[ROM] Karbonn A9+/Flare ICS to JB {Tutorial} (Links Posted)

Search This thread

arunmcops

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2010
Bareilly
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I found the tutorial on Facebook. Took a risk for testing . Modified a bit to suite our needs. Credit goes to original developer.

If procedure not followed properly, it may brick your phone. Go ahead with your own risk.

Requirements: Win XP or Win 7 (all tools set to Win Xp Sp3 Compatibility & Run as Admin), Battery atleast 60%.

Required Files:

Use Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider,from attachments, in Windows 7 to enable test mode and install drivers without any problem.

Credits: Ako si Opaw, strik3r

Last edited:

arunmcops

Apr 20, 2010
Bareilly
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Procedure

1.Backup your ICS using Roadkill

Turn off your Flare, then press Volume down and power button at the same time. once you see the “ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD”, open roadkill and click on Store Image Tab, select the disk with 3.61GB, click browse and select the location where you want your backup to be saved, and click start. Once finish proceed to next step.

2. Saving IMEI, MAC ID and Serial Number

Write your IMEI1, IMEI2, Wi-Fi Mac, and Serial Number (S/N) in a piece of tissue paper. For MAC ID, turn on your Wi-Fi, and go to Settings > About Phone > Status. For IMEI just dial *#0000# in dial pad.

3. Backup NVRAM

1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe ,(Check Download Boot Loader for 1st run)
  2. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
  3. Connect phone thru microUSB cable (Note: Make sure there are no other USB Modem or phone connected to your computer except for Flare)
  4. Click BackUp_NV.
  5. Wait until back up is successful.

4. Download BP Firmware

1. Go to ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD” Mode (Power + Vol Down)
  2. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe. Click SELPATH select “BP Firmware” Folder.
  3. Connect phone thru a microUSB cable.
  4. Check Device Manager for "Qualcomm HS-Usb Diagnostics 9006" Com Port #.
  5. Look for "Qualcomm HS-Usb Diagnostics 9006" type the Com port # in EMMC Download Box. Click Download.
  6. Wait until download is successful (Usually it takes 6-12sec). Remove battery. (Do not Close EMMC Download. then proceed to next Step )

5. Download AP Firmware

1. Run QUALFAST2.0.5.exe. Click SELPATH, select AP firmware (“Stock JB Rom” Folder), Check Format Card & Userdata
  2. Go to Fastboot Mode or Green Screen Mode (Power + Vol Up)
  3. Click OK to start download then connect phone via a microUSB cable.
  4. Wait until download is successful. Remove battery.

6. Restore NVRAM Backup

1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe.
  2. Turn device ON. (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
  3. Click Restore_NV. Browse and select bak.qcn file. Connect phone thru microUSB cable.
  4. Wait until qcn restore is successful. (your IMEI 2 is Null & Wifi Mac Address is set to default. you need to write it again)

7. IMEI & Wi-Fi MAC Address Writing

1. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
  2. Locate your modem com port number (Go to Device Manager > Right-click “Tianyu HS-USB Android Modem 9025” > Properties > Advanced Tab > Advanced Port Settings > COM Port # (Ex. 10))
  3. Open Qualcomm_Modem_Tools_V1.1.2.exe and type com port #
  4. Write all your backup code, then click Write button. (In my case I have re-entered my IMEI1, IMEI2, S/N (Serial Number), Wi-Fi MAC)

Note: Every after successful entry of IMEI, the phone automatically restarts.

8. Rooting

1. Restart Device. Wait until it boot perfectly.
  2. Copy update.zip to internal memory.
  3. Reboot to recovery and update from internal sdcard.
  4. Reboot
  5. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Minimilised_MR

Feb 23, 2013
Hey, Can you help for Karbonn A21 too?? I mean can you change the ramdisk?? And provide a boot.img! Jelly Bean is booting but White screen problem. So I think we've to change the ramdisk of KA9 with the ICS Karbonn A21!! Please do the necessary changes and provide a boot.img??? Please :):)

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

ashishgamer

Jan 1, 2013
new delhi
Hey dude the official update of jelly bean for flatter has started rolling out. I was wondering if you could somehow get tort hands on it soi that even a15 and a21 users can benefit.

