Replacement battery with bigger capasity

Search This thread

junkyde

May 26, 2011
if it has the same dimensions as the original battery, don't even try it ;)

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I just purchased this battery for the fun of it, it's cheap, and my i9192 oem battery does not last long.

after some testing, the size although quoted 2850mAh, it's same as the oem one.

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Thanks man. I thought the same. Its not possible to put more of the same material in the same space:victory:

Just to let you know, a good quality battery always state a serial number and the size of the battery under the sticker, after removing the label, nothing is on the battery, so it's something they are trying to hide.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Anyone tried it?
Waiting for the feedback.

I was thinking to try this one.
http://dx.com/p/replacement-2800mah...for-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-i9190-black-223296

Please buy one and let us know.

Kopaxi

Jan 27, 2013
Just to let you know, a good quality battery always state a serial number and the size of the battery under the sticker, after removing the label, nothing is on the battery, so it's something they are trying to hide.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Hey Guys, i bought one of the battery signed i9192 and 2800mAh. The battery drain was the same like the original Samsung 1900mAh battery, but there was a little problem with the exact size. It is about only a half mm, but it had to push hard the battery to go into it's place.

Reactions: SandeepEmekar

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I've tried a few battery, non of them are true to value, all have the same time as the oem, although I haven't actually used it and whether it will drain faster.

Reactions: SandeepEmekar

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
there are some on ebay, 6500mAh 'mbuynow' extended batteries

ive bought one, works ok, nothing special, once fully charged after 24 of heavy useage it dies but strangely if you power your phone on again, it gives another 40-50% battery life which can easily go for severel more hours

fairly cheap too, uk price around £9 with extended back door cover

NFC support too, thou i never use it

Reactions: civicsr2cool

junkyde

May 26, 2011
ive bought one, works ok, nothing special, once fully charged after 24 of heavy useage it dies but strangely if you power your phone on again, it gives another 40-50% battery life which can easily go for severel more hours

it's a known issue, because the kernel always expects a 1900MAH battery ;)

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London

I guess so, but I've never experienced that on other Samsung devices using extended batteries, I've ordered a zerolemon battery for the S4 mini, it's coming from Texas, America. Do u think I'll get the same thing on that? I'm using a custom kernel also

Sent from my GT-I9195 CarbonKat 4.4.2

junkyde

May 26, 2011
I guess so, but I've never experienced that on other Samsung devices using extended batteries, I've ordered a zerolemon battery for the S4 mini, it's coming from Texas, America. Do u think I'll get the same thing on that? I'm using a custom kernel also

yes you definitively will! I've read on an amazon review that someone managed to get this fixed by editing some files in the kernel source.

dj_reed

Mar 4, 2014
China accesories... they say 2800mAh but there is less than original battery... Such as china pendrive :D seen 128GB but there is less than 4GB.

soko89

Jul 10, 2013
Hi all But i have the same problem my baterry only work 2 hours and my phone temperature is so high 51 °C I i change the baterry and is = my kernel is 3.4.0 - 1961802 dpi@dell134 and my band version is i9192xxubnb1 compilatin number jdq39.i9192xxubnb1 status secure Samsung help me please is software or hardware?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Hi all But i have the same problem my baterry only work 2 hours and my phone temperature is so high 51 °C I i change the baterry and is = my kernel is 3.4.0 - 1961802 dpi@dell134 and my band version is i9192xxubnb1 compilatin number jdq39.i9192xxubnb1 status secure Samsung help me please is software or hardware?

junkyde

May 26, 2011
It would be interesting to see how to fix this

Here is my translation for the workaround:

Edit the following file in the kernel source "drivers/power/pm8921-bms.c" as following:

In the function "calculate_fcc_uah" you have to paste

/* fixme: powerakku has the double capacity */
scalefactor *= 2;

below

"scalefactor = interpolate_scalingfactor_fcc(chip->fcc_sf_lut,
chargecycles);"

then build the kernel and update the "bootimg" (with abootimg) with the new kernel and flash it then via dd to "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot"

Reboot your Device.

You should calibrate the battery with an app from the market (first discharge your battery (<10%), then delete "/data/system/batterystats.bin" , reboot and charge to the fullest.

Last edited:

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
Here is my translation for the workaround:

Edit the following file in the kernel source "drivers/power/pm8921-bms.c" as following:

In the function "calculate_fcc_uah" you have to paste
/* fixme: powerakku has the double capacity */
scalefactor *= 2;
at
"scalefactor = interpolate_scalingfactor_fcc(chip->fcc_sf_lut,
chargecycles);"

then build the kernel and update the "bootimg" (with abootimg) with the new kernel and flash it then via dd to "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot"

Reboot your Device.

You should calibrate the battery with an app from the market (first discharge your battery (<10%), then delete "/data/system/batterystats.bin" , reboot and charge to the fullest.

This is too complicated for me bro lol, but thank you, if some day I find kahonaz to do this I'll do it lol :)

Doman

Jan 13, 2007

I have the same issue with ~4300mAh battery from eBay. Is it a S4 Mini common issue or generic Android issue? Any easier fix/calibration coming?

The battery is made in China, but it is not true it is the same or worse than original 1900mAh. I don't believe it has full 4300mAh capacity, but it is still around twice as big as the original one. My wife's phone lives twice as much time after the upgrade, but it has to be rebooted (after it dies when powered up it has 40-50% of power again).

smartxdev

Mar 23, 2014
Some system tools (like Android Tuner) has an ability to override the battery capacity value provided by kernel.
I've never tested it, since I'm with the usual battery, but you can try this..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I had time to compile some extended battery versions of my vikinger stock 4.2.2 kernel for you guys :)

There are 3 versions available: 3800mah, 4275mah and 6333mah for the lte and 3g variant of the s4 mini.

You can check the expected battery capacity with adb shell or with the terminal app:
    "cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/energy_full"

it should be "1940000" with the stock kernel and after flashing one of my modified kernels it should be higher.

So here are the download links:
    GT-I9195: 3800 4275 6333
    GT-I9190: 3800 4275 6333

After flashing the kernel you should calibrate your battery with an app from google play store.
    (so discharge below 10%, then delete "/data/system/batterystats.bin", reboot and charge to 100%)

Let me know if it works for you guys.
    I just purchased this battery for the fun of it, it's cheap, and my i9192 oem battery does not last long.

after some testing, the size although quoted 2850mAh, it's same as the oem one.
    Anyone tried it?
    Waiting for the feedback.

I was thinking to try this one.
    http://dx.com/p/replacement-2800mah...for-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-i9190-black-223296
    is it sure really 2800mAh?

I don't think so...

I used this kind of batteries on S2, but all of them not real capacity that was labeled...

Hey Guys, i bought one of the battery signed i9192 and 2800mAh. The battery drain was the same like the original Samsung 1900mAh battery, but there was a little problem with the exact size. It is about only a half mm, but it had to push hard the battery to go into it's place.
    I've tried a few battery, non of them are true to value, all have the same time as the oem, although I haven't actually used it and whether it will drain faster.