[APP][2.3+] MIUI V5 Launcher for Tablets

How is performance on your device after installing Beta 1?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Good

• Average

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
HEPQkEz.png

MiLauncher for Tablets

I'm proud to announce the overhaul of the MIUI Launcher for Tablets.
It's been a very long time since I've updated the project, as when I left it, (due to not owning a tablet any more) I believed that it was working as I had intended on Tablets, sadly, as of Android 4.3 that was no longer the case.
With the release of Android 4.4 I obtained another tablet and decided to update the project. This is the result of my work, my research and the help of a few others, who will be mentioned below.
Please, provide feedback, hit thanks, and most importantly, enjoy it. Please understand that this is currently in beta, the bugs that it currently contains are all small graphical quality of life ones, and I'll be getting right on those.
As someone who is studying full time, please understand that I don't have a lot of free time, but I'll do my best to update this regularly and respond to any concerns or issues you may have.
I do not give permission for my work to be redistributed, direct linked or posted anywhere else other then XDA-developers.com or en.miui.com forums. Anyone who shares this must post a link to this thread and give credit.

1e706Bo.png

Landscape Mode Only - Persistent for the moment.
Grid Sizing Options;
-6x6
-7x5
-8x5
-8x6
Pretty MIUI Icons
Various Transition Effects
Hide apps from your home screen and make their access pin protected!
MIUI Widgets
MIUI Theme Market
Android 2.3-4.4 support

WPmWAJJ.png

Code:
Beta 1: 
31st March 2014
Initial re-release
Based off MiHome 2.22.0
Resolved an issue where the launcher would not open on Android 4.3 and 4.4 devices
Not really a ton to say as of yet

S5AIEzx.png

They're probably a little giant, brace yourself.

SQlsDyS.png

QAMeWOQ.png

5frKeSv.png

nD6aQbA.png

oTY8aIt.png

rthtwy2.png

CB82tgC.png

Last edited:

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
zRR6aSP.png

Bug or Graphical Issue / Work around
Beta 1:
The MIUI weather clock 4x2, Clock 2x1 and Clock 2x2 do not appear graphically correct on the HP Touchpad.
> Pending further feedback from other devices. Stock and non MIUI widgets work.

In the Launcher Settings -> Launcher: There is text that does not appear in english.
>This is the Hide Apps With a Pin Function.

Static Wallpapers seem blurred when using this launcher on the HP Touchpad.
> Pending further feedback from other devices, not sure if this is device specific or not, Live Wallpapers Seem to Work Fine.

There is text that does not appear in english in the themes market
Obviously as the market stuff is server side, I can't change that, however there may be a few local images > Pending further investigation.

MIUI Express Locker is terribly scaled, low res and buggy
> Disable Express Locker, which is stated in the install instructions anyway.
This is something I'm still looking into and I'm not sure if I can fix it, generally it's about as buggy and slow as most lock screen replacements anyway,
not sure if they've improved that from the last time I used MiHome on a phone > Pending further investigation.

If you have an issue be it graphical or performance based, the first step is to make sure it isn't a bug from your rom,
if you've excluded that possibility post in this thread, for me to be able to do anything with it, you must include;
Code:
 Your Device Name
 Your Android Version
 Your Current Rom
 Your Device DPI
 Version of this Launcher
 The problem.

If you haven't followed the install instructions below, don't expect me to do anything to resolve your issue until you do.

z6PKUWN.png

Part 1:

Download and Install MiHome-Step1.apk
Once the launcher loads, slide up from above the nav bar and hit "Launcher Settings."
Scroll down the options until you find "Cell Layout Type"
Hit it and select the option that suits your device best
Please choose wisely because you'll need to re-install the app to change this.

Part 2

Download and Install ZSC.mihome.BX.apk, (X being the latest version number)
You will be prompted to update MiHome, obviously confirm it.
Once MiHome loads, you may or may not notice a rather mangled looking clock widget.
I am aware of this and for the moment, delete it.
Head into launcher settings, if you don't have a physical menu button look in the next section.
Hit the "Lockscreen" option, uncheck "Use MiHome Locker",
this is the lockscreen replacement Xiaomi includes with the launcher.
It doesn't play well with larger screens or landscape as of the moment

Optional But Very Recommended

If you do not have a physical menu key,
long press an empty part of the screen and hit the "Toolbox" icon.
Select the "Launcher Settings" icon on the far right.
You'll see the icon is on your home screen, open the settings.
Hit the "Launcher" option, look down at the last option "Choose Swipe Up Gesture Function"
Hit it and select the last option "Swipe up to open Menu."
Now you can view all your options by sliding up from above the nav bar again!

