[Official] Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III Info/Pre-Order/Chat Thread

Search This thread

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
This thread is for all of us Verizon guys who are looking to buy the SGS3. So far the info that is out is that the Pre-order is starting on the 6th of June at 7am EDT, source can be found HERE. It will be $199 for the 16gb and $249 for the 32gb version. There should be the white verzion and the pebble blue version of it as well. So far these are the specs look to be the same as the international version of the SGS3 except that it has the S4 processor and 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Here is a LINK to some leaked pic's of the Verizon SGS3.

This thread is for just us Verizon guys to chat about who's buying one, comparing them to other Verizon or competitors phones, new's updates on the phone and much more. Also, this thread should help cut down on the random Verizon wireless threads in hopes that all info can be in this thread and not into many posts in the SGS3 section. That will help out other users when they are trying to find out info about this phone. They will not have to go to many different threads to find info about the phone. Hopefully soon we will have a dedicated section just for our version of this phone! Please keep this thread on topic :D

OK, so if you have a unlimited data plan you MUST pre-order prior to the 28th of June to keep it. Any pre-order or phone purchased after the 28th will be put on a shared family plan if you have multiple lines. There is about 500+ posts within this thread about it. So please read this and let's move on from this topic please. It's been beaten to death already. Also, enough with the "I talked to a rep here" or "I chatted with a rep" about the same issue. Customer reps in general are clueless to many things

- It will ship between the 9th-11th probably depending on when you preordered.

- If you preorder it prior to the 28th you will keep your unlimited data plan. Anything after that, you will have to pay full price for your phone if you want to retain your unlimited plan.

- If you are an existing customer, you can choose to keep your current plan or upgrade to the family shared plans. Depending on your needs.

- July 10th, the SGS3 will be available in store. 16gb only: Droid-life.com
- New customers and anyone adding a line only plan option will be the Shared plan if you have a family account.

- Here is a copy of VZW Shared plans that were leaked: Box.com
- If it ship's early, that would be great.

- Here is an great article explaining the benefits of why having the S4 and 2gb of ram is better in some ways than a quad-core and 1gb of ram: Tmonews.com

- Pre-Order your SGS3 from VZW's website now!!!: VZW Pre-Order Page

- Best Buy is already taking Pre-orders. Just walk in and preorder it and you should be set. They have a 14 day return, 30 day exchange policy on the phone: Phandroid.com

- Rumor has it that it will ship on the 6th or the 9th of July. Here is an article about it: Smartkeitai.com

- Supposed to come out with a software update to allow global roaming support: PhoneArena.com

- If you are wondering about the camera quality, check out this thread: Camera Pics from the International S3 taken by users

- For those who are worried about losing your unlimited data plan when upgrading to the SGS3 check this article out: Starkinsider.com

- Apple is trying to block the SGS3 just like they did the HTC One Series: Wirelessandmobilenews.com

- Samsung claims that Apple's request to stop the phone will not hinder the launch of it in North America: Huffingtonpost.com

- Apparently VZW SGS3 will not have the 50gb Dropbox account like everyone else will: Droid-life.com and Dropbox.com

- Court has ruled that the SGS3 will not be blocked by Apple and will resume it sales: Droid-Life.com

- Costco Is Pre-Ordering it as well. See this post for links: XDA Post

- Here is a video review of the SGS3 LTE Version:

Last edited:

socalwrx

Jun 11, 2010
All signs are pointing to a June 21 release. Has anyone pre-ordered a phone from verizon? this is the first phone that Ive pre-ordered. How does it work? Do they ship the phone the day of release or can you pick it up in store? thanks

thekendog

Jul 25, 2011
I'm hoping Best Buy gets this right out of the gate. I've got a 50 dollar credit with them. The guy at the store told me today that they hadn't heard anything yet. So stoked for this. Now lets just hope I can keep unlimited data!

cthorson910

Jun 26, 2011
Modesto
Gonna pre order as soon as I can. Praying I can keep my unlimited data because 4G coverage is faster than my wifi. My Inc2 has been a good phone but it's time for a change!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
All signs are pointing to a June 21 release. Has anyone pre-ordered a phone from verizon? this is the first phone that Ive pre-ordered. How does it work? Do they ship the phone the day of release or can you pick it up in store? thanks

i called today because I just came eligible for an upgrade, he said you simply call and request one but they don't actually process and bill your account until they ship them out. I didn't ask about picking up in store, he said they ship them out as if that's the only way it works.

