT FLASH BACK GINGERBREAD (the phone will not boot until you flash back ICS)!!!

"FIRMWARE TEAM"

Last edited:

wheels01

Mar 6, 2011
PHX
quick question, could we use this to move back to the upgrade path if running a leak? Could we fastboot (and how) to the official ICS if we are on a different leak
does it even matter if we are on the latest leak?

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
quick question, could we use this to move back to the upgrade path if running a leak? Could we fastboot (and how) to the official ICS if we are on a different leak

Leak .217 is the official version so if you are on that you don't have to do anything. Still on the upgrade path.

this "should" allow you to flash .217 no matter what version you are on....GB .215 or .219 or ICS .200-.217 though no one has tried it as far as I know...

While you can't flash the old GB fastboot files over ICS with success....you should be able to flash the ICS fastboot files over anything.

Reactions: wheels01 and podspi

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Leak .217 is the official version so if you are on that you don't have to do anything. Still on the upgrade path.

this "should" allow you to flash .217 no matter what version you are on....GB .215 or .219 or ICS .200-.217 though no one has tried it as far as I know...

While you can't flash the old GB fastboot files over ICS with success....you should be able to flash the ICS fastboot files over anything.

I ran this already on my D4, it was running .217 before, didn't lose any data, just had to re-root.

I wanted to make sure I had everything completely since I was going leak to leak before and didn't want my recovery partition or something else to be buggered in the future.

teookie

Feb 5, 2011
Anyone mind explaining how to flash stuff via fastboot on the droid 4? I've used fastboot on a kindle fire and droid incredible, but never on the D4. I'd hate to mess it up.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

ok so I got the fastboot .exe. Do I just use the

Code:
moto-fastboot update <UPDATE-FILE-NAME>

command with the file linked to in the OP?

gdeeble

Oct 8, 2011
Anyone mind explaining how to flash stuff via fastboot on the droid 4? I've used fastboot on a kindle fire and droid incredible, but never on the D4. I'd hate to mess it up.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

ok so I got the fastboot .exe. Do I just use the

Code:
moto-fastboot update <UPDATE-FILE-NAME>

command with the file linked to in the OP?

That's what I did. I didn't upgrade to 217 it self but used the kernel from 215 and 217 to see if they were any better, which I got better life from 217 for sure. I used moto-fastboot flash boot "Kernel.IMG" I think. I'm still running the 208 rom it self though, which I've had no problems out. Has anyone seen a notice in 217 over 208 BTW?

bdizzel1982

Jan 25, 2007
South Dakota
Ok sorry for the noob question but can someone explain to me how to flash this on my gf stock droid 4 she keeps asking me when she is going to get ics so I would like to flash this tonight if possible.

Can I use RSD Lite or does this only work with fast boot?

Last edited:

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Reactions: bdizzel1982

rohinsadh

Oct 17, 2006
You can download Blur_Version.6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US Droid 4 ICS firmware from here:

BE AWARE THAT AFTER YOU FLASH ICS (either using OTA or FASTBOOT) THEN YOU CANNOT FLASH BACK GINGERBREAD (the phone will not boot until you flash back ICS)!!!

"FIRMWARE TEAM"

Hello
Not working. Kindly provide alternate URL to download

Thanks
R.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Anybody has a copy of the fastboot files? Apparently sbf.droid-developers.org is no longer working? Particularly Blur_Version.98.72.18.XT894.Verizon.en.US ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"FIRMWARE TEAM"

Ok sorry for the noob question but can someone explain to me how to flash this on my gf stock droid 4 she keeps asking me when she is going to get ics so I would like to flash this tonight if possible.

Can I use RSD Lite or does this only work with fast boot?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30270578

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    sbf.droid-developers.org is back up.