[TUT][Script]v6 Supercharger and Kick Ass Kernelizer script WORKS

Search This thread

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011
Hello. The supercharger script by zep worked great on my galaxy ace. Now, has anyone been able to use it with the tab+? I think it would be a huge help to remove kauncher redraws and in improving the battery life. Do you guys think it would work on our tab? Our brothers from the gtab 10.1 were able to use it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256796&page=24

EDIT. 12/29/2011

Okay. Since no one bothered to reply, i took the risk and applied the script. To cut to the chase, IT WORKS. There are no launcher redraws and my tab sure feels a lot smoother. I also have 400 used RAM instead of 600 after a restart. Not to mention, i now have 6037 AnTuTu benchmark score as opposed to the 5700 that i got before supercharging.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT. 12/31/2011

EDIT. 02/02/12

(I updated the versions to their latest in accordance with zepp's latest released scripts. supercharger 5.2 and KAK 3.1. The steps to be followed are still the same.)

If anyone wants to try, here are the steps that i followed.

BUT first things first.

CREDIT GOES TO zeppelinrox FOR HIS GREAT WORK ON THIS SCRIPT.
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK mroneeyedboh FOR THE STEPS HE PROVIDED OVER THE GTAB 10.1 FORUMS.

Original supercharger thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
GTAB 10.1 supercharger guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256796
P6200 CWM and Root by garyd http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392348

***You MUST be rooted and have busybox 1.18.2 or upper (I have 1.19.3)***

So let's cut to the chase!

DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING.
v6 Supercharger script U9 RC5.2 http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=877591&d=1327834355
Script Manager https://market.android.com/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager&feature=search_result

Zepp's original post with the log changes http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

1. Save the supercharger script anywhere on your storage
  2. Run Script Manager and press Browse as Root (the one under Install). When the SU dialog appears press allow.
  3. While on Script Manager, browse to where you save the supercharger script click it
  4. A new window would appear. Press the "Su" icon under the Run button at the upper left hand corner. Press Run.
  5. A lot of codes would appear. Some sort of system check bla bla bla. Just a little patience...
  6. "Press Return Key... and Come Get Some!!" would appear. DON'T PRESS THE RETURN KEY. Press anywhere and press any key and then press enter.
  7. You would then see a lot of options 1-31. Please enter number 9.
  8. It would now run the setting we chose. Like lowmemkiller values, OOM groupings, Kernel/Mem Tweaks, etc..
  9. If an option to not use Build.prop appears, cause it might cause boot loops, then allow the creation of local.prop (i think. i can't remember). Just follow your heart. haha
  10. Press the back soft key. "Script is running. What do you want?" Choose Kill.
  11. Since we're all using stock ROMs (for the moment), press the back soft key until you reach the ROOT directory. Then open the Data folder and click on the 99Supercharger.sh
  12. Then under the Run button, press the icon for Su and Boot. This would automate the supercharger script upon boot. Then press run and then kill the script.
  13. Run the first script again (yup the one from Step 1). and now, choose option number 30. It would now super clean the system and restart.
  14. DONE! Feel the difference!

If I missed anything, please inform me.

You could also install the Kick Ass Kernel Tweaks (KAK) from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021. Get the update 3 RC3.1

KAK Direct Download http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=877590&d=1327834355

IMPORTANT!!!!! Just follow the steps from above and be sure not to apply the IO Tweak as it is very unstable and might cause boot loop

Then using step number 11, navigate to 98KickAssKernelizer.sh and make it run upon boot.

Reboot your device and DONE!

Based on MY observations, here are the changes that I noticed.

• Completely no launcer redraws (wherein the widgets disappear and appear. it's like refreshing in windows), I'm using the default Touchwiz UX.
  • There is no delay with the Task Switcher. (the third soft key) Before applying the script, I had like 1-1.5 second delay with it. Now it only has 0.5 or so.
  • The RAM usage is stable at 530-570. Compared to 660 before supercharging
  • The best part about this script is that multi-tasking has been easier. Jumping from one app to another is now a breeze. Applications start faster than before.

The thing is, our tablet is already blessed with great hardware which is why it is already fast and smooth to begin with. BUT, there is always room for improvements. FACT.

BR

Attachments

• capture_03.jpg
    capture_03.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • capture_02.jpg
    capture_02.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,083
Last edited:

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
Interesting find. Would you mind sharing the installation process. From the original post seems quite easy, but on the 10.1 tread it looks way more complicated.
P_

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
just tried it, enabling the 99supercharger.sh and 98kickasskernel.sh at boot threw me into a boot loop. it said to make sure to enable at boot, so i did. will give it another try or just manually add custom lines to build.prop ..

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011
just tried it, enabling the 99supercharger.sh and 98kickasskernel.sh at boot threw me into a boot loop. it said to make sure to enable at boot, so i did. will give it another try or just manually add custom lines to build.prop ..

really? I wonder why. I did not encounter any boot loop. Could you check my steps that i just posted and compare it with the steps that you did?

Also, what busybox version did you use?

I think it's with the KAK Tweak. Maybe you applied the IO scheduler?

as quoted from zeppelinrox
Updated August 1: Added Kick Ass Kernel Tweak Installer but without io scheduler tweaks. Use this new script if you try the regular Kick Ass Kernel Tweak Installer and get a boot loop! (My apologies to those that got the boot loops )

SOURCE: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15948434&postcount=1127

Last edited:

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
And you think that I would wait for tutorial or tester to try it out :D:D:D !?!?!
OK, I did the following :
1) downloaded the script and put it in the sd card ( not external sd ) root
2) downloaded and installed script manager
3) run the SM and selected the script
4) selected run as root and hit the RUN
5) selected 1 as scrolling speed
6) selected 9 ( MegaRam 2 )
7) selected 17 = Exit
8) broswed back to ../data and selected the 99supercharger.sh file
9) selected the run as root and run at boot option
10) Save and Exit the SM
11) Rebooted

All fine ( I mean no bootloop ) but to be quite honest NOTHING changed in terms of performance. I double checked that the script was run at boot and it did, since the values have been changed.
But the benchmarks are the same and the tab seems lagging as usual.
Also the amount of free RAM have not changed from previous stock configuration.
I fear that the main problem is GoLauncher, that seems to have slowed down the tab even more after the last update.

P_

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

just tried it, enabling the 99supercharger.sh and 98kickasskernel.sh at boot threw me into a boot loop.

What do U mean by boot loop, and how did you get out of it ?
P_

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011
And you think that I would wait for tutorial or tester to try it out :D:D:D !?!?!
OK, I did the following :
1) downloaded the script and put it in the sd card ( not external sd ) root
2) downloaded and installed script manager
3) run the SM and selected the script
4) selected run as root and hit the RUN
5) selected 1 as scrolling speed
6) selected 9 ( MegaRam 2 )
7) selected 17 = Exit
8) broswed back to ../data and selected the 99supercharger.sh file
9) selected the run as root and run at boot option
10) Save and Exit the SM
11) Rebooted

All fine ( I mean no bootloop ) but to be quite honest NOTHING changed in terms of performance. I double checked that the script was run at boot and it did, since the values have been changed.
But the benchmarks are the same and the tab seems lagging as usual.
Also the amount of free RAM have not changed from previous stock configuration.
I fear that the main problem is GoLauncher, that seems to have slowed down the tab even more after the last update.

P_

Hmmm.. Maybe it's because we have different applications installed, settings, etc. With my experience, there are some very noticeable changes.

• Completely no launcer redraws (wherein the widgets disappear and appear. it's like refreshing in windows), I'm using the default Touchwiz UX.
  • There is no delay with the Task Switcher. (the third soft key) Before applying the script, I had like 1-1.5 second delay with it. Now it only has 0.5 or so.
  • The best part about this script is that multi-tasking has been easier. Jumping from one app to another is now a breeze. Applications start faster than before.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I think it may hav had to do with changing the I/O tweaks from local.prop to build.prop, it said it was dangerous. after reboot about 20 sec or so SuperUser toast says script manager was granted root permissions, meaning the 98/99.sh scripts were loaded. I didnt run the v6script at boot. after about the 3rd reboot, I had time to go into app drawer and quickly drag uninstall and it stopped constant reboot.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
tried the instructions in the OP and i can confirm this works on my P6200 and solved a lot of the lag I had.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
Hmm, I had originally used the V8 version . I have uncharged, wiped the cache and recharged it with RC4 9V . But still the same. I do not see any difference from the original performances and the Antutu Benchmark gives pretty much the same results as before. I was hoping my tab would fly out of my hands after this hack ......... but not really :(
Curious to read about others, it looks like we have only 3 brave souls so far :D:D:D
P_

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011
Hmm, I had originally used the V8 version . I have uncharged, wiped the cache and recharged it with RC4 9V . But still the same. I do not see any difference from the original performances and the Antutu Benchmark gives pretty much the same results as before. I was hoping my tab would fly out of my hands after this hack ......... but not really :(
Curious to read about others, it looks like we have only 3 brave souls so far :D:D:D
P_

Haha yeah. And I am hoping that there would be more brave souls in the Development Section. :D

What score did you get in the Antutu Benchmark?

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
5648/5804/5727 three consecutive tests.
uncharged everything and got back to stock config : 5654/5841/5708 :confused:

After uncharging I still got left a 1000HP Super-(6,12,200,220,240,275).sh file in ../data

P_

Last edited:

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
I am giving it another shot :D.
The only noticeable difference is that the amount of available RAM is always around 300 mb. BUT this also tend to decrease ( sometimes to 100 ) with extended use. With stock configuration I'd have 100/250 available, with the system bumping it up to about 300 when it was going lower than 100.
As for the quick access button, it's definitely snappier when you turn the device on, but it goes back to about 1 sec after a while.

alexlau299

May 27, 2008
I have a P6200 and applied the script, look smooth then before applied the script. Thanks for the instruction

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm currently suggesting that people do NOT use this script.

There are bugs in the GT-P62x0 kernel(s) that can (and do) cause kernel panics. Under normal circumstances, those panics would cause your tablet to simply reboot.

However, this "supercharger" script overrides a kernel parameter and prevents the kernel from rebooting on a panic, instead forcing it into an infinite loop. Instead of the bug rebooting your tablet, it causes your tablet to be frozen (if the screen is off, it appears to be a so-called sleep of death.)

To make matters worse, if this situation occurs when the tablet is running on battery power (not plugged in), then the infinite loop will completely deplete your tablet's battery (which can harm it.)

Take care
Gary

Reactions: GTOJim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. The supercharger script by zep worked great on my galaxy ace. Now, has anyone been able to use it with the tab+? I think it would be a huge help to remove kauncher redraws and in improving the battery life. Do you guys think it would work on our tab? Our brothers from the gtab 10.1 were able to use it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256796&page=24

EDIT. 12/29/2011

Okay. Since no one bothered to reply, i took the risk and applied the script. To cut to the chase, IT WORKS. There are no launcher redraws and my tab sure feels a lot smoother. I also have 400 used RAM instead of 600 after a restart. Not to mention, i now have 6037 AnTuTu benchmark score as opposed to the 5700 that i got before supercharging.

EDIT. 12/31/2011

EDIT. 02/02/12

(I updated the versions to their latest in accordance with zepp's latest released scripts. supercharger 5.2 and KAK 3.1. The steps to be followed are still the same.)

If anyone wants to try, here are the steps that i followed.

BUT first things first.

CREDIT GOES TO zeppelinrox FOR HIS GREAT WORK ON THIS SCRIPT.
    I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK mroneeyedboh FOR THE STEPS HE PROVIDED OVER THE GTAB 10.1 FORUMS.

Original supercharger thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    GTAB 10.1 supercharger guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256796
    P6200 CWM and Root by garyd http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392348

***You MUST be rooted and have busybox 1.18.2 or upper (I have 1.19.3)***

So let's cut to the chase!

DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING.
    v6 Supercharger script U9 RC5.2 http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=877591&d=1327834355
    Script Manager https://market.android.com/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager&feature=search_result

Zepp's original post with the log changes http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

1. Save the supercharger script anywhere on your storage
    2. Run Script Manager and press Browse as Root (the one under Install). When the SU dialog appears press allow.
    3. While on Script Manager, browse to where you save the supercharger script click it
    4. A new window would appear. Press the "Su" icon under the Run button at the upper left hand corner. Press Run.
    5. A lot of codes would appear. Some sort of system check bla bla bla. Just a little patience...
    6. "Press Return Key... and Come Get Some!!" would appear. DON'T PRESS THE RETURN KEY. Press anywhere and press any key and then press enter.
    7. You would then see a lot of options 1-31. Please enter number 9.
    8. It would now run the setting we chose. Like lowmemkiller values, OOM groupings, Kernel/Mem Tweaks, etc..
    9. If an option to not use Build.prop appears, cause it might cause boot loops, then allow the creation of local.prop (i think. i can't remember). Just follow your heart. haha
    10. Press the back soft key. "Script is running. What do you want?" Choose Kill.
    11. Since we're all using stock ROMs (for the moment), press the back soft key until you reach the ROOT directory. Then open the Data folder and click on the 99Supercharger.sh
    12. Then under the Run button, press the icon for Su and Boot. This would automate the supercharger script upon boot. Then press run and then kill the script.
    13. Run the first script again (yup the one from Step 1). and now, choose option number 30. It would now super clean the system and restart.
    14. DONE! Feel the difference!

If I missed anything, please inform me.

You could also install the Kick Ass Kernel Tweaks (KAK) from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021. Get the update 3 RC3.1

KAK Direct Download http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=877590&d=1327834355

IMPORTANT!!!!! Just follow the steps from above and be sure not to apply the IO Tweak as it is very unstable and might cause boot loop

Then using step number 11, navigate to 98KickAssKernelizer.sh and make it run upon boot.

Reboot your device and DONE!

Based on MY observations, here are the changes that I noticed.

The thing is, our tablet is already blessed with great hardware which is why it is already fast and smooth to begin with. BUT, there is always room for improvements. FACT.

BR
    RC5 Update will change panic to 30 instead of 0

Besides, before the sky falls and hits you in the head, there is the unkernelize option
    I'm currently suggesting that people do NOT use this script.

There are bugs in the GT-P62x0 kernel(s) that can (and do) cause kernel panics. Under normal circumstances, those panics would cause your tablet to simply reboot.

However, this "supercharger" script overrides a kernel parameter and prevents the kernel from rebooting on a panic, instead forcing it into an infinite loop. Instead of the bug rebooting your tablet, it causes your tablet to be frozen (if the screen is off, it appears to be a so-called sleep of death.)

To make matters worse, if this situation occurs when the tablet is running on battery power (not plugged in), then the infinite loop will completely deplete your tablet's battery (which can harm it.)

Take care
    Gary
    At least all the flames and insults bumped up the thread :D.
    I was one of the few curious user that gave it a try. Despite other positive user's comment I never really felt that the script was improving anything. Tried a couple of times, to eventually delete everything (did not even bother to mess with the Kernel) .
    Gary has been clear enough to dismiss the KAK ( I believe ) . But I would like to read his and Entropy opinion on the supercharger script itself. I'd be interested in knowing from a conceptual standpoint if the script is valid or not. I'd like to know if he agrees or not with the theory that the default memory management is faulty and that can be improved. If, after all, the idea of a better memory management is valid, the same script could be improved or tailored to better fit the tab.
    By the way I think that the gt7+ is a wonderful machine and speedy enough to not even bother about speed improvement.
    P_
    But I would like to read his and Entropy opinion on the supercharger script itself.
    My honest opinion?

Interesting question. I try so hard to keep my opinions to myself. ;)

From the standpoint of what it is and might also be doing with kernel params, it's A Bad Thing, a Scary Thing, and reminds me of all the worst qualities of development. Again - this is only from the "kernel" standpoint.

From the standpoint outside of the kernel, I haven't taken the time to investigate it, and therefore can't have a valid opinion. It may or may not be doing good or bad things in terms of the dalvik VM memory management. Even if I studied the script, I'd have to follow that with quite a bit of time getting up to speed on that particular layer of android.

(I'm sure some might take this as a way to try and attack me, but I freely admit what I don't know. There's no other way to learn.)

However, being I'm proficient with the kernel side of the world, and I see what I consider to be reckless changing of kernel parameters, I'd be paranoid that the same level of recklessness is/was used in the rest of the script.

Take care
    Gary