I just got an Xperia Z, and I don't know the pattern

Search This thread

Metal Slug

Aug 10, 2012
Alright, I just purchased an Xperia Z, second hand, but i don't know the pattern. I have tried various times to hard reset it, using dozens of tutorials online and it wouldn't work. Another problem is that my computer is unable to find drivers for it, so I could not even reset it using Sony PC companion. Tips please?

75blp.png

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Alright, I just purchased an Xperia Z, second hand, but i don't know the pattern. I have tried various times to hard reset it, using dozens of tutorials online and it wouldn't work. Another problem is that my computer is unable to find drivers for it, so I could not even reset it using Sony PC companion. Tips please?

75blp.png

If you're stuck at the lockscreen pattern, and your phone is stock Sony and unrooted, then invoking the retail demo bypasses the lockscreen. Press emergency call and type "star-hash-star-hash-S E L L M O R E-hash-star-hash-star" ( *#*#73556673#*#*). This causes the store demo mode to run and bypasses lockscreen. Press volume or any part of the screen to exit, go to settings and disable screen lock....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

Last edited:

Denhot

Jun 26, 2013
Assuming that you don't have any data you'll require and it's all stock.

Just download and use Sony Update Service and restore the phone. That should install the appropriate drivers too in the computer.
@Cookie Ninja That's a pretty cool method but won't it ask you to enter the pattern when you try to disable pattern unlock?

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app