If your transitions seem slow, or strange when changing home pages,
Head into "Launcher Settings", Hit Launcher
Hit "Screen Transition Effects" and select something other than "Classic",
This is optional, but Classic looks silly and makes the launcher seem less fluid.
It may also appear strangely on some devices.

jin7pLq.png

Beta 1:
YOU MUST INSTALL STEP 1 THEN INSTALL STEP 2
Step 1 - Refer to the Instructions
Step 2 - Refer to the Instructions

Code:
I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your device, but I highly doubt anything will.

vGdqqa1.png

Last edited:

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
The lock screen causes graphical issues on larger screens, so feel free to enable it if you'd like, it also looks kind of weird when it's upscaled. Themes can be applied but so far it only affects icons, wallpapers and home screen related stuff. Hopefully, ill be able to fix the lock screen but for now, I recommend you disable it.

Lock screen:
Screenshot_2013-04-14-08-28-31_zpsba554f74.png

Last edited:

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi..

I tried the 8x6 on my note 2. But like the other saod only works on landscape.. so i used xpossed app setting to changr tje DPI to 180 and allow normal rorarion.. now it looks really good.l and its smoth... but im kinda lost my other apps... where is the app drawer??? :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk HD

ts_firehawk

Sep 27, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hi..

I tried the 8x6 on my note 2. But like the other saod only works on landscape.. so i used xpossed app setting to changr tje DPI to 180 and allow normal rorarion.. now it looks really good.l and its smoth... but im kinda lost my other apps... where is the app drawer??? :D

MIUI doesn't use app drawer...look for an icon called Other apps on the last page of the drawer. it would be awesome if OP made an portrait version too...

Reactions: flatronics

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
Will upload a several portrait versions tomorrow, hopefully fix MiLocker, could a phablet user tell me what the standard/default grid size is?

Der_Flooo

Apr 21, 2012
Berlin
www.facebook.com
Will upload a several portrait versions tomorrow, hopefully fix MiLocker, could a phablet user tell me what the standard/default grid size is?

what do you mean ? the standart grid size from mihome? or like me (note 2) from stock touchwiz launcher?

edit: it would be so nice if you can make a version for note 2...because the 4x5 grid from stock mihome is bad for the big screen :(

Last edited:

cardefbel

Feb 18, 2007
Nice to see this on my tab.

On very little bug: frame off photo widget is not showing complete.

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
Later this afternoon :) Also, the way MiHome was developed to be only portrait, I'm not sure if i can add auto rotation at this point. If needed download "rotation locker in the play store :)

Unfortunatly due to storms in my area I'm unable to upload as I only have internet tethered from my phone, not two version up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HEPQkEz.png

MiLauncher for Tablets

I'm proud to announce the overhaul of the MIUI Launcher for Tablets.
    It's been a very long time since I've updated the project, as when I left it, (due to not owning a tablet any more) I believed that it was working as I had intended on Tablets, sadly, as of Android 4.3 that was no longer the case.
    With the release of Android 4.4 I obtained another tablet and decided to update the project. This is the result of my work, my research and the help of a few others, who will be mentioned below.
    Please, provide feedback, hit thanks, and most importantly, enjoy it. Please understand that this is currently in beta, the bugs that it currently contains are all small graphical quality of life ones, and I'll be getting right on those.
    As someone who is studying full time, please understand that I don't have a lot of free time, but I'll do my best to update this regularly and respond to any concerns or issues you may have.
    I do not give permission for my work to be redistributed, direct linked or posted anywhere else other then XDA-developers.com or en.miui.com forums. Anyone who shares this must post a link to this thread and give credit.

