[Q] Out of the loop for a while, need help upgrading

Search This thread

Wolfmother1257

Dec 5, 2010
Currently my phone is on 4.1.2 bonestock ROM with [VRBMF1] and I believe the bootloader is unlocked. I've been out of the loop for so long that I dont know what the best way to get to 4.3 is while keeping my root and bootloader unlocked. Any help is appreciated!

Jacquestrapp

Apr 27, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Currently my phone is on 4.1.2 bonestock ROM with [VRBMF1] and I believe the bootloader is unlocked. I've been out of the loop for so long that I dont know what the best way to get to 4.3 is while keeping my root and bootloader unlocked. Any help is appreciated!

First, a caveat: Android 4.4 was just released for our phones a couple days ago, so you may want to wait a little while and see if any ROMs based on it come out. As of right now, there isn't a rooted version available, so 4.3 is your only option.

If you're on Bonestock, your bootloader is in fact unlocked. You can flash any of the 4.3 ROMs you find in the Android Development section. You should update your recovery first, I use TWRP version 2.6.3.0, the newest version is 2.7.1.0.

You should also flash the newer modem for the phone, VRUCML1, first, you can find that here under the Modems folder: http://d-h.st/users/invisiblek/?fld_id=35604#files. Only do that if you are actually going to update to a 4.3 ROM. Then you can flash any ROM you like: CleanROM 8.2 would be my pick, there's also Alliance and MOAR.

Wolfmother1257

Dec 5, 2010
First, a caveat: Android 4.4 was just released for our phones a couple days ago, so you may want to wait a little while and see if any ROMs based on it come out. As of right now, there isn't a rooted version available, so 4.3 is your only option.

If you're on Bonestock, your bootloader is in fact unlocked. You can flash any of the 4.3 ROMs you find in the Android Development section. You should update your recovery first, I use TWRP version 2.6.3.0, the newest version is 2.7.1.0.

You should also flash the newer modem for the phone, VRUCML1, first, you can find that here under the Modems folder: . Only do that if you are actually going to update to a 4.3 ROM. Then you can flash any ROM you like: CleanROM 8.2 would be my pick, there's also Alliance and MOAR.

Thank bud, this is exactly what I needed!