I want to re-enable OTA updates for GS4.

Search This thread

grocerybag

Jul 11, 2014
Hi,
I'm running a stock rooted GS4, but I deleted the VZW SDM apk that gives the OTA updates. Now whenever I try to update my phone; it just crashes and nothing happens. Does anyone know where I can find that apk file to try and re-enable them?

Thanks.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hi,
I'm running a stock rooted GS4, but I deleted the VZW SDM apk that gives the OTA updates. Now whenever I try to update my phone; it just crashes and nothing happens. Does anyone know where I can find that apk file to try and re-enable them?

Thanks.

you can not take OTA if your phone is rooted....the phone must be 100% stock with no frozen files and no missing files. Your best bet is to use odin

Reactions: grocerybag

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hi,

Thanks.

It'll definitely crash after removing SDM then trying to update with it lol

Like Bob just hop into Odin and use that... Very easy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: grocerybag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks.

you can not take OTA if your phone is rooted....the phone must be 100% stock with no frozen files and no missing files. Your best bet is to use odin
    Hi,

Thanks.

It'll definitely crash after removing SDM then trying to update with it lol

Like Bob just hop into Odin and use that... Very easy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Hi,

Thanks.

ODIN, No Wipe......