Upgrade V6 Supercharger to U9 RC4 (Say goodbye to lag!)

Search This thread
So can we post some numbers here so we can see what everyone is getting?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327768982705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327768982705.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 188

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011
So since V6 is already built into GV, do we still need to unsupercharge with the version that is already running? Wouldn't the new script just read the values as stock system not as being supercharged since its built in? (if that makes sense)

Does anyone know what version is built in?

So since V6 is already built into GV, do we still need to unsupercharge with the version that is already running? Wouldn't the new script just read the values as stock system not as being supercharged since its built in? (if that makes sense)

Does anyone know what version is built in?

The directions say to undo first. I followed directions this time. Under score this time.

jdt352

Jan 20, 2012
California
Widget?

The script refers to putting a widget on your screen to keep it handy. I don't see a widget available for the script itself. Does it mean to have a Script Manager icon handy instead?

elreydotcom

Aug 14, 2011
The script refers to putting a widget on your screen to keep it handy. I don't see a widget available for the script itself. Does it mean to have a Script Manager icon handy instead?

When you long press and select widget, you should see one for script manager, select that and you can pick the script to add to the home screen

Reactions: jdt352

Vishoka

Dec 29, 2011
Hey there, I followed your instructions to the t, but option 13 - bulletproofing doesn't seem to stick. Even after running the option immediately it still says Launcher is so weak. I tried it a whole bunch of times, and it still doesn't come out bullet-proofed. Any comments?

I have Zeus v5 with Turbocharger v2.5 already in place.

TheJayyWilliams

Feb 5, 2011
Beaumont, Tx
whats up guys.
i was being stupid and accidentally ran the engine flush script at boot, now when it boots, it "upgrades" from clearing the dalvik-cache, and reboots after about 10 seconds. any way to undo this? Thanks in advance!

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
lol I think you mean the superclean... wow... lol

So did you set script manager to launch it on boot?
Without restoring a nandroid or flashing the rom, delete /data/V6_SuperCharger/Detailing.sh via adb

denz1209

May 29, 2012
Help with V6

Hello sir. it doesn't seem to work on my Galaxy GT-I5510 upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.6.
I've done everything in the instruction yet got no luck.
It says
"illegal instruction" "busybox mount-0".. "not found" "not found" "not found".. blah blah blah.

i also tried the older versions of the V6 script but it says
"pgrep: not found
"pidof: not found
"/proc//oom_adj: no such file or directory
"clear: not found
etc......

What seems to be the problem sir? I really really need your help on this one.
Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit goes to bhp117 for initially pointing out the awesomeness of the newest version of V6 SuperCharger and to spc_hicks for going on this adventure with me last night and answering all my questions along the way. :cool:

For the sake of brevity, I'm not going to be immensely detailed--as I am often wont to do--but I will still try to make the instructions clear. Don't be afraid to do what seems logical even if I didn't explicitly say it here (e.g. I might leave out telling you to press "okay" :p). Here we go...

Before We Begin...
    • This guide is written for GINGERVOLT 1.3 and will guide you through removing the baked-in version, and then installing the latest version (Update 9 RC 4). Theoretically, this guide should work for anyone on any phone, but I'm not making that claim. :D
    • FULL NANDROID BACKUP! This procedure does have the risk of bootlooping your device, but I and others have done this without any issues, but I can't be held responsible...blabbity blah rabble etc etc...if you lose all your datas and throw your phone out the window, or any other unlikely but theoretically possible problem that might occur.
    • You'll need to download Script Manager from the Android Market. It's free.
    • Just to be safe, make sure you are using the latest SuperUser binaries and Busybox.
    • For the sake of making your life easy, if you have your screen timeout set to a low value, I suggest turning it up to 30s-1m so you're not constantly dealing with that.
    • As a general rule, ignore most errors you see while running this script, unless they seem to directly pertain to whatever command you just ran.

The Fun Begins...

1) Go here and download "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RC4.sh.pdf" (last attachment) to your phone. Generating the qrcode on your computer and then scanning it with a barcode scanner app is usually the easiest way to do this. Optionally, you can download the KickAssKernelizer and DieHard Battery Calibrator scripts, but only KAK will be explained in this guide.

2) Launch Script Manager. If first launch, click "browse as root" button and allow/remember when SU popup appears. Click OK.

3) Find the V6 SuperCharger PDF file (probably in /sdcard/download), and select it.

4) A popup window will appear. On this window, tick the "Fav" and "SU" buttons near the top (adding to favorites makes it easier to access later), then click "Run" in the top left. Do NOT run this **** at boot.

5) Text will start scrolling, you can scroll up at any time if you missed something. Script will do a bunch of tests to make sure you've got busybox and all that; your phone should pass fine. When asked to choose a scroll speed, choose "Fast" by entering 1 (or this will take forever).

