[Q] ATT 4.4.2 to Custom (Cyagenmod) 4.4.2 ROM update failed on SGH-I747

Search This thread

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
This is what i have done:
- Tried rooting the device using towelroot.
- Thought the phone is rooted (which it was not) and without verifying that tried installing cyanogen 4.4.2 on my existing unlocked SGH-I747 which was having already ATT 4.4.2 kitkat.
- Already wiped the cache and factory reset. During the installation of the custom ROM, it failled because of the assert statement which verifies the bootloader. (Reason i was having I747UCUFNE4)
- After that i tried bunch of random stuff (i.e try to downgrade the bootloader to MJB and other things which i can't recall now)
- And now my phone is still having att 4.4.2 with
- Unknown Baseband version
- Build number KOT49H.I747UCUFNE4
- It's locked and not able to detect the SIM
- Not able to enable wireless as well.

What should i do now to get my phone back to normal with custom ROM 4.4.2?

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
- Thought the phone is rooted (which it was not) and without verifying that tried installing cyanogen 4.4.2 on my existing unlocked SGH-I747 which was having already ATT 4.4.2 kitkat.
- Already wiped the cache and factory reset. During the installation of the custom ROM, it failled because of the assert statement which verifies the bootloader. (Reason i was having I747UCUFNE4)
- After that i tried bunch of random stuff (i.e try to downgrade the bootloader to MJB and other things which i can't recall now)

Basically, you have a different baseband than your NE4 bootloaders, which are really picky.

You'll have to download and flash the NE4 baseband and it should be back to normal.

Reactions: swapsmagic

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
Basically, you have a different baseband than your NE4 bootloaders, which are really picky.

You'll have to download and flash the NE4 baseband and it should be back to normal.

Thanks for the quick response.
Where can i get the NE4 bootloaders for my samsung galaxy s3? (Tried googling but coulnd't find)

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Thanks for the quick response.
Where can i get the NE4 bootloaders for my samsung galaxy s3? (Tried googling but coulnd't find)

How did you update to NE4 at the first place? OTA or Odin?

Cause you could just reflash it if it was through Odin.

That being said, you can go in the dev section to get the Odin flashable rom.

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
How did you update to NE4 at the first place? OTA or Odin?

Cause you could just reflash it if it was through Odin.

That being said, you can go in the dev section to get the Odin flashable rom.

Found the Flashable ROM here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53626873&postcount=4

- After installing it using adb sideload filename.zip, my wifi is back on.
- But the phone singal is still not coming.
- And the baseband version is still Unknown.

Any idea what next to try?

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Found the Flashable ROM here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53626873&postcount=4

- After installing it using adb sideload filename.zip, my wifi is back on.
- But the phone singal is still not coming.
- And the baseband version is still Unknown.

Any idea what next to try?

You might have to reinstall the entire ROM. I'm not so sure why it didn't work to simply flash the baseband but obviously something got messed up hard when you mixed both 4.3 and 4.4.

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
Didn't found the AT&T stock rooted version yet so tried Cyagenmod version cm-11 and it failed with the same error:
assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") == "I747...."

Any idea how to resolve this issue, i believe will be having the same issue with AT&T version as well.

Found the ATT I747 STOCK Rom for 4.4.2 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2788357

Installation is in progress. Will update the result once it's done.

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
Found the ATT I747 STOCK Rom for 4.4.2 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2788357

Installation is in progress. Will update the result once it's done.

Ok It worked like a charm. :good:

Thanks a lot for the help. Now just one last follow up question: If i want to install custom ROM on my phone instead of ATT, just flashing custom ROM is fine?
At least Cyagenmod 4.4.2 ROM is failling to install as i already mentioned and the reason is assert statement which verifies bootloader version and doesn't work for NE4.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Ok It worked like a charm. :good:

Thanks a lot for the help. Now just one last follow up question: If i want to install custom ROM on my phone instead of ATT, just flashing custom ROM is fine?
At least Cyagenmod 4.4.2 ROM is failling to install as i already mentioned and the reason is assert statement which verifies bootloader version and doesn't work for NE4.

If you wanna flash a custom ROM, just make sure it's for NE4 (it should say in the title and in the OP). You'll need to root and install a custom recovery first though.

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
If you wanna flash a custom ROM, just make sure it's for NE4 (it should say in the title and in the OP). You'll need to root and install a custom recovery first though.

Seems my mobile data is not working after the installation. Not sure what is wrong and how to fix it. Try searching the other threads but couldn't find anything. Any pointers?

swapsmagic

Jul 7, 2014
Does your baseband match your bootloaders?

Yes I747UCUFNE4.

Btw, it suddently start working once i went to Mobile APNs changed TMobile Bearer from Unspecified to LTE and back to Unspecified. Not sure if it again turned off or not. My current APN Setting is:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not set
Username: none
Password: **** (Not Set)
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Multimedia message proxy: Not set
Multimedia Message Port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator: None

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Yes I747UCUFNE4.

Btw, it suddently start working once i went to Mobile APNs changed TMobile Bearer from Unspecified to LTE and back to Unspecified. Not sure if it again turned off or not. My current APN Setting is:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not set
Username: none
Password: **** (Not Set)
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Multimedia message proxy: Not set
Multimedia Message Port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator: None

As long as your APN checks in and you data stays on, you should be good. I suspect you might have to do that on every reboot but could (hopefully) be wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What do you mean by STOCK here?

The AT&T version.