Boost signal strength?

Search This thread

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
So I have the vs980 version and for some reason despite Verizon's "amazing service" I find I get a crap ton of failed sent text messages. I live on long island and should have 4g coverage almost everywhere but find I get less than 3g a lot of the time. Is there anything I could do to boost signal strength.

I see custom Roms say they can improve signal. How do they go about doing this?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Jimi Mack

Mar 6, 2011
Long Island
So I have the vs980 version and for some reason despite Verizon's "amazing service" I find I get a crap ton of failed sent text messages. I live on long island and should have 4g coverage almost everywhere but find I get less than 3g a lot of the time. Is there anything I could do to boost signal strength.

I see custom Roms say they can improve signal. How do they go about doing this?

I am also on LI and I travel throughout the Island all day each day and outside of a few towns I always see a solid 4G signal. In about what area are you having issues and only getting a 3G signal. The issue maybe the phone and not the Rom.

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
Pretty much anywhere to be honest. Think I should take the phone into verizon and see about it? I am usually in Brookhaven and get crap service.

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
For instance.

dIdwkoz.jpg

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
Also for another reference. This is old but still useful. This is normal service strength for me.

0eD682U.jpg

Pokerristt

Jul 26, 2013
Different kernels do signal boosting job after root...
But first try factory rest...
If problem resist and u are out of warranty..
Then try using dorimanx's kernel stock...
Do some research on kernels first...
Hope it helps.....

scokeguy

Jun 12, 2012
Mt. Vernon, TX
Did you get a new sim card with phone or just transfer your old one? I ask because I tried to use my old one when I upgraded and it did not go so well... Constant dropped 4g and bad battery drain. Switched to a new Sim card and it was like I got a new phone. No 4g drops since. I know it seems like a simple thing but it really made a bug difference for me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
Did you get a new sim card with phone or just transfer your old one? I ask because I tried to use my old one when I upgraded and it did not go so well... Constant dropped 4g and bad battery drain. Switched to a new Sim card and it was like I got a new phone. No 4g drops since. I know it seems like a simple thing but it really made a bug difference for me.

The phone came pre installed with a new Sim. Think I should try and get another new one?

scokeguy

Jun 12, 2012
Mt. Vernon, TX
It wouldn't hurt. If you tell your provider you think it's faulty they will normally just give you a new one. If not they are only a couple dollars I think...