1e706Bo.png

Landscape Mode Only - Persistent for the moment.
    Grid Sizing Options;
    -6x6
    -7x5
    -8x5
    -8x6
    Pretty MIUI Icons
    Various Transition Effects
    Hide apps from your home screen and make their access pin protected!
    MIUI Widgets
    MIUI Theme Market
    Android 2.3-4.4 support

WPmWAJJ.png

Code:
    Beta 1: 
    31st March 2014
    Initial re-release
    Based off MiHome 2.22.0
    Resolved an issue where the launcher would not open on Android 4.3 and 4.4 devices
    Not really a ton to say as of yet

S5AIEzx.png

They're probably a little giant, brace yourself.

SQlsDyS.png

QAMeWOQ.png

5frKeSv.png

nD6aQbA.png

oTY8aIt.png

rthtwy2.png

CB82tgC.png

zRR6aSP.png

Bug or Graphical Issue / Work around
    Beta 1:
    The MIUI weather clock 4x2, Clock 2x1 and Clock 2x2 do not appear graphically correct on the HP Touchpad.
    > Pending further feedback from other devices. Stock and non MIUI widgets work.

In the Launcher Settings -> Launcher: There is text that does not appear in english.
    >This is the Hide Apps With a Pin Function.

Static Wallpapers seem blurred when using this launcher on the HP Touchpad.
    > Pending further feedback from other devices, not sure if this is device specific or not, Live Wallpapers Seem to Work Fine.

There is text that does not appear in english in the themes market
    Obviously as the market stuff is server side, I can't change that, however there may be a few local images > Pending further investigation.

MIUI Express Locker is terribly scaled, low res and buggy
    > Disable Express Locker, which is stated in the install instructions anyway.
    This is something I'm still looking into and I'm not sure if I can fix it, generally it's about as buggy and slow as most lock screen replacements anyway,
    not sure if they've improved that from the last time I used MiHome on a phone > Pending further investigation.

If you have an issue be it graphical or performance based, the first step is to make sure it isn't a bug from your rom,
    if you've excluded that possibility post in this thread, for me to be able to do anything with it, you must include;
    Code:
     Your Device Name
     Your Android Version
     Your Current Rom
     Your Device DPI
     Version of this Launcher
     The problem.

If you haven't followed the install instructions below, don't expect me to do anything to resolve your issue until you do.

z6PKUWN.png

Part 1:

Download and Install MiHome-Step1.apk
    Once the launcher loads, slide up from above the nav bar and hit "Launcher Settings."
    Scroll down the options until you find "Cell Layout Type"
    Hit it and select the option that suits your device best
    Please choose wisely because you'll need to re-install the app to change this.

Part 2

Download and Install ZSC.mihome.BX.apk, (X being the latest version number)
    You will be prompted to update MiHome, obviously confirm it.
    Once MiHome loads, you may or may not notice a rather mangled looking clock widget.
    I am aware of this and for the moment, delete it.
    Head into launcher settings, if you don't have a physical menu button look in the next section.
    Hit the "Lockscreen" option, uncheck "Use MiHome Locker",
    this is the lockscreen replacement Xiaomi includes with the launcher.
    It doesn't play well with larger screens or landscape as of the moment

Optional But Very Recommended

If you do not have a physical menu key,
    long press an empty part of the screen and hit the "Toolbox" icon.
    Select the "Launcher Settings" icon on the far right.
    You'll see the icon is on your home screen, open the settings.
    Hit the "Launcher" option, look down at the last option "Choose Swipe Up Gesture Function"
    Hit it and select the last option "Swipe up to open Menu."
    Now you can view all your options by sliding up from above the nav bar again!

If your transitions seem slow, or strange when changing home pages,
    Head into "Launcher Settings", Hit Launcher
    Hit "Screen Transition Effects" and select something other than "Classic",
    This is optional, but Classic looks silly and makes the launcher seem less fluid.
    It may also appear strangely on some devices.

jin7pLq.png

Beta 1:
    YOU MUST INSTALL STEP 1 THEN INSTALL STEP 2
    Step 1 - Refer to the Instructions
    Step 2 - Refer to the Instructions

Code:
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your device, but I highly doubt anything will.

vGdqqa1.png
    Looks nice. Will try it soon, thanks!
    Hi..

MIUI doesn't use app drawer...look for an icon called Other apps on the last page of the drawer. it would be awesome if OP made an portrait version too...