[Q] Installing CM11

Search This thread

Vitor_Hugo

Jul 8, 2012
Hello, I'm on stock ROM (Android 2.2.1) and I want install CM11, what are the steps I should do? I'm confused about TWRP :x

Last edited:

pikaetas

Jan 12, 2014
Hello, I'm on stock ROM (Android 2.2.1) and I want install CM11, what are the steps I should do? I'm confused about TWRP :x

HI, I think I can help a little bit.

First,you have to be ROOT. find how make it using search.

Second Install a RECOVERY,could be CWMR (clockworkmod recovery, old one) o TWRP (teamwinrecoveryproject, the new one). Both are more less the same.

Later, make a nandroid (backup of your phone, very important if youre thinking to flash ) and start follow the tutorials to install Custom Roms

Sorry if I forgot something, now Im trying to keep alive my defy and still remembering things from 3 years ago !!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: amortar

Absroid

Dec 27, 2011
Pyttis
1. Root with Framaroot (Framaroot-1.8.1.apk).

2. Install SndInit (SndInitDefy_2.3.apk).

3. Reboot to custom recovery and flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery (.zip).
"Description: Flash this in either CWM5+ or TWRP recovery to get updated to the latest TWRP capable of flashing Kitkat ROMs. This wipes your existing custom/stock ROM."

4. Reboot again and flash CM11 (.zip).

When changing ROM, use this bootmenu_safe wipe (.zip).
"Description: Credits to YetAnotherForumUser for the wipe script. Wipes /data /cache, /system. But it leaves bootmenu and recovery intact so that an errant reboot doesn't entail an sbf flash."

Vitor_Hugo

Jul 8, 2012
Thank you all, but Absroid's reply was the most complete and correct, everything went fine and I'm using CM11 now :D

But I have a new question: I don't know how I can set the CPU frenquency to 1100MHz, the maximum I can go (Using Settings > Performance > Processor > Maximum CPU frequency) is 1000MHz, I'm using Interactive governor

Another thing, what is the best Governor and I/O scheduler?

0007h

Mar 26, 2013
You can change your CPU setting in bootmenu... Most people would like to choose interative as their governer

Top Liked Posts