[Q] bricked vs98024a

Search This thread

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
OK here's the deal, IOroot25 method, rooted flawlessly. Made an attempt to install openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vs980 via flashify which forced phone into reboot. now stuck in lg boot with secure boot error with a boot certification verify, followed by auto-mount of device showing contents of multiple drivers within the vs980 I can access download mode but not recovery. Unfortunately while in download mode ubuntu 14.04 doesnt recognize device through adb or fastboot. verified both adb and fastboot are operational with my nexus7 device. I also checked android51 rules for allowance of vs980. I have read through xda dev threads for 3 days (night and day) trying to figure this thing out without any luck. I would really like some assistance here you guys.... lol anything would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
You might need to get a Windows machine and use the lg flash tool to flash the kdz file.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
You might need to get a Windows machine and use the lg flash tool to flash the kdz file.

Fixed, used flash tool through wine flashed KDZ file. Ubuntu Wine is slightly buggy, but can be done!

Last edited:

HellaBester

Feb 7, 2014
Fixed, used flash tool through wine flashed KDZ file. Ubuntu Wine is slightly buggy, but can be done!

Wait wait, so where did you end up?
I'm in the same boat. I can use my phone just fine but can't get into recovery. Did you manage to get a custom rom installed?

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
Wait wait, so where did you end up?
I'm in the same boat. I can use my phone just fine but can't get into recovery. Did you manage to get a custom rom installed?

Back stock rooted 24a. Wonna put that Carbon ROM in but gonna set up emulator for debugging if I can get one to work. Or might wait until someone figures out how to unlock bootloader.

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
Looks like the Freedom tool is the way to go on 24a. But until bootloader is fully unlocked, we will continue to have stability issues. Every ROM is working off of the Loki patch. Now I'm not nockin loki it's a good work around, but for stability issues I'm gonna stay rooted stock debloated. This G2 xposed module is decent, and fairly stable for good customization http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549923

Top Liked Posts