[Q] Best Kernal to use with stock OTA 4.4.2 (rooted duh)

Search This thread

hockeyhead019

Oct 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Hey guys, just curious what everybody thought that the best kernel is to use with the stock OTA update that I just S-OFF'd and rooted via supersu. Haven't flashed any ROMs yet since I'm really not messing with Sense right now and just using the google experience launcher, would rather not go through the trouble of backing up and having to flash a new ROM every update like I did with my GNex and AOKP. But I digress...

Anyways what I'm looking for is a kernel with double tap to wake and pretty bare bones in every other category, really don't need to go overclocking or anything like that and stability is key for me.

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Hey guys, just curious what everybody thought that the best kernel is to use with the stock OTA update that I just S-OFF'd and rooted via supersu. Haven't flashed any ROMs yet since I'm really not messing with Sense right now and just using the google experience launcher, would rather not go through the trouble of backing up and having to flash a new ROM every update like I did with my GNex and AOKP. But I digress...

Anyways what I'm looking for is a kernel with double tap to wake and pretty bare bones in every other category, really don't need to go overclocking or anything like that and stability is key for me.

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Honestly, I think the featured one I posted here, is as close to stock kitkat dna kernel as you will find, with wake features added and no clock or gpu changes.