Gonna pre order as soon as I can. Praying I can keep my unlimited data because 4G coverage is faster than my wifi. My Inc2 has been a good phone but it's time for a change!

and yes, anyone with 3G or 4G unlimited grandfathered data can keep it still

however with one caveat...he said if you preorder it 6-6-12 and by some rare chance they update their upgrade/data policy as has been rumored to be happening this summer, and it happens before the phones ship on 6-21 (my words not his, he didn't confirm ship date), then you are subject to the new terms.....at the time they bill and ship it.....not at the time you pre-ordered it

talk about the most diabolical thing they could do, get all the left over unlimited 4G data users in the queue and then flip the switch on the shared data a few days before the 21st......oh boy would that not go well....

Last edited:
Reactions: vinnyjr

accordex

Mar 1, 2009
Kent
Called target today to ask if they get phones same day as retail stores . Guy said it depends, so I asked about gs3, waiting for him to skate around it but he said let me check the sheet and said they will have it ...took my name and # and said he'd have the manager call me Wednesday to pre order.

This is T-Mobile BTW....Anyone seen anything about T-Mobile price? I hope its 199...I have a $100 gift card there at target.

Different target stores do different providers..but looks like they'll have stock and usually have better prices.
Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Last edited:

cthorson910

Jun 26, 2011
Modesto
i called today because I just came eligible for an upgrade, he said you simply call and request one but they don't actually process and bill your account until they ship them out. I didn't ask about picking up in store, he said they ship them out as if that's the only way it works.

and yes, anyone with 3G or 4G unlimited grandfathered data can keep it still

however with one caveat...he said if you preorder it 6-6-12 and by some rare chance they update their upgrade/data policy as has been rumored to be happening this summer, and it happens before the phones ship on 6-21 (my words not his, he didn't confirm ship date), then you are subject to the new terms.....at the time they bill and ship it.....not at the time you pre-ordered it

talk about the most diabolical thing they could do, get all the left over unlimited 4G data users in the queue and then flip the switch on the shared data a few days before the 21st......oh boy would that not go well....

Everyone cross your fingers they don't pull a fast one and change their data plan before it comes out and screw those who pre order!

Reactions: vinnyjr

gbmitchell

Jun 18, 2006
Alabama
blake.pm
Droid-Life.com has an article up saying they confirmed with Vzw PR that if you preorder the device you will get to keep your unlimited plan regardless of release date.

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
Droid-Life.com has an article up saying they confirmed with Vzw PR that if you preorder the device you will get to keep your unlimited plan regardless of release date.

please link because that is exactly the opposite of what I was told. and from my experience, you agree to the terms on the day you make the transaction, which is essentially your acceptance of the new contract terms.....you aren't bound by any terms on a simple request for a pre-order. I'm not claiming to know, but I can tell you from experience, they are very very adamant about that. The moment you sign a receipt or accept a device, etc...is the very mechanism they use to document your new contract terms. I know from experience. It doesn't matter what they said, all that matters is what it was the moment you hit the button to accept.

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010

Juicy92

Jun 4, 2012
Cleveland
Damn this whole ordeal is stressing me out. Maybe I can sign on early if I go preorder in store... Seemingly not though because Verizon seems to tell their reps to pretend to know nothing of what is going on. Whether that is true or not, I am not sure..

Byonik

Feb 25, 2010
Northern VA
So, if there is actually a risk of losing unlimited data going the preorder route, here is a thought: Get an iPhone 4S on contract ASAP; keep your $30 unlimited plan; promptly sell the unused iPhone; bank the $350 profit from the sale of the iPhone; use the $350 to offset the cost of a GS3 off contract - maybe even get the RAZR HD later on if that's your preference. It's basically a wash - maybe a little extra work, but worth it if it means another 2 or 3 years of unlimited data. That's all we really need - hopefully by then, the other carriers will have respectable LTE networks.

