[Q] Corrupt/unmountable drive?

Search This thread

antisense

Feb 15, 2011
So over the last week, I began having an issue with my previously stable SGS3 running CM 10.2 (which I've been running for over a year). My phone would occasionally just shut off, about once or twice a day. Yesterday, it did so, and upon trying to reboot it, I was stuck in a loop.

I can still boot into TWRP, but I cannot mount anything as it gives me an error.

I can get ODIN to communicate with the phone, but when trying to flash back to stock, it fails saying there is no PIT partition. I've tried including a pit file and re-partitioning during the flash, but I still get the same error. Is my internal drive shot? Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I hate to say it, but if Odin cant flash with or without the PIT file, theres a good chance the memory is going bad.

It is possible to replace just the chip, but its much easier and safer to just replace the motherboard.

You may want a second opinion though. Its always possible im not thinking of something else you can try.

Reactions: antisense

antisense

Feb 15, 2011
I hate to say it, but if Odin cant flash with or without the PIT file, theres a good chance the memory is going bad.

It is possible to replace just the chip, but its much easier and safer to just replace the motherboard.

You may want a second opinion though. Its always possible im not thinking of something else you can try.

Thanks a lot for the reply; paired with the fact that the power downs seemed to be preceded by app hanging, I'm inclined to trust you. Now to see if I can find an i747 motherboard.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
You can find them on ebay. Sometimes as the board itself, or by buying a device with a broken display, but with a clean imei and tested good for powering on.
Ive seen a few go for as little as $40-50 recently, but they can often be a little more.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can find them on ebay. Sometimes as the board itself, or by buying a device with a broken display, but with a clean imei and tested good for powering on.
    Ive seen a few go for as little as $40-50 recently, but they can often be a little more.