[Q] My Grand fell in water :( Please HELP!!!

Search This thread

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Hey there.. Please help me guys!
I accidently left my phone in my jeans pocket and put that jeans to wash.... The phone got wet and isn't working now...

Things I tried:

> Removing battery instantly as I got the phone

>Keeping phone in sun and making water evaporate for some time...

> Then Putting battery in the phone and switching it on... (also tried the download mode.. it did not work :( )

Please Do Reply...

~~~~~ I really want my grand back!! ~~~~~ :good: :good: :good:

saaketp

Jan 4, 2014
Kharagpur
I accidently left my phone in my jeans pocket and put that jeans to wash.... The phone got wet and isn't working now...

Things I tried:

> Then Putting battery in the phone and switching it on... (also tried the download mode.. it did not work :( )

Please Do Reply...

My phone also got wet few days back (fell in a puddle on the road!!). I let it dry outside in the sun but still it didn't work.

I searched and got suggestion to put phone in sack of rice as it absorbs the water.

After keeping the phone in rice for about 1.5 days I took it out and now it works except the power button has to be pressed hard and it doesn't work sometimes (it did not work initially after coming out of rice and I thought that phone is gone but it works).

KanD93

Sep 27, 2013
Rice can help....

I would suggest that you put your phone in a box full of rice and close the box and let it be there for 1-2 days. This had helped me earlier.
And don't keep the battery in the phone, take it out and then put both the things in the box.
I hope this helps. :good:

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai

Things I tried:

Please Do Reply...

You should get a new Display I guess.

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Thanks guys

Thank you guys!! I went today to a local samsung shop.. he opened the fone in front of me and showed me tht some parts of the motherboard are rusted!! :(
I tried switching the fone on but to no avail...
He told me that he will put the new parts in some 2600 Rs ... illl tell ulll if it works!
THANK YOU GUYS FOR REPLYING! :good: