[ROM][8.13.12] ROMChicago 5.5: With GoogleNow! [ICS 4.0.3]

Search This thread

no6969el

Jan 22, 2009
Awesome rom... just wanted to note..

Rom is running pretty good, I did notice there is no default Clock app.(I see you have mentioned this)

Also the battery even with wiping stats is still bad (About 7 percent every hour when indoors on wifi)

The Call echo does not happen for me (so far all people on calls with me say I sound good enough)..... so far.....

Rotate and shutdown works great, it vibrates too.

Voicemail button on dialer crashes things..

Every once in a while something will forceclose...(possibly 4.0 issues with apps..listed below)

1)XDA app sometimes forcecloses, uses a lot of CPU when not in use.(needs to be forced closed via task manager)

2)Reddit app (reddit is fun) locks up sometimes and causes lock up, then crash to desktop (home screen)

3)Contacts : when opened via app drawer loads att contacts (workaround, access contacts via dialer.)

Last issue (it is with front facing camera photos when taken using any apps that have a "capture from camera" option: This is NOT just your rom but i have noticed this on a lot of roms. I actually wonder if no one has reported this.. When you use apps that use the camera and you switch to front facing camera to take a picture, then when the app gets the picture to use it will be sideways. A workaround to this is when you take a pic with the front facing camera you need to take it horizontally.

Last edited:
Reactions: LawStud3nt

jangst123

Dec 18, 2010
Bucks County, PA
www.allformailers.com

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
A few other observations:

1) battery life is definitely better in this new leak. Battery drains about 1% an hour on standby at work. Prior to this, all other T989 ICS ROMs were barely making it through to day for me, which is annoying at the very least. It's been 8 hours and I'm still at 70% today with moderate use.

2) minor gripe: I like the Samsung clock app. It's way more functional than the basic AOSP one. This ROM has no clock app at all, no alarm. Please add?

3) no battery % as far as I can tell. If this and the trebuchet upgrade could also go into the next version that would be really good.

Trey the battery calibrator on the super v6 thread. I have amazingly battery after running it. Before it was barely making 16 hours now I have about 2 days (heavy heavy Usage about 8 hours straight on no undervolt) which is duo much better than I had.

Device: Samsung Tmobile S2 [SGH-T989]
ROM: Yaldak's Vanilla ICS RC2
Radio: Blaze 4g ICS Radio
Tweak Script: Newest Supercharger V6 ICS with modified services.jar
Superchargers 3g turbo boost
Superchargers Kernelizer Tweaks Script
Supercharger Extreme Battery Calibrator (manual as auto seems to freeze on countdown
(working on getting all that in to specific T989 pack single install as next project)

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
I have no problem with you all making modifications and posting the proposed changes to the from if you see fit. Some of these changes are outside of my technical competency.

So dev it up and shoot me a link.

Sent from my SGH-T989 Lawyerphone.

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have no problem with you all making modifications and posting the proposed changes to the from if you see fit. Some of these changes are outside of my technical competency.

So dev it up and shoot me a link.

Sent from my SGH-T989 Lawyerphone.

Not sure if this is needed by many, but I wake up to my phone, and not having the alarm clock there is a bummer, but I found the original apk, so maybe you can include it in the next build in case other want/need it. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16253210&postcount=2

Reactions: 83fb and jangst123

rmarquez1974

Nov 11, 2009
Ok. Cool. Just wanted to try the v6 supercharger scripts...

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
tethering doesn't seem to be working. Can you help us out some settings?

Thank you

Sent from my fargin phone!

lvguy85

Oct 23, 2008
Just downloaded and installed the from looks and runs great.

Few minor issues that I have found:

GPS location lock and wifi tethering. Great work bro thanks

mrcrassic

Sep 28, 2007
New York
Guys,

Tethering works fine if you download "Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite" from SVTP-HK in Play Store.

@Lawstudent,

I can't get shutdown or reboot to work via Terminal or from the Device Options menu. I zipped the latest release. Am I doing something wrong?

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
Guys,

Tethering works fine if you download "Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite" from SVTP-HK in Play Store.

@Lawstudent,

I can't get shutdown or reboot to work via Terminal or from the Device Options menu. I zipped the latest release. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that too, I am going to see what I jacked up in the last update.

mrcrassic

Sep 28, 2007
New York
Thanks a lot, man. And thanks for such a fantastic ROM! This is the best 4.0 ROM for our phones at the moment, so feel good about yourself :)

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Tethering

Guys,

@Lawstudent,

Thanks for the tip on this, it's just, the "Lite" version only works for 2 days with 5 minute intervals at a time - I copied/pasted the description below:

This is the "Lite" version, which is only intended to test if your phone is compatible before buying the "Pro" version. The "Lite" version is limited to 2 days and then a 5-minute window once per day. The "Pro" version is not limited.

The Pro Version is $14.99 - too much.

I know our dev's have set up free tethering on both ICS and GB roms, so hoping LawStud3nt with hook us up with a fix. setting up our roms with free tethering.

mrcrassic

Sep 28, 2007
New York
I think I posted the wrong one. There's another one that enables/disables native Tethering for free without restrictions; I'll look for it. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The next RomChicago: ROMChicago5.5

New for 5.5: SMS/MMS fix

Features
    Some aosp goodness
    Massive debloat
    Nova launcher
    AOSP Browser
    AOSP Calendar
    Wifi Calling
    Jelly Bean Google Music

5.1 Fixed Lock screen wallpaper
    5.2 Added Jelly Bean Google Music and fixed camera (stock kernel)
    5.3: Some build prop tweaks - blazing fast
    Added video editor ( I know what photo editor you are talking about now, so I will dig it up - for synergy)
    5.4: Googlenow from JellyBean
    PhotoEditor - lol finally I know
    Kernel Fix for Adb
    Graphics touch ups

Please flash modded-gapps for google services:
    GOOGLE APPS

Download Here:
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Please ignore quickpanel settings app.

Problems? Reboot if no signal and wipe cache and fix permissions.

Make sure you use Darksidewipe or at least wipe system/data/cache before flashing!

I want to thank the following awesome devs:

Yaldak, you the man on here lately.
    edgex, thanks for posting the aosp stuff.
    Jomiester and topprospect - thanks for responding to my questions and proposals in the AOSP threads, too legit.
    G and theserb86
    Justices Cardozo, Marshall, and Warren.
    Thanks Mr. X/eugene for the base (Tmo). KangKong for the base (Att #2).
    thecobra for the wallpaper (which I will figure out I swear)
    Thanks droid15 for the mirror!
    remf4i for the inverted apps
    phoenix6 for the theme (even if I still can't get the whole thing in there)
    newman98168 for taking care of business here while I was bricked/had finals
    Faux for the kernel

Do yourself a favor and flash beats! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25906838
    Works awesome with Poweramp!

USEFUL STUFF:
    KERNELS:
    Two Kernels: Hardware means the device you intend to run the Rom on. ROM is the rom you are porting or running and wish to run on the hardware.
    Hardware: Hercules Rom: Skyrocket
    For running a skyrocket UCLE2 rom on the T989
    If you are on a UCLE port and have vibration/call echo issues, this should fix it.
    Hardware: Skyrocket Rom: Hercules
    For running a hercules UCLV8 rom on Skyrocket

TOOLS and APPS:
    Kernel Cleanser by Master and Slave Scroll to bottom of post.
    Darkside Wipe by TDJ
    Want a clock app? Thanks bobbyphoenix.http://xdaforums.com/show...10&postcount=2
    GOOGLE APPS

I want to thank the following awesome devs:

Yaldak, you the man on here lately.
    edgex, thanks for posting the aosp stuff.
    Jomiester and topprospect - thanks for responding to my questions and proposals in the AOSP threads, too legit.
    G and theserb86
    Justices Cardozo, Marshall, and Warren.
    Thanks Mr. X for the base (Tmo). KangKong for the base (Att #2).

Thanks droid15 for the mirror!

Like my rom? Press the reply button when a noob has a question and actually help them.
    Version 5.3 out now!
    +1. I installed this rom last night and it seems solid. However, it doesn't have the 16 toggles which I really like. I'd also like to know how to add it back on. I did search the thread but maybe I didn't search it well enough with the right terms.

I wonder if Phoenix's theme for Darkside Evo 2B2 with 1% battery mod would work on this rom. Would it also give me the 16 toggles too?

Thanks.

There is a specific 16 toggles flash pack and last I saw our phone defaults to 1% as that battery polling variable is not found on phone (well at least when I ran checks). It seems to be mostly Moto phones that poll at odd times.

Toggle zip can be found on my mirror here: http://goo.gl/uuVLI
    should work on just bout any ICS ROM (have yet to have any issues and have flashed it with most every if not every ICS ROM for t989).

Flash via Recovery (custom not stock)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Just released conversion kernels to make things much easier on the devs, and fix call echo and vibration on some of the UCLE2 roms that are out.