Last edited:

j0hnnyth3f0x

Apr 2, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Being on Sprint, I can say that the hope for lte is rather small...they're looking at probably mid-2013 at the earliest for the majority of the country. Granted that's mostly speculation, but pretty dismal none the less. My contract is up in August but I'm hoping to jump ship to VZW in July...just really bummed the unlimited data isn't offered anymore.

EDIT: just noticed the 2-3 year time frame you stated. If Sprint can keep the unlimited data after the upgrade, they stand to be the top provider with lte speeds and unlimited data. I guess time will only tell huh?

Sent from my wickedly sensational e4gt

Last edited:

Byonik

Feb 25, 2010
Northern VA
Just preorder it and if they change the plans and say that you can't stay where you are at, cancel your preorder.

True - but it sure would suck to loose the subsidy because I waited too long. I've been sitting on an upgrade since November. Hopefully, VZW will provide some warning. As I recall, they gave a pretty reasonable warning period last summer when they started the tiered plans.

No use speculating. Whatever happens, happens. Truthfully, I have grown so dependent on my phone over the last few years, I'm at a point where shelling out $550 for a new device just doesn't seem nearly as crazy as it used to.

tsymyn

Aug 10, 2010
North Louisiana
Being on Sprint, I can say that the hope for lte is rather small...they're looking at probably mid-2013 at the earliest for the majority of the country. Granted that's mostly speculation, but pretty dismal none the less. My contract is up in August but I'm hoping to jump ship to VZW in July...just really bummed the unlimited data isn't offered anymore.

EDIT: just noticed the 2-3 year time frame you stated. If Sprint can keep the unlimited data after the upgrade, they stand to be the top provider with lte speeds and unlimited data. I guess time will only tell huh?

My wife and I ditched Sprint when the GNex came out. I looked back at what I paid to "upgrade" after to years to the Instinct and then to the EVO 4G after another 2 years, and it was cheaper to get two new phones from Verizon and pay ETF to Sprint than to "upgrade" with them. All that and our town of 150,000 didn't get 3G with them until 2010, and it would slow down to unusable at all times other than the middle of the night. Verizon just rolled out LTE here over the weekend. I miss unlimited data, and Sprint is cheaper than the other contract carriers, but since data never really worked here, it was worth it for us to jump ship.

gbmitchell

Jun 18, 2006
Alabama
blake.pm
Here's what I have decided. I am going to preorder one on each of my lines. Verizon said they would give plenty of warning for when they will change the tiers. Make the preorder and I have it. If they do it I am out. I don't think they will if they are really shooting for the same June release as everyone else. It just is not that much time. If everything goes well and I get the devices, I will sell one on ebay the day I get it, give my wife one of my backup phones to get her on 4g and wait for the next iPhone to give her later this year.

j0hnnyth3f0x

Apr 2, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
My wife and I ditched Sprint when the GNex came out. I looked back at what I paid to "upgrade" after to years to the Instinct and then to the EVO 4G after another 2 years, and it was cheaper to get two new phones from Verizon and pay ETF to Sprint than to "upgrade" with them. All that and our town of 150,000 didn't get 3G with them until 2010, and it would slow down to unusable at all times other than the middle of the night. Verizon just rolled out LTE here over the weekend. I miss unlimited data, and Sprint is cheaper than the other contract carriers, but since data never really worked here, it was worth it for us to jump ship.

Yeah, I figure Sprint can do unlimited data cause their speeds are so slow and Wimax is so spotty that they're not really providing that much data to users...a VZW rep told me about their buy back program and I plan on switching lines with my wife and using her evo design to cover what's left of my etf so I can actually have good data speed, even if I'm limited to 4GB usage. I figure that's better than having a 4G device that can't be fully used y'know?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might I suggest a few FAQs to be added to the OP? Some of the repetition is getting frustrating:

1. I ordered on 6/6, literally 3 microseconds after the link went live, how come mine hasn't shipped yet?
    Verizon processes orders according to their own internal schedule. Some things have to do with physical stock, destination, and the current phase of the moon. Unfortunately, only the phase of the moon is public information, so all we can do at this point is wait.

