[APP]Easy Battery Saver

Search This thread

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
All battery saver apps do is things you can do yourself like disabling mobile data and wifi when not using the screen. Extending battery life is common sense...disable auto sync, adjust the brightness, disable wifi when not in use, disable key vibrate etc etc.

And displaying battery use images are irrelevant unless it's 100% screentime.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
All battery saver apps do is things you can do yourself like disabling mobile data and wifi when not using the screen. Extending battery life is common sense...disable auto sync, adjust the brightness, disable wifi when not in use, disable key vibrate etc etc.

And displaying battery use images are irrelevant unless it's 100% screentime.

do not worry i still feel the same about battery apps. but lately kinda having the change of mind about them and it is nice to have it do it for you. still sitting on the fence here but will give more tests with the app and without to see if it makes a difference. :)

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
The benefit of having a battery app work for you is counteracted by the battery power they use themselves lol.

Sipheren

This is my level after today using battery saver intelligent and the custom Rom revolution.

yesterday with the phone stock it was dead before now...

Attachments

• 2012-05-13_21-35-45.jpg
    2012-05-13_21-35-45.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 2012-05-13_21-35-52.jpg
    2012-05-13_21-35-52.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: Goku80

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
OK I've been using these apps and all I can say is this: They DO save you battery, simply (as was mentioned earlier) for doing things like switching off the radios etc when theyre not needed. They primarily save you more battery when you're NOT using the phone, in terms of practical usage.

There is no escaping the fact that the screen is a battery sucking whore, and personally what I'd like to know (perhaps another thread is required) is how long of constant screen usage can you get, until your battery is dead as a doornail? Sure, I realise that constantly browsing the web, is different to playing a 3D game, but it would be nice for people to submit some results anyway. As soon as I get the chance, I will disable screen sleep and see how long it takes to drain from a full charge. I think that would be interesting. In other words, is the screen solely responsible for bad battery life? And how much do the other components affect battery life as well? I've heard people blaming a Tegra 3 driver bug for example, saying the CPU is to blame for bad battery life. Things might become a little clearer when more people submit results.

Last edited:

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
OK I've been using these apps and all I can say is this: They DO save you battery, simply (as was mentioned earlier) for doing things like switching off the radios etc when theyre not needed. They primarily save you more battery when you're NOT using the phone, in terms of practical usage.

There is no escaping the fact that the screen is a battery sucking whore, and personally what I'd like to know (perhaps another thread is required) is how long of constant screen usage can you get, until your battery is dead as a doornail? Sure, I realise that constantly browsing the web, is different to playing a 3D game, but it would be nice for people to submit some results anyway. As soon as I get the chance, I will disable screen sleep and see how long it takes to drain from a full charge. I think that would be interesting. In other words, is the screen solely responsible for bad battery life? And how much do the other components affect battery life as well? I've heard people blaming a Tegra 3 driver bug for example, saying the CPU is to blame for bad battery life. Things might become a little clearer when more people submit results.

yes you are right...displays are the battery suckers. sure they are apps were you can test that..have you had a look on the market? not sure if it is a bug of the drivers. I do not think it is the cpu to blame..it is just one of them things. screen for me is the main reason..plain and simple..we just got to live with it

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
Ok, here is my screentime battery test running firmware 1.28, browsing only, no games, over wifi.

56802aba-4580-fd63.jpg

After one hour

56802aba-4660-79fa.jpg

After 3 hours

56802aba-45a8-b1bc.jpg

Last edited:

forumhookersdotcom

Apr 22, 2012
With low brightness you can get more than 5 hours of on screen time without any app too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

andreipga85

Jan 4, 2010
Bucharest
In my opinion the only thing this app is doing well is that, the switching on/off the data connection is faster then others.

in my case i can not live without data conn off because i am using whatsapp with all my closest friends and family, i have 3 mail accounts (Smart sync)+ gmail, and i have autosync always on.
with all this i can manage to get about 1day of use with screen on 2h38minutes and no battery saver installed.
anyway i will give this out of curiosity

in the intelligent mode whats the sync schedule?

regards

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
use the customized version mate..that way you can edit each mod the way you want...and you can edit the schedule when you want it to be active or not. best way really so at least you know you made a profile to your needs. just have a play around with it.

