Nook HD 9 stuck on Nook logo

Search This thread

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
Here is my problem description:-

I was using CM10.1.3 emmc with CWM latest version as suggested in the respective thread. I have installed a SD formatter app from Google Play and tried to format my 32GB Class 10 Samsung MicroSD card inside the device. After that, the sd card was non writable. So I tried to restart the device, but alas, it got stuck in the 1st Black screen with the big Nook. Not even able to boot into CWM. Even the CyanogenMod logo didn't come.

I have a bootable CWM (6.0.28) recovery MicroSD card (8GB Class 4) and used it to boot into recovery, cleared Cache/ Factory reset, Dalvik Cache and then again flashed Carbon unofficial 4.3 JB rom and Gapps for JB 4.3. But it still getting stuck in the 1st Nook screen.

After reading a lots of thread here, it looks like that during the format of SD card, it somehow destroyed the proper partitions of the emmc. But unlike others mentioned in different Bricked Nook HD thread, I am able to access each components of emmc when booted from CWM Bootable card, able to mount internal storage etc.

So, is there a solution to restore the emmc partitioning properly? I tried to connect it to PC for connecting it through adb but didn't have the proper usb driver for it. The driver I got, needs the hardware id of the product to modify the inf file which sadly I can't access in the device.

I also tried to restore it to stock 2.2 rom from the CWM backup created earlier before installing CM10.1.3. It got restored but didn't solve the problem, it still getting stuck into Black screen with Nook written to it, the one comes before CM logo.

Please help.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Here is my problem description:-

I was using CM10.1.3 emmc with CWM latest version as suggested in the respective thread. I have installed a SD formatter app from Google Play and tried to format my 32GB Class 10 Samsung MicroSD card inside the device. After that, the sd card was non writable. So I tried to restart the device, but alas, it got stuck in the 1st Black screen with the big Nook. Not even able to boot into CWM. Even the CyanogenMod logo didn't come.

I have a bootable CWM (6.0.28) recovery MicroSD card (8GB Class 4) and used it to boot into recovery, cleared Cache/ Factory reset, Dalvik Cache and then again flashed Carbon unofficial 4.3 JB rom and Gapps for JB 4.3. But it still getting stuck in the 1st Nook screen.

After reading a lots of thread here, it looks like that during the format of SD card, it somehow destroyed the proper partitions of the emmc. But unlike others mentioned in different Bricked Nook HD thread, I am able to access each components of emmc when booted from CWM Bootable card, able to mount internal storage etc.

So, is there a solution to restore the emmc partitioning properly? I tried to connect it to PC for connecting it through adb but didn't have the proper usb driver for it. The driver I got, needs the hardware id of the product to modify the inf file which sadly I can't access in the device.

I also tried to restore it to stock 2.2 rom from the CWM backup created earlier before installing CM10.1.3. It got restored but didn't solve the problem, it still getting stuck into Black screen with Nook written to it, the one comes before CM logo.

Please help.

What SD formatter app program from Play Store are you talking about? I need to know that so I can determine what you did?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
I have used the tool AParted (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sylkat.AParted) and tried to format my 32GB Samsung Class 10 MicroSD card.
BTW, in the mean time, I did little bit of digging and got the Serial of the Tab and if you want can share with you. I have also tried to install the CM10.2 SD card version with CWM 6.027 Bootable SD card. I was able to push the Zip files to the SD card using QtADB tool by mounting the SD card in the CWM menu, installed the CM rom to SD card and then installed the Gapps for JB 4.3. Still unable to boot into CM, it is going to CWM in every restart. Used this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032364 for installation.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I have used the tool AParted (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sylkat.AParted) and tried to format my 32GB Samsung Class 10 MicroSD card.
BTW, in the mean time, I did little bit of digging and got the Serial of the Tab and if you want can share with you. I have also tried to install the CM10.2 SD card version with CWM 6.027 Bootable SD card. I was able to push the Zip files to the SD card using QtADB tool by mounting the SD card in the CWM menu, installed the CM rom to SD card and then installed the Gapps for JB 4.3. Still unable to boot into CM, it is going to CWM in every restart. Used this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032364 for installation.
You are using some strange and outdated tools. That AParted probably really messed up you internal memory.

That guide is an old one for putting CM10 on an SD install. And you do not install the SD version of CM10.2 with that 6027 bootable CWM SD. Pick a newer guide and start again.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
You are using some strange and outdated tools. That AParted probably really messed up you internal memory.

That guide is an old one for putting CM10 on an SD install. And you do not install the SD version of CM10.2 with that 6027 bootable CWM SD. Pick a newer guide and start again.

