[Q] Chromecast Mirroring

Search This thread

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
Thought I would start a thread for chromecast mirroring, I have tried without success to get this working. Chromecast works perfecty in the normal way and is great.

Chromecast firmware latest 17977
Chromcast app 1.7.4
MirrorEnabler v1
Crombi-KK latest build 0719 on internal

Logcat attached

Attachments

• Chromecastmirrorlog.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: cesartracy

supergogeta

Nov 30, 2013
mirror enable

I have try it and it hasn't work for me i hear there has to be file directory with : audio.r_submix.default. I ask the same question on crombikk rom and they told me that the file is there but it still doesnt work. I have been trying to use it with r3pwn experimental apk found here http://xdaforums.com/hard...evice-t2812193

Reactions: Gudders

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
I haven't actually had a chance to look at this properly yet. When I get around to it I'll have a play. I see there are other tegra 3 devices working so there is hope.

I believe in the thread for the chromecast screencasting any device thread there's a known issue with devices with Tegra chips. If memory serves me well, there's some kind of issue one of the libraries and it being closed source so where is needed is not being properly accessed.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe any of the officially supported devices, right now, are running Tegra chips, so it's possible a fix won't be found till a Tegra device is officially supported.

Reactions: Gudders

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
Thanks. I have seen reports of people with tegra 3 devices saying it works for them so I have hope. I think the bigger issue is with tegra 2 devices which sounds like the problem you described.

Only progress I have made so far is to update to v5 mirror enabler, try the various options in there, and also tried different resolutions. Without success I'm afraid.

I might root my HTC one x+ just to try this out on.

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
OK, I have spent a bit of time digging with this. I can see a few options that may help. I still seem to get ApOpps errors with audio and CM11 has a known problem with this, however a fix may be to use this patch;

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/69871/ However I don't know how to do anything with that information. I can't see an obvious flashable zip and assume I would need to make one, but don't know how. It sounds like this is what may be causing the crashes when we try to stop casting.

The blank screen issue may be solved with this;
Check the BoardConfig.mk file in /android/system/device and the config.xml file in /frameworks/base/core/res/res/values directory in the Linux computer you used to compile. Also check hardware_composer.h to determine the HAL version. HAL v1.2 and greater don't require gralloc buffers, but HAL v1.1 requires gralloc buffers. Most likely chromecast is using video buffering. Generally, low ram devices do not use dedicated video buffering since that will reduce available for system/programs. Again I don't think there is anything I can do with this info because I don't compile Crombi-KK.

As far as I can tell we have the audio_policy.conf in /system/etc/ r_submix section added and the audio.r_submix.default.so in /system/lib/hw/

There is a database entry that must be present in go to /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db
open that database with sqlite editor and open the overrides and add
name
gms:cast:mirroring_enabled
value
true

I believe that the above is present in our gservices.db but I can't be 100% as I don't have SQLite editor, only a basic "reader" of sorts.

SELinux looks to be disabled so I don't think we need to worry about being in a permissive mode.

If someone from the Crombi-KK dev team wants to look into the above and write me a flashable zip to try I am more than willing to do so. However I don't think there is much more that I can do myself I'm afraid.

I have tried - different versions of mirror enabler with the various fixes in place. I am on latest GPS and chromecast app. I have tried the clear data, etc, etc. Powered the chromecast from an AC plug rather than the TV and I never get anything other than a blank screen. Logcat shows ApOpp audio errors and surface flinger errors. I don't get a GPS crash, the cast screen option exists and appears in the quicksettings with the later versions of mirrorenabler. The tab will "think" it is casting, but I get a blank screen and when trying to stop casting will soft reboot. That is about all I have I think..

Hope that may help someone!

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
I should also note that I have tried removing ViperFX as this is known to cause some issues with chromecast mirroring. I have tried different kernels and various options for GPU rendering etc, with no success either.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK, I have spent a bit of time digging with this. I can see a few options that may help. I still seem to get ApOpps errors with audio and CM11 has a known problem with this, however a fix may be to use this patch;

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/69871/ However I don't know how to do anything with that information. I can't see an obvious flashable zip and assume I would need to make one, but don't know how. It sounds like this is what may be causing the crashes when we try to stop casting.

Check the BoardConfig.mk file in /android/system/device and the config.xml file in /frameworks/base/core/res/res/values directory in the Linux computer you used to compile. Also check hardware_composer.h to determine the HAL version. HAL v1.2 and greater don't require gralloc buffers, but HAL v1.1 requires gralloc buffers. Most likely chromecast is using video buffering. Generally, low ram devices do not use dedicated video buffering since that will reduce available for system/programs. Again I don't think there is anything I can do with this info because I don't compile Crombi-KK.

As far as I can tell we have the audio_policy.conf in /system/etc/ r_submix section added and the audio.r_submix.default.so in /system/lib/hw/

There is a database entry that must be present in go to /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db
name
value
true

I believe that the above is present in our gservices.db but I can't be 100% as I don't have SQLite editor, only a basic "reader" of sorts.

SELinux looks to be disabled so I don't think we need to worry about being in a permissive mode.

If someone from the Crombi-KK dev team wants to look into the above and write me a flashable zip to try I am more than willing to do so. However I don't think there is much more that I can do myself I'm afraid.

I have tried - different versions of mirror enabler with the various fixes in place. I am on latest GPS and chromecast app. I have tried the clear data, etc, etc. Powered the chromecast from an AC plug rather than the TV and I never get anything other than a blank screen. Logcat shows ApOpp audio errors and surface flinger errors. I don't get a GPS crash, the cast screen option exists and appears in the quicksettings with the later versions of mirrorenabler. The tab will "think" it is casting, but I get a blank screen and when trying to stop casting will soft reboot. That is about all I have I think..

Good info :good: Our source guy @lj50036 needs to review to see if we can implement it ;)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA

name
value
true

Wow that is a lot of stuff....

Let me take a look and see what I can find :D

Thx Josh

GrimSage

Jul 28, 2012
I get the same black screen and reboot on 2014-09-06-RC3

I would love to get this to work.

jp071848

May 21, 2008
Thought I would start a thread for chromecast mirroring, I have tried without success to get this working. Chromecast works perfecty in the normal way and is great.

Chromcast app 1.7.4
MirrorEnabler v1

Logcat attached

Any update on this, folks? I'm on the latest (patched) Crombi-KK, latest Chromecast firmware and app, and MirrorEnabler V6. The "Cast Screen" shows up fine, but I still get the blank screen on the TV. When I "Disconnect" I get the reboot.

Thanks in advance

neo1738

Nov 24, 2010
I am on the lastest release of Crombi-KK with Stability Patch and latest chromecast release. Same problems blank screen then soft reboot. Would love a fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Chromcast app 1.7.4
    MirrorEnabler v1

Logcat attached
    mirror enable

I have try it and it hasn't work for me i hear there has to be file directory with : audio.r_submix.default. I ask the same question on crombikk rom and they told me that the file is there but it still doesnt work. I have been trying to use it with r3pwn experimental apk found here http://xdaforums.com/hard...evice-t2812193
    I believe in the thread for the chromecast screencasting any device thread there's a known issue with devices with Tegra chips. If memory serves me well, there's some kind of issue one of the libraries and it being closed source so where is needed is not being properly accessed.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe any of the officially supported devices, right now, are running Tegra chips, so it's possible a fix won't be found till a Tegra device is officially supported.