Disable HTC M7 capacitive buttons?

Search This thread

ShaheenXE

Mar 13, 2013
London
Hey guys, is there any easy way to disable the M7s capacitive buttons? As I'm using the onscreen keys. P.S I'm using ViperOne 6.1.0.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399160890440.jpg
    1399160890440.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 223

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
So you want to completely disable all function of capacitive buttons?

If so, using a file explorer (I recommend ES File Explorer), navigate to /system/usr/keylayout and find two files named "himax-touchscreen.kl" and "snyaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl"

open up those files as text and put a hash symbol (#) to every line of those files

Example, in himax-touchscreen.kl, it should look like this in the end:

Code:
#key 102 HOME
#key 158 BACK

Save it and do the same for the other file. Reboot and the capacitive buttons should stop functioning now. If you want to get the capacitive buttons back, just remove the # symbols on those files and reboot ;)

Reactions: uZzY94

ShaheenXE

Mar 13, 2013
London
Hey, I tried to do this method but, it just wouldn't save and also I couldn't find the himax file, I have enabled show hidden files, help would be appreciated :)

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Did you mount system?

Enable root mode in ES File Explorer and mount system first, then do the edits :)

EDIT: What ROM are you on? If you can't find himax-touchscreen, skip that and just do the synaptics one and report back if it worked ;)

Also, is that what your snyaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl shows by default? It looks like you just copied and pasted the stuff I written before :p If so, you don't need to copy/paste, just add the "#" symbol in front of every line

Last edited:

gordonpn

Apr 19, 2013
Montreal, QC
Hey guys, is there any easy way to disable the M7s capacitive buttons? As I'm using the onscreen keys. P.S I'm using ViperOne 6.1.0.

Are the onscreen buttons a feature of ViperOne? Do they work well?

Edit: Nevermind, I answered my own question by trying it out myself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you mount system?

Enable root mode in ES File Explorer and mount system first, then do the edits :)

EDIT: What ROM are you on? If you can't find himax-touchscreen, skip that and just do the synaptics one and report back if it worked ;)

Also, is that what your snyaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl shows by default? It looks like you just copied and pasted the stuff I written before :p If so, you don't need to copy/paste, just add the "#" symbol in front of every line
    So you want to completely disable all function of capacitive buttons?

If so, using a file explorer (I recommend ES File Explorer), navigate to /system/usr/keylayout and find two files named "himax-touchscreen.kl" and "snyaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl"

open up those files as text and put a hash symbol (#) to every line of those files

Example, in himax-touchscreen.kl, it should look like this in the end:

Code:
    #key 102 HOME
    #key 158 BACK

Save it and do the same for the other file. Reboot and the capacitive buttons should stop functioning now. If you want to get the capacitive buttons back, just remove the # symbols on those files and reboot ;)