[ROM/MOD - BL1.2 ] FrankenTAB [G-TABLET/ZPAD T2]

Search This thread

januszk

Oct 14, 2011
Just installed new ROM. So far so good but didn't check everything yet. I did look at the internet radios and they are still not working. Did you have a chance to look at that? Is there any settings I could try? It seems that applications with non-english user interface fail to open streams. Logcat shows this:

Code:
03-17 13:44:52.020 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): client connected
03-17 13:44:52.020 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): /http://217.74.72.12:7786
03-17 13:44:52.020 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): http://217.74.72.12:7786
03-17 13:44:52.020 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): processing
03-17 13:44:52.020 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): starting download
03-17 13:44:52.448 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): downloaded
03-17 13:44:52.448 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): downloading...
03-17 13:44:52.448 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): reading headers
03-17 13:44:52.448 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): headers done
03-17 13:44:52.448 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): writing to client
03-17 13:44:52.508 D/dalvikvm(18564): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 2238 objects / 399352 bytes in 55ms
03-17 13:44:52.980 D/        (  968): NvMMSockGetReply failed :: redirecting 
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): Broken pipe
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.writeSocketImpl(Native Method)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.write(OSNetworkSystem.java:723)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.write(PlainSocketImpl.java:578)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:59)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at com.rmf.player.StreamProxy.processRequest(StreamProxy.java:210)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at com.rmf.player.StreamProxy.run(StreamProxy.java:109)
03-17 13:44:53.000 E/        (18564): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
03-17 13:44:53.000 D/com.rmf.player.StreamProxy(18564): client connected

I tried several different apps, all with the same results. TuneIn and TuneIn Pro work fine even when listening to the same radio stations.

Thanks,
Janusz

Last edited:

cpdeepak

Sep 20, 2010
Great job @PixelRider

I have found a few problems with the 1.1.0 release that I am not happy with so far, so I am working on a fix release now... just to let everyone know.

@PixelRider: Thanks for a stable and awesome ROM dude.

I come from Flashback 10.3 (which is a good ROM too), but I wanted to use the Camera and FrankenTab is great for it. I am new to this ROM and have some issues with the 1.1.0 release. Maybe you already talked about it in other forums:

1) YouTube would not work. When I start a video it will just sit there.
2) Battery status shows 100% at all times

I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction for a fix (if there is any). BTW are you more active here or on slatedroid?

jhermit

Feb 7, 2011
I had a problem with YouTube and just uninstalled the last update of youtube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cpdeepak

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside

I come from Flashback 10.3 (which is a good ROM too), but I wanted to use the Camera and FrankenTab is great for it. I am new to this ROM and have some issues with the 1.1.0 release. Maybe you already talked about it in other forums:

I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction for a fix (if there is any). BTW are you more active here or on slatedroid?

As far as YouTube you have to make sure that HQ is not turned on. Everytime I went to play somthing I got the same thing that you got until I touched the HQ tab the top right corner.

The battery status might just be a wipe cache and battery status wipe also in CWM. Just got done installing this coming from CM7. Process I follow for for my install was wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, format system "under mount and storage" and then a dalvic cache wipe. Installed and the tablet seems pretty stable once set cpu was installed and adjusted correctly.

The only thing I didn't understand is why didn't Clemsyn add any govenors to his kernel?
:confused:

Last edited:

cpdeepak

Sep 20, 2010
As far as YouTube you have to make sure that HQ is not turned on. Everytime I went to play somthing I got the same thing that you got until I touched the HQ tab the top right corner.

The battery status might just be a wipe cache and battery status wipe also in CWM. Just got done installing this coming from CM7. Process I follow for for my install was wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, format system "under mount and storage" and then a dalvic cache wipe. Installed and the tablet seems pretty stable once set cpu was installed and adjusted correctly.

The only thing I didn't understand is why didn't Clemsyn add any govenors to his kernel?
:confused:

Thanks nobe1976.
1) I turned HQ off and it was still frozen.
2) I did a cache wipe before the install, but I guess I will try it again. I did not format the system though.

I had a problem with YouTube and just uninstalled the last update of youtube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks jhermit. I will try to uninstall the update and see if it works.

PixelRider

Apr 16, 2011
Pasadena
www.slatedroid.com

I am more active over there, but I do monitor all the sites I have released on so I will see if there are questions. I still am not sure what I want to do for a fix for the 1.1.0 issues, but I am working on it as time permits.

Revyloution

Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for the great ROM, it's working great.

I've only encountered one problem, it's with the accelerometer. In the game Doodle Jump, and the live wallpaper with the water and ice cubes, the orientation is off 90 degrees to the left. Everything else is working like a champ.

ant667

Mar 28, 2011
When was the last update for this? I would 100% switch from my current getacombover for camera again!

BenziT

Jun 11, 2011
Is it me or I can't find Facebook in Google play

Sent from my FrankenTAB using xda app-developers app

BenziT

Jun 11, 2011
Did the market. Everything works fine.

Sent from my FrankenTAB using xda app-developers app

tomprc

Feb 27, 2011
I just came back to this from DRH ICS-which looked neat, but was real sluggish for me. This seems to work really well. The only thing is when I hit power to wake it up it acts as if I've held the power button down and the menu pops up. Am I doing something wrong?
I just came from drh too. The only thing I missed here is the screenshot menu and some app incompatibility.

Can we get the screenshot?

Last edited:

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
Bumping a very old thread here.

I'm sure there are at least some of you who have a gtablet around. I'm also sure some of you hate how slow and buggy Jelly Bean is.

Well, this ROM is Froyo, but it definitely is my tablet's savior. No more sleep of deaths, only smoothness, great battery life, and everything is working.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/23486-rommod-12-frankentab-v112-g-tabletzpad-t2/ A working download link is in the last post of that thread.

Now, here's hoping to getting Kitkat at some point.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated 03/14/2012 FrankenTAB v1.1.0

FrankenTAB aims to pick up where the gtab-devs left off with the Froyo based VEGAn-TAB 1.00 b5.1.1 (our v001a is a direct port of b5.1.1 to BL 1.2 with a clemsyn kernel). The current build is a heavily modified Brilliant Corners 1.3.1 base (advanced version of VEGAn-TAB 1.00 b5.1.1), with an overclockable (1.6ghz) & undervoltable kernel from the Clemsyn universal Froyo Skype Fix.

1) This MOD is based on Roebeets' Brilliant Corners ROM for the GTablet. See the description for Brilliant Corners for more info.

2) I am using the latest kernel and WIFI drivers (Skype/SOD/PPP fixes) from Clemsyn, all thanks for the speed of this ROM should go to him.... not me. This ROM is overclockable (to 1.6Ghz) and undervoltable via SetCPU (Get it from XDA if you are a member, or from the market if you want to support the developer)

3) Jcp171, Cobey, and Sharpe351 have been a huge help to me with FrankenTAB. Much thanks goes out to them for their continued help and support.

4) I got the blessing from GoJimi to include the newest version of VTL Launcher in our rom (v1.7.5 - This is NOT on the market yet). I would suggest that you drop in over at http://vegantab.gojimi.com/ to see what's going on with the OFFICIAL VEGAn-TAB ROM, which is based on GINGERBREAD, and show your support for further development of VTL Launcher by purchasing the release version from the Android Market or via a donation on the VT-Labs / VEGAn-TAB website.

INSTALLATION NOTES:

Before attempting to install this ROM, please understand how to use NVFlash (Roebeets thread) to restore your system should something go wrong.

