Please help with translations

Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Hello guys,

I need your help with translations for the my new app. Will be great to have Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese translations.

About the app: it's very simple "talking watch" app, operated by the voice command. For example, you are jogging in the frosty morning, the phone is in your pocket, and you are listening music on headset. So, if you wanna know what time is it, just press a headset button and ask "What time is it", thats all...

The link to the translations spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/Dk9agG

(update): I forgot to enable spreadsheet editing, sorry. Now it fixed :)

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know (and actually using) Microsoft Multilingual App Toolkit plugin to Visual Studio but the quality of the machine translation by Bing... hmm... tried for Russian language, results are... very strange :laugh:

P.P.S. I can add translators as a beta-testers - just PM me your LiveID email. The app will be available (for beta-testers) at http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=db62a73b-ea2e-40cd-9be8-e32d6582a327

[UPDATE] Guys, I don't have plans to localize app for the languages differ than above: there is no reason for that. The purpose of the app is simple: you asking your handset about time on your own native language, and phone tell you what time is it now. If your language has no support of TTS/STT (text-to-speech & speech-to-text i.e. voice commands), there is no reason to localize UI (theoretically, I can build this app UI-less).

[UPDATE 2] C'mon, guys; I saw a lot of people from France, Italia, Spain on xda... It will take just a 5 minutes, not longer - I promise! Please, help!

Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Hello guys,

I need your help with translations for the my new app. Will be great to have German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese and Japanese translations.

About the app: it's very simple "talking watch" app, operated by the voice command. For example, you are jogging in the frosty morning, the phone is in your pocket, and you are listening music on headset. So, if you wanna know what time is it, just press a headset button and ask "What time is it", thats all...

The link to the translations spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/9xphVr

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know (and actually using) Microsoft Multilingual App Toolkit plugin to Visual Studio but the quality of the machine translation by Bing... hmm... tried for Russian language, results are... very strange :laugh:

P.P.S. I can add translators as a beta-testers - just PM me your LiveID email.

I can help you with Persian (Farsi) translation . I will send you my Live ID if you want.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
ngame, I'm really appreciate your help but AFAIK there is no Farsi TTS/STT services for WP8 (I'm using built-in functionality only). BTW, if you want to test it on English/Russian, you may join beta-testing, just PM me your liveid (I'll add you as a beta-tester).

Reactions: ngame

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
ngame, I'm really appreciate your help but AFAIK there is no Farsi TTS/STT services for WP8 (I'm using built-in functionality only). BTW, if you want to test it on English/Russian, you may join beta-testing, just PM me your liveid (I'll add you as a beta-tester).

I thought you have files for each language to say the time .
Yes WP TTS System can't read Persian .
You can add Unsupported Languages by downloading a Package file .
For example if some one wants to add unsupported language first download a pack of files to read the clock in that language but they have to use English Speech ! a little mistake .

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Thanks everybody for translation, I'll publish updated version this evening (EST).

pdaimatejam, do you have Turkish language for the speech services installed? AFAIK, there is no Turkish STT/TTS support in the phone. What kind of language you are using for the speech (voice commands etc)? And I need your LiveID email, to add you as a beta-tester.

pdaimatejam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sinop/Boyabat
www.ctrlpda.com
Thanks everybody for translation, I'll publish updated version this evening (EST).

pdaimatejam, do you have Turkish language for the speech services installed? AFAIK, there is no Turkish STT/TTS support in the phone. What kind of language you are using for the speech (voice commands etc)? And I need your LiveID email, to add you as a beta-tester.

pdaimatejam@hotmail.com
speech english use set up stt/tts okay

Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
I've submitted app to the beta store, it will be available for all beta-tester very soon by link (open on your phone) http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=db62a73b-ea2e-40cd-9be8-e32d6582a327

Please, note: "Auto exit" and "Turn screen off" settings works if app running from the voice command ONLY (otherwise you can't adjust the settings :) ).

To all translators: I've added one more sentense (simple app description for the store), could you please add translation? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: pdaimatejam

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate! Will add you as a beta-tester soon (need to complete Chinese translation first).
Could you please tell me, how to split 现在几点 (What time is it) sentense to the 2 parts? It's because of MS voice commands API limitation, I need to define prefix (for English, it's "what time" and command ("is it"). Could you do the same with Chinese hieroglyphs? By the way, how voice commands works on Chinese and other ideographic languages?

And (just to prove), "current time" on Chinese is "当前时间", right?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2009
YunNan
"what time" is “几点” and "is it" can be considered as "现在", and i think the chinese voice commands works fine on wp8, it is better than google now.
for Q2, yes "current time" is 当前时间

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Great, thanks a lot sir! Will add your translation and LiveID for beta-testing this night (Eastern time, US).

Beta version will be available very soon after publishing; use link in the first post on your phone.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I did Finnish translation for you. I use English system, so I cant remeber if there is some standard way of saying “rate and review" for example, however the language is correct and Im sure its fine like that.

You can add me to the beta also, I will check it out if I have time; joros at outlook dot com.

Good Luck!

Aug 12, 2009
YunNan
i have tested the app, some translations are not exact, so i have changed some in google doc.
de plus, it works well,i love the idea.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
OK, guys, app with most recent changes submitted to the store and will be available very soon. Just a reminder: to install app, you should open this link http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=db62a73b-ea2e-40cd-9be8-e32d6582a327 or (short version) http://bit.ly/1inLeyX from your phone.

I'm going to publish the app for the general public tomorrow; please report if you have a critical issues/corrections/suggestions only (other translations and corrections will be added to the new version).

Than app will be published, I'll open an app topic at "Windows Phone 8 Apps and Games" forum but will keep this beta published ('cause "Turn screen off" option will be paid), so translators/beta-testers will have a "commercial" version of the app.

Thanks everybody for the great work!

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
It's outrageously and rediculous: I just found (I'm committing the app right now to the Store) - some stupid idiot deleted some translation from the public document :) But this dumbhead has no idea that Google docs has a revision history :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

I need your help with translations for the my new app. Will be great to have Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese translations.

The link to the translations spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/Dk9agG

(update): I forgot to enable spreadsheet editing, sorry. Now it fixed :)

Thanks a lot!

P.P.S. I can add translators as a beta-testers - just PM me your LiveID email. The app will be available (for beta-testers) at http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=db62a73b-ea2e-40cd-9be8-e32d6582a327

[UPDATE] Guys, I don't have plans to localize app for the languages differ than above: there is no reason for that. The purpose of the app is simple: you asking your handset about time on your own native language, and phone tell you what time is it now. If your language has no support of TTS/STT (text-to-speech & speech-to-text i.e. voice commands), there is no reason to localize UI (theoretically, I can build this app UI-less).

[UPDATE 2] C'mon, guys; I saw a lot of people from France, Italia, Spain on xda... It will take just a 5 minutes, not longer - I promise! Please, help!
    I've submitted app to the beta store, it will be available for all beta-tester very soon by link (open on your phone) http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=db62a73b-ea2e-40cd-9be8-e32d6582a327

Please, note: "Auto exit" and "Turn screen off" settings works if app running from the voice command ONLY (otherwise you can't adjust the settings :) ).

To all translators: I've added one more sentense (simple app description for the store), could you please add translation? Thanks!
    It's outrageously and rediculous: I just found (I'm committing the app right now to the Store) - some stupid idiot deleted some translation from the public document :) But this dumbhead has no idea that Google docs has a revision history :)

nice app , Looks real good :good:

(found it instore 1.29 euro)