[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9 for Huawei MSM7225 Devices [27072013 Final U8160/80]

Do you prefer Graphic Quality or Performance? Also, do you want a Slim/Speed version?

• Graphic Quality

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Performance

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Slim Version

Votes: 35 23.6%
  • Speed Version

Votes: 86 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads

Google Apps alias GAPPS:

Old Versions

Installation

- First time flashing CM9 to your Device (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Root Your Device and install ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
  2. Reboot into recovery using Volume-Up + Power
  3. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Optional)
  4. WIPE ALL (wipe data/factory reset + format /system + format /sd-ext)
  5. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
  6. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
  7. Optionally install Google Apps

- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?

1. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Optional)
  2. WIPE ALL (wipe data/factory reset + format /system + format /sd-ext)
  3. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
  4. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
  5. Optionally install Google Apps

- Upgrading from another CM9 Build? (Wipe Required if upgrading from older release than 23072013)

2. Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
  4. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)

Note: Is always Recommended to do WIPE, or you can have problems (not always).

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only at the u81xxcm91 bug tracker. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat (adb logcat -d > logcat.txt) right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Model:
ROM version:
ROM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup or other backup app:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):

Attach a Logcat of the issue in plain text.

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Failure to fill out the above template or attach a log will result in this
issue being closed immediately

Changelog

Changelog is available here

Recoveries (tested and working for all devices, U8160_80 are my builds)
For RZ Recovery Features see here

Source (to be completed)

People who made this possible:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads

Latest Version: In Upload
Google Apps: In Upload

Installation

- First time flashing CM9 to your Huawei U81xx Device (or coming from another ROM)?

3. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Opional)
  6. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)

- Upgrading from another CM9 Build?

2. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
  3. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
  4. Optionally install Google Apps

Alberto96's Mods
  • JB Style (till full working CM10 build is out)
  • Tweaked to the max
  • LDPI Resized
  • OTA Updater Included
  • Naked Browser Included (for smooth web browsing)
  • No-Frills CPU Control Included
  • Notes and StopWatch Included (essentials app that in CM9 are not included)
  • Modded QuickPic instead of Froyo Limited Gallery
  • Slimmed

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only at the u81xxcm91 bug tracker. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Model:
ROM version:
ROM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:

Changelog

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Haha nice, was waiting for this....

Waiting for download...

Enea307

Oct 25, 2011
Nice Job

Very smooth, better than other cm9.1 roms. (usb mass storage isnt working :( )

psyke83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Alberto,

I appreciate you putting me in the credits, but your first post is still misleading, as it suggests that you have built this ROM from source. In fact, you are not building from source - it is a binary modification of my most recent CM9 build (which I really have built from source).

Another (small, but annoying) thing you have done is changed the authorship of scripts that are clearly not your own. For example, your "02HuaweiProps" script says "by Alberto96", but in fact it is an unmodified version of my "02setuphardware" script, which you can see here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ngerbread/prebuilt/etc/init.d/02setuphardware. It is generally not good behaviour to try and pass off other people's work as your own.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Yes is true, i changed it (script) as before i mod it adding some changes (for u8180 touch and differences in camera), but i changed them differently and i leave my credits in scripts. Sorry, i will fix it in next version. I will add also this alert in first post. Thanks for the alert

UPDATE: Fixed for Future Release

Last edited:

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
U8120/10/00 Version almost ready, only need testing on bluetooth and is ok :) All is new now, audio module, graphic initializer,.... all! Works smooth and without problems. Link will appear on thread when rom test is succesfully. U8150 rom needs still to be tested.

Last edited:
Reactions: drdecky

drdecky

May 1, 2011
Belgrade
U8120/10/00 Version almost ready, only need testing on bluetooth and is ok :) All is new now, audio module, graphic initializer,.... all! Works smooth and without problems. Link will appear on thread when rom test is succesfully. U8150 rom needs still to be tested.

general impressions are good for U8110

- sound is a little weaker but can survive
- wifi, bluetooth, camera works

the biggest problem is the calibration screen,the corners and the top and bottom of the screen is very difficult

thanks for your hard work for us

Reactions: Alberto96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     */

Downloads

Google Apps alias GAPPS:

Old Versions

Installation

- First time flashing CM9 to your Device (or coming from another ROM)?

3. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Optional)

- Upgrading from another CM9 Build? (Wipe Required if upgrading from older release than 23072013)

2. Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache

Reporting Bugs

• Grab a logcat (adb logcat -d > logcat.txt) right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)

Code:
    What is your--
    Model:
    ROM version:
    ROM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:

Changelog

Recoveries (tested and working for all devices, U8160_80 are my builds)
    For RZ Recovery Features see here

Source (to be completed)

People who made this possible:

Alberto,

I appreciate you putting me in the credits, but your first post is still misleading, as it suggests that you have built this ROM from source. In fact, you are not building from source - it is a binary modification of my most recent CM9 build (which I really have built from source).

Another (small, but annoying) thing you have done is changed the authorship of scripts that are clearly not your own. For example, your "02HuaweiProps" script says "by Alberto96", but in fact it is an unmodified version of my "02setuphardware" script, which you can see here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ngerbread/prebuilt/etc/init.d/02setuphardware. It is generally not good behaviour to try and pass off other people's work as your own.
    New ICSBread is UP for U8150, U8160/80, U8120/10/00. U8350 and U8500 Also Released :)

Download in thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38346043

Enjoy!
    U8160/80 ROM is UP :) Light, very light gapps WIP
    No app updates wont damage anything ;)

Im not sure about new rom updates, I dont have so much time and sources for this devices are outdated and buggy. Maybe I will leave msm7225 developing :( Or just update GingerBean ROM since only CM7 Sources are Complete and without bugs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4