You will ABSOLUTELY need to do a data wipe / factory reset with CWM BEFORE install. I also recommend formatting your sdcard and wiping the dalvik cache before install. my current procedure is:

1) NVFlash to version a 1.2 bootloader base image including CWM
    2) Perform my wipes in CWM (data / cache / Dalvik / Format SD)
    3) Mount the Tablet via USB from inside CWM / Copy all the needed files to the tablet
    4) Install the Rom in CWM
    5) Reboot

In more extreme cases a tougher wipe may be necessary:

0) MAKE BACKUPS OF WHAT YOU WANT TO KEEP
    1) boot into CWM and format your sd card to 4096/0 then back to 2048/0 (this has cleared some of the problems for some people)
    2) format dalvik cache
    2a) -skip this step the first time you try, but it may end up being necessary- NVFlash back to a stock 1.2 setup that includes NVFlash (if you are on windows, I posted my NVFlash folder link (HERE) that has a few batch files for stock or CWM recovery)
    3) wipe data / factory reset (in CWM)
    4) -my method- format /system & /data (by doing this, it basically makes blank, formatted partitions)
    4a) wipe dalvik cache again! especially if you let your system fully boot after the NVFlash - CLEAR THAT CRAP OUTTA THERE!!!
    5) mount usb and copy over the zip file to the root of your internal sd card (which should be empty after part 1 - if not repeat step 1)
    6) install zip from sd card
    7) Reboot.

MAJOR RELEASE NOTE: The version 1.1.0 release is a full installation package with a completely new base. As such, please make a backup of your data just in case a full wipe becomes necessary during your upgrade process. I highly recommend a fresh start, but since we are upgrading the kernel, a wipe of the dalvik cache is mandatory at the very least.

APPLICATION COMPATIBILITY: KNOWN ISSUES as of release v1.1.0

(Thanks to Jcp171, Cobey, and EVERYONE for helping work through the app testing):

General Apps:

1. Market: Working properly with the standard market fix... slightly limited before the fix.

2. Skype: working. I have been using it for a while now and it seems to work like a champ.

E-mail:

1. Default E-mail: Works great, but being a non-Gingerbread ROM, Secure Corporate E-Mail setups may not work (Mine does not because of lack of appropriate security suppprt)

File Managers:

1. ES File Manager: Ran fine, was able to give file manager root. UPDATE: You can just long-press the STAR icon to get to the root directory. (THANKS bdds13!)

2. iFileManager: Works fine, but is just a basic file manager. For root access use ES file explorer or root explorer.

Utilities:

1. Anreboot: Fine for reboots, but DO NOT USE THIS TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY. It will likely only ever reboot into recovery forcing you to NVFlash the device to get it working again.

Games:

1. Plants Vs Zombies: (Doesn't work)Loaded and got all the way into the first level but quickly crashed. Will crash at some point either loading or trying to play. At the most it's extremely unstable...

2. Gem Spinner II: Not functional

3. Game compatibility with several games improved (Cut the rope now works) by removing the undervolt and returning voltages to default levels (still at 1.6ghz). May vary tab to tab... (Note: Even lowering the speed to 1ghz did not change Plants vs Zombies or Gem Spinners non-functional statuses...)

Any other apps we tested worked. Please let us know if you find an app with a problem and we can make sure to confirm the issue to help Pix out.

CHANGELOG:

v1.1.0

- Based on Advent VEGA Firmware v1.10
    - Kernel - clemsyn 2.6.32.9 (MM061 #128) - 1.6GHz OC/UV/SOD protection/Skype fix/PPP support
    - Updated to latest Market (Google Play) along with some of the other Google Apps.
    - New wallpaper

v1.0.9

- Updated Kernel to clemsyn 2.6.32.9 (MM061 #128) - 1.6GHz OC/UV/SOD protection/Skype fix/PPP support
    - Build Prop tweaks.
    - System tweaks
    - This is a FULL install
    - Final version to be based on Advent VEGA Firmware v1.09

v1.0.2

FT 1.0.2 with default kernel at 1.6ghz:

Smart Bench:4857/2263
    Quadrant:3456

FT with NEW 1.6ghz SOD fix by Clemsyn applied

Smart Bench:5022/2381
    Quadrant:3416

- ADB works fine
    - Market still requires the market fix, but more apps show up now (back to the olympus settings)
    - Revised graphics in framework-res.apk
    - Incorporated build.prop tweaks by JCP and the rest of the community - THANKS FOR THE HELP
    - Most other features from v1.0.0 remain the same in this release.