6) IMPORTANT: Say YES to the next two questions. You want to create the local.prop and the init.rc or your tweaks won't stick around. When asked if your home is locked in memory, say "No" unless you know for a fact that it is. Now we can get to the fun stuff.

7) You should now see the "Driver's Console"--a list of options numbered 1-31--and below that, various information on what's going on with your phone vis-a-vis SuperCharger.

8) First things first, we need to remove GV's baked-in SuperCharger. Run Option 15. Let it finish, and then restart with Option 29.

9) After restart, open Script Manager and launch the V6 script again (if you added it to your favorites, once in Script Manager, click Menu Button > Favorites). If it asks you about local.prop and init.rc again, you say YES to both again.

10) At the Driver's Console, you will need to pick one of the options listed under 512 HP (5, 6, or 7). Choosing 5 will mean more apps can run in the background, but the performance benefits will not be as great. Choosing 7 will have the greatest performance benefits, but you may end up with a lot of apps being closed behind your back. If you're not sure which one you should pick, choose 6. This is the best option for most people.

11) When whichever option you choose above finishes, you will be asked if you want to "SuperClean and Restart." And yes, you most certainly do. This wipes your dalvik cache without needing to boot into CWR.

12) When restart finishes, relaunch the script. At Driver's Console, run the following options, in order (you don't need to restart between them): 13, 20, & 18. When 18 finishes, perform another SuperClean Restart (Option 30).

13) After reboot, you should notice a considerably faster startup time, and a much snappier launcher. Lets verify everything was intalled correctly by launching the script one more time.

14) When you get to Driver's Console, look at the area below the options, you should see the following messages (you'll see others too, but these are the important ones):
    • Launcher is BULLETPROOF! i.e. SUPERCHARGED!
    • OOM Grouping Fixes ARE in effect!
    • Current values MATCH Prior SuperCharge!
    • Nitro Lag Nullifier is Installed!

15) If all those messages are there, you should be good to go! Enjoy your blazingly fast phone. I'm getting ~3550 in AnTuTu now; hard to believe that a mere few weeks ago before Blitzkrieg was released I was only scoring 2600.

NOTE: In Step #12, running Option 18 ("Engine Flush") created a .sh script in the /data/ folder. This script clears out all the RAM being used and frees it up. Supposedly, this will eliminate the need to reboot simply because the phone has been in use for awhile and has started to "lag." You can run this manually in Script Manager, or set it up to run on a weekly/daily/whatever basis.

NOTE 2: In the next few days, I'll add more detailed instructions on how to automate the "Engine Flush" script, as well as writeup a section on how to install the KickAssKernelizer (KAK) tweak. To be honest, it's really simple and you can attempt it yourself if you want. Simply launch the script via Script Manager (as SU), and say yes to installing everything. Reboot, and then create a widget that you can use to launch the .sh file created in /data/ after every boot, or set it to run at boot in Script Manager. I'm not exactly sure if this provides a significant performance boost or not, but it appears to boost my SD IO speeds. If it happens to break your phone (which it shouldn't), you can boot into CWR and flash this zip to remove KAK.

NOTE 3: I'll also add some pictures to the guide, as well as clean it up a bit and make the formatting prettier when I've got the time. Next two weeks are pretty busy (and pretty formatting takes forever), so I wanted to get this posted so other people could take advantage of this. I just walked indyred and beamer through this exact process on IRC, and they're both running smoothly. If there's something that's not clear, feel free to post your question here and myself or someone else will help you out best we can, and I'll fix the guide to eliminate the ambiguity.

Good luck!
    Nice post
    I was going to update my original v6 supercharger thread later tonite but you beat me to it

I'll help you post a few pics

Set as fav and run as root for supercharger script should look like this before you run the file
    ScreenShot-12.png

Options
    ScreenShot-11.png

Select option 15 to unsupercharge if you're on gingervolt then reboot
    Select option 5-7

Its up to you and it'll just set launcher as die-hard

If you want bulleproof launcher you'll have to run option 13

Then you can try out option 17-20

This is how it should look if you use options 6'13'20 after a reboot to know if the settimgs sticks
    shot_000014.png

There's an option for you to uninstall KAK when you run KAK
    ScreenShot-13.png

BLITZ Bulletproof ledded AWD SuperCharged GV + Nitro ;p
    Im missing something here.. Im not Linux smart, but I downloaded terminal and typed SU, got the #, and then typed these commands but terminal kicks back "Not found". What am I doing wrong?

Also a write up on how to add script widgets would be cool for this :)

Thanks.

To add a widget just long press on the homescreen, select Script Manager then select the script you want the widget linked to.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    I'm up to RC5.2... some devices are too sensitive :p

When you long press and select widget, you should see one for script manager, select that and you can pick the script to add to the home screen