Actually I realised that and used the new guide for for installation of latest CM10.2 build by using the latest guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36421852#post36421852. But whenever I am trying to boot into CM10.2, it is getting booted into CWM recovery.
I have checked in another thread where you had made a ZIP file to fix the internal storage structure, is it possible for my case.? Should I use this guide: http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/cm10-2-jellybean-android-4-3-for-nook-hd-18sep2013/

Last edited:

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I have used the method in http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/cm10-2-jellybean-android-4-3-for-nook-hd-18sep2013/ and installed 10.2. But during restart, it is showing the message that /Bootdata/BCB missing and probably that is the reason, it is always rebooting into recovery mode. I have checked in one thread where you have made a flashable Zip file to restore the system partitions. Can it be done for my case?
Waiting for your answer.
Start over and use this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317500

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
Start over and use this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317500

Will that fix the emmc partitions in HD+? Initially I have installed CM10.1.3 by using this method and after the issue occurred, I tried to install the Carbon 4.3 ROM through CWM recovery after performing FActory reset, cache cleaning and Dalvik Cache cleanup. But that didn't solve the issue. I have even tried to restore the stock Nook 2.2 firmware from the CWM recovery which I created earlier before installing the CM10.3. But the issue didn't get resolved.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Will that fix the emmc partitions in HD+? Initially I have installed CM10.1.3 by using this method and after the issue occurred, I tried to install the Carbon 4.3 ROM through CWM recovery after performing FActory reset, cache cleaning and Dalvik Cache cleanup. But that didn't solve the issue. I have even tried to restore the stock Nook 2.2 firmware from the CWM recovery which I created earlier before installing the CM10.3. But the issue didn't get resolved.
If you used the CWM from that thread and flashed the plain stock 2.2.0, it should have fixed it.

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
I have tried the following steps:-
Downloaded the TWRP emmc 2.6 Bootfiles, copied them to a 64GB Class 10 sd card by formatting it to FAT32, setting it to active and then copied the Files (MLO file 1st) into it.
Also copied Nook stock 2.2 zip in the sd card.
With the card installed, Nook HD+ booted into TWRP recovery.
Performed a factory reset and wipe data.
Installed the stock rom.
After that, I checked the Bootfile partition and it was having the BCB file.
I am also able to access 27GB Emmc and copied all the zip files to Internal store using TWRP file manager.
Now I took out the SD card and tried to boot the Tab but it was again stuck into 1st Boot screen with Nook logo.
When I inserted the card 2nd time and checked the Boot Data partition using the TWRP's integrated file manager, there was nothing inside of the /BootData folder.
Is there a way to build the /Bootfiles/BCB for Nook HD plus?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I have tried the following steps:-
Downloaded the TWRP emmc 2.6 Bootfiles, copied them to a 64GB Class 10 sd card by formatting it to FAT32, setting it to active and then copied the Files (MLO file 1st) into it.
Also copied Nook stock 2.2 zip in the sd card.
With the card installed, Nook HD+ booted into TWRP recovery.
Performed a factory reset and wipe data.
Installed the stock rom.
After that, I checked the Bootfile partition and it was having the BCB file.
I am also able to access 27GB Emmc and copied all the zip files to Internal store using TWRP file manager.
Now I took out the SD card and tried to boot the Tab but it was again stuck into 1st Boot screen with Nook logo.
When I inserted the card 2nd time and checked the Boot Data partition using the TWRP's integrated file manager, there was nothing inside of the /BootData folder.
Is there a way to build the /Bootfiles/BCB for Nook HD plus?
it will do no good to build that file since you already had it and the boot to emmc wiped it out. TWRP puts it back when it exits, but your normal boot seems to remove it.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
Please suggest me a solution for it. I read here that there is a special type of SD installation possible with no access to the emmc and the OS will threat the SD card like it treats the emmc. Could you link me to a proper guide to do that?
Also, in my case, what might be the main problem of deletion of the Bootdata partition during emmc boot? Is there any possible solution for it?

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
Anybody? please let me know how to fix the emmc partitions. I still has hope as I am completely able to access my EMMC via SD card boot.While using TWRP recovery, I can even copy files from my SD card to internal memory of the device. Also able to flash Roms too.

So please provide me a flashable Zip file which can reconstruct the EMMC file structure for proper boot.

were4isu

Feb 18, 2014
Anybody? please let me know how to fix the emmc partitions. I still has hope as I am completely able to access my EMMC via SD card boot.While using TWRP recovery, I can even copy files from my SD card to internal memory of the device. Also able to flash Roms too.

So please provide me a flashable Zip file which can reconstruct the EMMC file structure for proper boot.

I'm also in need of the same thing. I believe SD card manager or some such program fubared my partitions so now my Nook HD+ just hangs at the nook logo when booting from EMMC. I can boot off SD just fine though.

dwilbur

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus 6
Please suggest me a solution for it. I read here that there is a special type of SD installation possible with no access to the emmc and the OS will threat the SD card like it treats the emmc. Could you link me to a proper guide to do that?
Also, in my case, what might be the main problem of deletion of the Bootdata partition during emmc boot? Is there any possible solution for it?

I was also in a similar situation in that I was stuck at the nook screen and not able to go beyond. I thought it was due to a discharged battery and leaving the Nook in my car in -20 F weather. However, I was not able to enter recovery. I found a thread by Verygreen detailing an SD card only installation for bad emmc units. I dd'd the image to the sd card and booted to cwm on the card. Then shut down, pulled the sd card and copied the rom to the card. Rebooted and the install went through correctly. I now have a working Nook HD+ although I don't have emmc access. But at least it works now. I found the thread in one of the other "Stuck on Nook screen" threads. Hope this helps you.