2. FedEx sucks! They told me 2nd day delivery, but it won't be here until X!
    FedEx 2-day delivery is based on business days (M-F 8-5). If your phone was "shipped" (which means, Verizon's automated system hooked into FedEx's automated system and said "I have a package, give me a tracking number"), that part doesn't matter. What DOES matter is when it gets in the hands of FedEx themselves. If Verizon pulls a tracking number at 4:59pm on Tuesday, you will get your phone on Friday. If, like this week (4th of July), there is a holiday during the shipping period, that will extend it a day. Standard 2-day shipping does not deliver on Saturdays, so (yes, even though it "says 2 day shipping OMFG!") no, you won't get it until Monday.

3. Verizon told me 1-day shipping when I ordered, but when it shipped it says 2-day! WTF, can I fix this?
    Verizon's standard shipping for new orders is FedEx 2-day. Occasionally, you'll get 1-day shipping, but the circumstances for this are speculative at best. Some people do, some people don't. If you were told 1-day by a phone CSR, you have to remember to consider the source. 99% of them don't know what they're talking about 75% of the time and just want you off the phone. If you were told 1-day and it ships 2-day, you're generally out of luck, as Verizon can't do anything with the order once it has left their hands. FedEx will also not assist you, since Verizon paid for the shipping, not you.

4. My Pre-order won't get her 'till the 11th, that's a day after it will be available in stores! WTF?
    Preorders, in this instance, served 2 purposes: 1. Allow customers to guarantee stock, which will probably run out in-store very quickly. 2. Allow unlimited data customers to keep their unlimited data AND still be able to use their subsidy on the newest top-tier phone. If you're an unlimited customer and you're *****ing about the delivery date, then you seriously need a steaming cup of STFU. If you're not, you still need at least a regular cup of STFU. You can take your chances with trying to pick one up at a storefront, or you can just wait one f-ing day and be guaranteed. Much like order processing and shipping, Verizon's methods for choosing this stuff is not public information.

5. I put my new SIM in my phone and it won't activate! I had to call customer service and it took 3 hours! WTF?
    Nearly every case of this so far is simply not following the instructions shipped with the phone. There is a process, it's in the book that shipped with your phone. Follow it, and 99% of the time you won't have an issue.

6. Customer service told me my phone won't activate because it's not supposed to be available 'till 7/9! WTF?
    This is a classic case of CSR misinformation. Remember, 99% of them don't know what they're talking about 75% of the time. If a rep can't help you, hang up and try again.

7. My shipping info hasn't changed in 6 whole minutes! How come FedEx won't give me a GPS tracker for my package?
    FedEx works on a hub-and-spoke topology, and processes packages during specific times of day depending on the types of packages and volume at the sorting centers (hubs). If your package is sitting in bum-**** Iowa for 6 hours, it's ok. It's a part of the process. If you don't get your package within the allocated timeframe (remember holidays, weekends, and time of day!), then you can ***** about it. But constantly F5ing the shipping page will just slowly drive you insane.

Just some thoughts to keep the normal flow of the thread and not **** things up with the same questions over and over and over.

Of course, I know the way this place works, so putting it in the OP just means we'll get more exchanges like so:

A: WTF? <one of the 7 questions above>
    B: This is covered in the OP!

Just trying to do what I can to help.
    Here is a quick (and horrible) unboxing video I just tossed up on Youtube. 32GB Blue. Phone looks, and feels amazing. Can not believe how light it is. Currently charging the battery to full before I power on that bad boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BryoOlaWQaU
    Verizon really has upset a lot of people with this.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

by being the only carrier to ship orders prior to the original "ship by" date? I can see how people would be very upset by this. My ship by date has been 7/9 since the day i ordered it, and it shipped on the 5th. I'm furious!:silly:
    This thread is for all of us Verizon guys who are looking to buy the SGS3. So far the info that is out is that the Pre-order is starting on the 6th of June at 7am EDT, source can be found HERE. It will be $199 for the 16gb and $249 for the 32gb version. There should be the white verzion and the pebble blue version of it as well. So far these are the specs look to be the same as the international version of the SGS3 except that it has the S4 processor and 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Here is a LINK to some leaked pic's of the Verizon SGS3.

