how to root i9205 on UCNA2 firmware?

Search This thread

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
hi, i have a simple question, is it possible to root my device? i've never root my mega 6.3 since i bought it...... but i heard that the recent firmware have some problems in the possibility of rooting it.

there are a lots of guide but everyone say a different method. OK I AM A NOOB OF MODDING.

but is quite difficult to understand guides that are different in this way:
1) some indicates to just use an apk autorooting the device
2) some do require to change thekernel + manually install the superuser apk
3)not permanent root....
4) others......

so, please be patient......:angel: i only want to find a "normal" root method.......and IF POSSIBLE a root that could allow me to easily UNroot the device to be able to update my firmware OTA in the moment samsung will update our great device to kitkat

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
If you are a noob at modding don't even bother with rooting. Its dangerous and BTW I think your firmware has KNOX which the GMega doesn't have a workaround.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
hi, i have a simple question, is it possible to root my device? i've never root my mega 6.3 since i bought it...... but i heard that the recent firmware have some problems in the possibility of rooting it.

If you are brave enough you can try it using this tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574953
But read it thoroughly and if you do not understand one thing though - do not attempt to try.
Read forums and learn till you can understand what you are doing lest you have quite expensive paperweight... I am not responsible for what you do with your phone!

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
my previous phone was rooter, the optimus 3d and the ascend mate.

i don't need toor for extreme modding but just to install a custom recovery for a nandroid backup and for use SOME APP THAT REQUIRE root to work properly.
i never installed a recovery but i read everywhere that it is a lot usefull in case of some errors, to restore the previous backup made 1:1 (nandroid)

Last edited:

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Every modding attempt must start from root and (optionally) custom recovery. In fact - rooting itself is modding and quite heavy from system point of view. If you want to change ONE THING in system, you have to root your phone. Doing this you are tripping 'warranty flag' and from now on your warranty is void.
If you have firmware with KNOX and new bootloader - tripping this flag is irreversible. But as long as you do not attempt to flash older firmware (before KNOX) it does not affect the operation of the system. Trying to flash older firmware makes your phone softbrick because of tripping security mechanism in new bootloader.
If you already rooted your phone it is resonable to flash custom recovery and by this have wide possiblity making backups of your whole system (nandroid backup) or flashing custom ROMs

Last edited: