[HOWTO] SIM UnLOCK FREE METHOD FoR NEWBS

Search This thread

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I tought it was a one click procedure.. I sont know what adb is. I know is a command thingy.. I used terminal once.. I really dont understand command stuff. If i use terminal i have to compyall the 4 commands lines. And paste them on terminal.. One by one or all at the same time... I have to use those lines..
To restore it has an example.. Do i have to do the same for each comand line.. If its the same lines that would back up and restore. They should have the restore commands complete. Its pita to do on cell..

You can do it from a command prompt on your pc. You don't have to do it from a terminal on your phone. With you phone booted up and connected to your pc's usb. Just issue the command:

adb shell

Then follow the rest of the commands, one line at a time with a return after each command.

You'll need adb on your pc. Google 15 second adb install xda.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: raptorddd

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
The beginning of your post is way too funny. Thanks for taking your time to make it easier for people.
I used the OTHER Original thread and although it wasn't as informative, it was very easy to do.
I did mine in the first go, but I did not dump the original EFS. No big deal.
I also turned SHA256 back to ON before you Flash another ROM and Modem. Not sure if it was needed but I did it anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Hey, maybe it's dumb question , maybe it's not , but can i use this way to unlock any other phone? Or it's just for skyrocket?

You need the Proper stock rooted ROM and Radio for THAT OTHER phone, however the procedure itself is not much different.

Reactions: Djeloan

err1max1

Feb 9, 2013
I'm trying to download the Ucld2 rom and modem but I keep getting an error from dev-host site.
Any chance for a different site where I can download it?

Itermittent dev-host problem .. is now back and working fine. Link is fine

Last edited:

mcernuto

Apr 7, 2011
data?

I followed the steps and got the phone unlocked but there is no data connection now.. also if it matters i am using this i727 on t-mobile. calls and texts work but no data/... please someone help

Last edited:

tornadolf

May 12, 2012
Chicago
Thanks! After spending almost a week trying to get my unlock code from AT&T I unlocked my phone in about 20 minutes. The only issue I encountered, was that unlocked phone would not reboot - rebooting resulted in the phone just sitting there forever with the black screen. Reflashing ROM fixed that.

Richy_T

Dec 24, 2010
Stuck

My Baseband is I727UCLE2 but I've only been able to find two places that claim to have this but one is a bad link and the other is a dead link. Anyone know how I should proceed? This is with an AT&T I727.

Thanks

Edit: Decided just to jump to the latest stock ROM. Wife gets a nice upgrade.

FWIW, the phone appeared to work fine with the RADIO and ROM it was flashed with. Could probably have just left it. The phone was having issues in any case. It will be interesting to see if the upgrade helps.

Last edited:

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
My Baseband is I727UCLE2 but I've only been able to find two places that claim to have this but one is a bad link and the other is a dead link. Anyone know how I should proceed? This is with an AT&T I727.

Thanks

Edit: Decided just to jump to the latest stock ROM. Wife gets a nice upgrade.

FWIW, the phone appeared to work fine with the RADIO and ROM it was flashed with. Could probably have just left it. The phone was having issues in any case. It will be interesting to see if the upgrade helps.
dont think ur going to find it, jb radio should be better though

sidgallup

Dec 13, 2012
i got one with stock 2.3.6 installed, should i just install custom recovery then custom ROM and modem and done? or is there any stock UCLD2 ROM i could flash with odin?

ektorzoza

Apr 1, 2015
Pictures of step 9?

INTRO

PROCEDURE

1. If On Stock Recovery Then You Must Flash A Custom Recovery - HOWTO HERE

2. Optional: Backup Current Efs Partition To Revert Unlock HOWTO HERE

Steps 3 & 4 Are For Making A Backup Of Your Current Rom As This Unlock Procedure Will Wipe It.

3. Find Out Which Radio/modem You Are On From Phone Menu>System>About Phone>Baseband.
From This Baseband, Which Is Your Current Radio, Goto The The 1Stop Sticky Radio Section And Download That Baseband/Radio That You Are Currently On And Copy It To Your Sdcard.
warning: old radios might not be available

4. Make A Backup Through Recovery(Cwm Or Twrp) Of Your Existing Rom, Dont Know What That Means Then You Didnt Read The Intro From Above , Go Away And Come Back When Youre Ready.

5. Download The Ucld2 Oem Stock Rooted Rom From HERE, Download The Ucld2 Radio From HERE
Copy Both Those Files To Your Sdcard And Check The Md5, How To HERE

6. Completely Wipe The Phone But Not Sdcards, Howto Read Q.26 From Here

7. Turn Off Phone And Insert The Sim Card For Your New Carrier, Might/should Work With The Original Sim Card Or No Sim Card, It Wont Hurt Either Way.

8. Boot Into Recovery and Install Both The Ucld2 Radio And The Ucld2 Rom You Downloaded From Step 5 From Above,
Note: Flash Radio Twice W/out Cable Plugged In.
When Completed Reboot Phone.

9. Let Phone Boot Up, Just Bypass Setup Screens To Get To The Home Screen, Let It Settle For A Few Minutes Then Go To The Dailer Screen.
Follow The Steps In Order As Shown In Pics Below

code_inputsm1.png
debugscreen_step3sm1.png
networklock_step5sm1.png
simulation.png
networklock.png
networklock_step5_1.png

10. After Pressing [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF From Last Pic Wait Exactly 30 Seconds Then
Press The Menu Button Key On The Phone And Select Back Option, This Will Take You Back To NETWORK LOCK screen.
Do Not Press The Physical Capacitive "Back" Button Key On The Phone.

11. Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
You Should Receive PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL If Having A Non-accepted Sim Card Inserted, If Not Wait Exactly One Minute And Then Reboot The Phone.
Should Be Unlocked. Test W/Non-accepted SIM Card. Not Unlocked Then Try Procedure Again.

12. Restoring Your Backup.
Flash The Radio You Had B4 from step #3, Do This Twice W/out Cable Plugged In, Then Restore Your Backup From Within Recovery And Check To See If Sim Is Connecting To Your Network Carrier.

13. For Phone Working On Another Carrier Read The Radio Section From The 1stop Sticky

14. Q. Will I Lose My Unlock If Flashing A Rom, Kernel, Radio, Restoring To Stock, Etc.
A. NO. The Only Way To Restore The Lock Is If You Restore Your Original Locked Efs You Created From Step #2.

Hi, I just want to ask where can i see the pictures that you mention in Step 9?

moot1835

Jun 13, 2014
This thread is still useful. Successfully sim unlocked my skyrocket tonight. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRO
    THIS POST IS FOR THE SAMSUNG GALAXY SKYROCKET SG2 LTE: MODEL# "SGH-I727" FOR ATT & "SGH-I727R" FOR ROGERS.

Thanks Goto lart2150 And cschmitt From This Thread, read the whole thread there and if you dont understand it then try this post.

I Decided To Make A Step By Step Guide To Keep All The Steps In One Post Instead Of It Being Spread Out Over Many Posts And Also For Newbs And Dense Members That Could Not Read The Original Thread Correctly.

All Info Was Taken From Above Thread, I Had No Hand In Making This Free Method Work.

I Successfully Unlocked The Sim Carrier Lock On Two i727r Phones.

For Newbs That Have Never Installed Custom Roms Or Custom Recoveries Read This First The Most Common Questions Answered Here Before You Proceed.
    Theres A Learning Curve In Dealing With Android And As Such Basic Knowledge Of How It Works Must Be Learned.
    If You're Too Lazy To Understand\Learn\Read Or In A Rush Then Just Spend The Damn $ And Buy An Unlock Code!!!

Newbs B4 You Flash Or Are Having A Problem:
    Read!!
    Now Read Some More!!
    Read The Stickies!!! What Are Stickies? Read THIS POST
    Search!!! HOWTO HERE or HERE
    We Can Tell By Your Question That You Havent Done Any Of The Above And You Might/Will Get Flamed.
    WE DO LIKE TO HELP BUT PLEASE DO ABOVE FIRST
    Once You Know What You Are Doing And Are Stumped At A Certain Problem, Post It Here Or The Q&a Forum.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, these methods have been proven to work, but sh*t happens!

PROCEDURE

1. If On Stock Recovery Then You Must Flash A Custom Recovery - HOWTO HERE

2. Optional: Backup Current Efs Partition To Revert Unlock HOWTO HERE

Steps 3 & 4 Are For Making A Backup Of Your Current Rom As This Unlock Procedure Will Wipe It.

3. Find Out Which Radio/modem You Are On From Phone Menu>System>About Phone>Baseband.
    From This Baseband, Which Is Your Current Radio, Goto The The 1Stop Sticky Radio Section And Download That Baseband/Radio That You Are Currently On And Copy It To Your Sdcard.
    warning: old radios might not be available

4. Make A Backup Through Recovery(Cwm Or Twrp) Of Your Existing Rom, Dont Know What That Means Then You Didnt Read The Intro From Above , Go Away And Come Back When Youre Ready.

5. Download The Ucld2 Oem Stock Rooted Rom From HERE, Download The Ucld2 Radio From HERE
    Copy Both Those Files To Your Sdcard And Check The Md5, How To HERE

6. Completely Wipe The Phone But Not Sdcards, Howto Read Q.26 From Here

7. Turn Off Phone And Insert The Sim Card For Your New Carrier, Might/should Work With The Original Sim Card Or No Sim Card, It Wont Hurt Either Way.

8. Boot Into Recovery and Install Both The Ucld2 Radio And The Ucld2 Rom You Downloaded From Step 5 From Above,
    Note: Flash Radio Twice W/out Cable Plugged In.
    When Completed Reboot Phone.

9. Let Phone Boot Up, Just Bypass Setup Screens To Get To The Home Screen, Let It Settle For A Few Minutes Then Go To The Dailer Screen.
    Follow The Steps In Order As Shown In Pics Below

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

10. After Pressing [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF From Last Pic Wait Exactly 30 Seconds Then
    Press The Menu Button Key On The Phone And Select Back Option, This Will Take You Back To NETWORK LOCK screen.
    Do Not Press The Physical Capacitive "Back" Button Key On The Phone.

11. From the "NETWORK LOCK" screen Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
    You Should Receive PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL If Having A Non-accepted Sim Card Inserted, If Not Wait Exactly One Minute And Then Reboot The Phone.
    Should Now Be Unlocked, Test W/a Previous Non-accepted SIM Card. Not Unlocked Then Try Procedure Again.

12. Restoring Your Backup.
    Flash The Radio You Had B4 from step #3, Do This Twice W/out Cable Plugged In, Then Restore Your Backup From Within Recovery And Check To See If Sim Is Connecting To Your Network Carrier.

13. For Phone Working On Another Carrier Read The Radio Section From The 1stop Sticky

14. Q. Will I Lose My Unlock If Flashing A Rom, Kernel, Radio, Restoring To Stock, Etc.
    A. NO. The Only Way To Restore The Lock Is If You Restore Your Original Locked Efs You Created From Step #2.
    Those links to the ROM and Modem link to the wrong files it appears. Are you able to fix this?
    weird, fixed
    Am thinking of getting an unlocked one.. I had an imei erased o ce on galaxy ace.. Is there a way to back up imei just in case??
    afaik its in the efs partition, maybe some else will confirm
    howto backup/restore efs
    I tought it was a one click procedure.. I sont know what adb is. I know is a command thingy.. I used terminal once.. I really dont understand command stuff. If i use terminal i have to compyall the 4 commands lines. And paste them on terminal.. One by one or all at the same time... I have to use those lines..
    To restore it has an example.. Do i have to do the same for each comand line.. If its the same lines that would back up and restore. They should have the restore commands complete. Its pita to do on cell..

You can do it from a command prompt on your pc. You don't have to do it from a terminal on your phone. With you phone booted up and connected to your pc's usb. Just issue the command:

adb shell

Then follow the rest of the commands, one line at a time with a return after each command.

You'll need adb on your pc. Google 15 second adb install xda.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    The beginning of your post is way too funny. Thanks for taking your time to make it easier for people.
    I used the OTHER Original thread and although it wasn't as informative, it was very easy to do.
    I did mine in the first go, but I did not dump the original EFS. No big deal.
    I also turned SHA256 back to ON before you Flash another ROM and Modem. Not sure if it was needed but I did it anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Hey, maybe it's dumb question , maybe it's not , but can i use this way to unlock any other phone? Or it's just for skyrocket?

You need the Proper stock rooted ROM and Radio for THAT OTHER phone, however the procedure itself is not much different.