This thread is for just us Verizon guys to chat about who's buying one, comparing them to other Verizon or competitors phones, new's updates on the phone and much more. Also, this thread should help cut down on the random Verizon wireless threads in hopes that all info can be in this thread and not into many posts in the SGS3 section. That will help out other users when they are trying to find out info about this phone. They will not have to go to many different threads to find info about the phone. Hopefully soon we will have a dedicated section just for our version of this phone! Please keep this thread on topic :D

OK, so if you have a unlimited data plan you MUST pre-order prior to the 28th of June to keep it. Any pre-order or phone purchased after the 28th will be put on a shared family plan if you have multiple lines. There is about 500+ posts within this thread about it. So please read this and let's move on from this topic please. It's been beaten to death already. Also, enough with the "I talked to a rep here" or "I chatted with a rep" about the same issue. Customer reps in general are clueless to many things

- It will ship between the 9th-11th probably depending on when you preordered.

- If you preorder it prior to the 28th you will keep your unlimited data plan. Anything after that, you will have to pay full price for your phone if you want to retain your unlimited plan.

- If you are an existing customer, you can choose to keep your current plan or upgrade to the family shared plans. Depending on your needs.

- July 10th, the SGS3 will be available in store. 16gb only: Droid-life.com
    - New customers and anyone adding a line only plan option will be the Shared plan if you have a family account.

- Here is a copy of VZW Shared plans that were leaked: Box.com
    - If it ship's early, that would be great.

- Here is an great article explaining the benefits of why having the S4 and 2gb of ram is better in some ways than a quad-core and 1gb of ram: Tmonews.com

- Pre-Order your SGS3 from VZW's website now!!!: VZW Pre-Order Page

- Best Buy is already taking Pre-orders. Just walk in and preorder it and you should be set. They have a 14 day return, 30 day exchange policy on the phone: Phandroid.com

- Rumor has it that it will ship on the 6th or the 9th of July. Here is an article about it: Smartkeitai.com

- Supposed to come out with a software update to allow global roaming support: PhoneArena.com

- If you are wondering about the camera quality, check out this thread: Camera Pics from the International S3 taken by users

- For those who are worried about losing your unlimited data plan when upgrading to the SGS3 check this article out: Starkinsider.com

- Apple is trying to block the SGS3 just like they did the HTC One Series: Wirelessandmobilenews.com

- Samsung claims that Apple's request to stop the phone will not hinder the launch of it in North America: Huffingtonpost.com

- Apparently VZW SGS3 will not have the 50gb Dropbox account like everyone else will: Droid-life.com and Dropbox.com

- Court has ruled that the SGS3 will not be blocked by Apple and will resume it sales: Droid-Life.com

- Costco Is Pre-Ordering it as well. See this post for links: XDA Post

- Here is a video review of the SGS3 LTE Version:

So I have 2 questions for you guys here

1. How likely do you think it is for apple to screw over our launch seeing how they made quick work of the galaxy tab 10.1 and the galaxy nexus

2. if number 1 does not happen when do you think we will start getting our confirmation emails that tells us that our phone has been shipped?

1. No chance. It takes too long and the phone is coming out next week. Maybe they can do something about it later on (like your example... both older devices), but by then we'll all have it already.

2. 9th, assuming that's the date you were given. Occasionally, pre-orders go out before the official release, but it's not something to bank on. Maybe 1 or 2 people in this thread get theirs early.

Now, if you were given the 11th date, that was just a stock issue, so it would not be unheard of for you to get yours earlier than the 11th. But you won't get it before the 9th

P.S. Thanks for the on-topic discussion. I've read about enough as I can handle of "You young whippersnappers text too much. Get off my lawn" and other pointless crap.