[Q] Possible to buy UK Moto X in the US?

Search This thread

damchey

May 27, 2009
The US motorola site lets you purchase a Moto G (Global GSM) model at the same price of 199$ for the 16GB one.

I was wondering if its possible to buy a Moto X (XT1052) UK edition (with LTE 1800mhz) from the US at around the same price (329$).

The Moto X if bought in UK converts to around 550$ which is prohibitively high and you don't get the customization options as well.

younger06

Jan 25, 2011
Naas
I wouldn't say so, whoever Motorola's distributor is in the UK wouldn't be over joyed by that.
Are you in Europe or USA?

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
The US motorola site lets you purchase a Moto G (Global GSM) model at the same price of 199$ for the 16GB one.

I was wondering if its possible to buy a Moto X (XT1052) UK edition (with LTE 1800mhz) from the US at around the same price (329$).

The Moto X if bought in UK converts to around 550$ which is prohibitively high and you don't get the customization options as well.

Yup, ebay. but for that price probably only used ones. Hope that helps!

Also, you could see which US versions match your bands since they're on sale for cheap for another week.

damchey

May 27, 2009
I wouldn't say so, whoever Motorola's distributor is in the UK wouldn't be over joyed by that.
Are you in Europe or USA?

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

Am in Asia actually and am trying to have a friend in the USA buy it from Motomaker. And the LTE band used here is band 3 (1800), which the UK Moto X (XT1052) has.

The used UK models on ebay are double the price of a brand new US moto x. Guess I'll have to skip LTE.

younger06

Jan 25, 2011
Naas
I am in Ireland and to get a 32gb Dev Edition, I had to buy from the USA. I won't need LTE for probably 2 years.
Mine including shipping cost me €320
There are people in Ireland and on Ebay looking for €600 for them!!

Tapatalked from my MotoX Dev Edition.