v1.0.1
    - POSSIBLE ADB ISSUE - TO BE CORRECTED IN 1.0.2
    - Incorporated build.prop tweaks by JCP and the rest of the community - THANKS FOR THE HELP
    - Returned to the default android font
    - Most other features from v1.0.0 remain the same in this release.

v1.0.0
    - Incorporated the G-Sensor Fix to allow games and apps to read the orientation of the tablet correctly.
    - Most features from RC1 have stayed the same in the OFFICIAL release.
    - Added the most up-to-date (and working) version of the Android Terminal Emulator (by jackpal)

v1.0.0 RC1
    - Reworked more icons - Icons were picked & modified from Froyo, GB, HC & ICS
    - Added new basic boot animation
    - Added new default wallpaper (working on a wallpaper picker app to include more)

v004b
    - Replaced our custom launcher with VTL Launcher 1.7.5 from gojimi (thanks again)
    - Removed ASUS Water LWP (was broken by skype kernel)
    - Removed nexus prime bootanimation
    - Minor Build Prop changes (still @ LCD Density of 160)
    - Reworked framework-res.apk (thanks to the UOT Kitchen)
    • Reworked lock screen sliders
    • Reworked color scheme
    • Changed fonts for a different look

v004a
    - Modified boot.img to fix install error that bdds13 was having (needs to be tested)
    - Added new 2nd boot logo
    - Added new bootanimation.zip (nexus prime - possible slowdown issue here)
    - Minor Build Prop change to test market compatibility (olympus device prop - still @ LCD Density of 160)

DOWNLOADS:

Grab FrankenTABv110 FULL from HERE
    If you try it out and it doesn't work or your house burns down, or your cat turns into a zombie, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!
    FULL INSTALL - 130.07 MB DOWNLOAD

OLDER DOWNLOADS:

Grab FrankenTABv109 FULL from HERE
    FULL INSTALL - 107.6 MB DOWNLOAD

Grab FrankenTABv100 FULL from HERE
    If you try it out and it doesn't work or your house burns down, or your cat turns into a zombie, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

Grab FrankenTABv101 UPDATE from HERE
    UPDATE ONLY - REQUIRES v1.0.0 TO BE INSTALLED FIRST - 9.78 MB DOWNLOAD

Grab FrankenTABv102 UPDATE from HERE
    UPDATE ONLY - REQUIRES v1.0.1 TO BE INSTALLED FIRST- 9.76 MB DOWNLOAD

SPECIAL ADDITIONS:

"I have included 1.6 ghz, Skype fix, PPP. With PPP, I had to upgrade the wifi drivers to get it to build so not sure SOD fix will hold but please test for me thanks." - Clemsyn

Clemsyn has asked us to test his latest kernel build for froyo with SOD protection, Skype fix, and PPP support. Grab the download and let the testing begin. If it goes well I will incorporate it into the v1.1.0 release of FrankenTAB. UPDATE 02/08/2012 - This will be the new default kernel in the v1.1.0 release - all tests confirm this to be an excellent release from clemsyn.

Grab FrankenTABv001a from HERE
    - v001a is based on VeganTAB 5.1.1 just ported to the 1.2 BL with clemsyns kernel and a market update. (Still seems to be fairly popular - I will continue to support v001a as best I can for those looking for the classic VEGAN experience on the 1.2 boot loader.)

SCREENSHOTS:
    Version 1.1.0 is up in the OP..
    NEW UPDATE... V1.0.9 up... V1.1.0 coming soon.
    I have been glad to do it!! I have gotten a LOT of support from the communities that I deal with, and its been a ton of fun.
    rolling up a testing version now. I am using the same kernel in v1.1.0, so I hope it works for you this time out of the box.

I will look into the internet radio issue during testing and hopefully it will get resolved.