and the sync schedule is basically when you want the sync to take place and every how often;)

In my opinion the only thing this app is doing well is that, the switching on/off the data connection is faster then others.

in my case i can not live without data conn off because i am using whatsapp with all my closest friends and family, i have 3 mail accounts (Smart sync)+ gmail, and i have autosync always on.
with all this i can manage to get about 1day of use with screen on 2h38minutes and no battery saver installed.
anyway i will give this out of curiosity

in the intelligent mode whats the sync schedule?

regards

andreipga85

Jan 4, 2010
Bucharest
use the customized version mate..that way you can edit each mod the way you want...and you can edit the schedule when you want it to be active or not. best way really so at least you know you made a profile to your needs. just have a play around with it.

and the sync schedule is basically when you want the sync to take place and every how often;)

i did my friend.
i'll keep it for testing :)

but i have a dilemma - when switching data back ON isn't consuming as much battery as this app is saving? from my experience when data is switching ON is consuming some power.

well enough talking.
i will keep it in testing :)

regards

C56X

May 22, 2012
With this app, is it also possible to have the remaining battery percentage displayed?

Does it make ANY difference if we charged the battery when it was down to say, 60% as opposed to when it is 30%, other than just the recharge time?
At what battery remaining percentage is it advisable to recharge?

I've read that once fully charged, it is advisable to keep it charged for a couple of hours longer, and then take it off the charger. Is this true, and does this help prolong batter life any?

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. Firstly i want to state that i am not really a big fan of battery saving apps or task killing apps. But i must admit this application really got me thinking again about that opinion of mine. I want to introduce you guys to a little find i found on the market called Easy Battery Saver. You can get the free version which basically does all you need or i think there is a Pro version to.

Link to the application is here

Description of the app from the creators:

Easy Battery Saver, your super battery savior
    Does your phone always need charging, even once a day?
    Does your phone always die at crucial moment due to running out of battery?
    Want to find a perfect solution?
    Now is your answer!
    Save power, extend battery life and perfect experience of using phone with Easy Battery Saver!
    Easy Battery Saver is a powerful yet easy to use power manager app specifically designed to extend battery life and optimize using habit.
    Easy Battery Saver saves your battery by intelligently dealing with phone’s network connectivity, screen time out and screen brightness. What’s more, the considerable sleep schedule setting will save your battery when you are sleeping.
    Easy Battery Saver is easy to use by four preset saving modes and advanced customized mode. Just choose one mode, the battery problems will go away.
    General Saving Mode, it has the basic network control, screen control and the sleep schedule to meet your normal battery saving needs.
    Intelligent Saving Mode, it has the eight different controls and runs intelligently to save more battery than general saving mode.
    Super Power Saving Mode, it can keep your phone's standby time as long as possible; you won't have to worry about whether your phone dies at crucial moment due to running out of battery any more.
    Advanced Customized Mode, it is the best choice for fanciers; you can set all the values as you like, let your phone running in your way. The more, waiting for you to find!
    Normal Mode, it will do nothing for your battery.
    Also, tutorials in Easy Battery Saver will tell you how to deal with multi tasking and how to charge your battery healthily.
    No matter what the situation, no matter who you are, Easy Battery Saver can always find a suitable solution for you.
    Just have a try, you’ll find it really a good assistant! It is free!

So there you have it guys. Not losing anything by giving it a go. If you check my stats as well in the battery thread in general you can see what kinda difference the app has done for me battery:) Not getting anything out of this just wanted to share my find for you guys to improve your battery. Hope it helps you guys
    Battery results using the app

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25824377&postcount=895

Follow the link above and you get to see the results i managed with the app. Pretty decent i say.:) And that was just on first cycle..Will keep you guys updated
    Looks good, is it a good idea to use it together with my juice defender ultimate? Or does it manage the radios as well?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

manages the radios as well;) basically it does what Juice defender does but it is more simpler and easier to use :) from what i have gathered
    will try and give a feedback after a couple of days
    This is my stats after 25percent battery has consumed. Using juice defender ultimate.

75e67583-2231-2179.jpg

75e67583-2249-fe55.jpg

And it includes 45min of tapatalk.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2