Sent from my A15 using xda app-developers app

theboleslaw

Oct 31, 2012
Dumaguete
o_O

Hey, Can you help for Karbonn A21 too?? I mean can you change the ramdisk?? And provide a boot.img! Jelly Bean is booting but White screen problem. So I think we've to change the ramdisk of KA9 with the ICS Karbonn A21!! Please do the necessary changes and provide a boot.img??? Please :):)

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

Dude kernel is device independent... ramdisk is folder positioning

Reactions: sanctumware

kornholic

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys I got a very strange problem.

I successully updated my a9+ to jelly bean, which worked for 3 days. Suddenly while charging my phone, it died. I saw the phone charge upto 93% and when checked later it was turned off. I tried to turn on the phone, fastloader and qpst download entry mode... nothing worked... I thought that there was some hardware malfunction..

Then I tried connecting the dead phone to PC and a device under Qualcomm HS-USB QD Loader 9008 got installed. I search google and came to know about tutorial where you could flash bootloader thorough QPST (Qualcomm Product Support Tool). I followed the tutorial but i received error "Cookie not available", which according to tutorial is not solvable.

I don't know the cause of this problem... Maybe it was eMMC internal flash failure without any fault on JB update... Or something that happened due to jelly bean update process and incompatiblity of the firmware with a9+..

Now my question is:
1. Is my phone eMMC flash damaged physically beyond any repair?
2. Or the service center guys can still access my eMMC flash and repair it?
3. If eMMC is damaged, can it be replaced or the entire board needs to be replace?

arunmcops

Apr 20, 2010
Bareilly
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey guys I got a very strange problem.

I successully updated my a9+ to jelly bean, which worked for 3 days. Suddenly while charging my phone, it died. I saw the phone charge upto 93% and when checked later it was turned off. I tried to turn on the phone, fastloader and qpst download entry mode... nothing worked... I thought that there was some hardware malfunction..

Then I tried connecting the dead phone to PC and a device under Qualcomm HS-USB QD Loader 9008 got installed. I search google and came to know about tutorial where you could flash bootloader thorough QPST (Qualcomm Product Support Tool). I followed the tutorial but i received error "Cookie not available", which according to tutorial is not solvable.

I don't know the cause of this problem... Maybe it was eMMC internal flash failure without any fault on JB update... Or something that happened due to jelly bean update process and incompatiblity of the firmware with a9+..

Now my question is:
1. Is my phone eMMC flash damaged physically beyond any repair?
2. Or the service center guys can still access my eMMC flash and repair it?
3. If eMMC is damaged, can it be replaced or the entire board needs to be replace?

I posted another thread for reviving the phone. Make sure u are on WinXP.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pancham864

Sep 8, 2011
Napoklu
3rd step not working for me... says Backup -nv failed

and can u make a zip file which can be flashed.... would be of great help for a lot of people.... but still great work... keep it up

leecorp

Jul 28, 2012
Ludhiana
cabuddies.in
Issue fixed now.
Just manually install karbon drivers first to creat a comport.
Arun you should add that step to your procedure for jb update.

I successfully update it and working awesome

Sent from my S100 using xda app-developers app

sam1skhan

May 12, 2013
i have karbonn A111 and same configuration to karbonn a9+

can i try to update using following method?

its also qualcomm 1.2 dual core, 512 ram

display is litle bigger

what u say ? can i go for it or it will go dead

sam1skhan

May 12, 2013
i seen some tutorial ,, still new to it. and committed to learn .

can u tell which library , or put a link for referance

thank you

br

skhan

(i done backup with roadkill n qcn backup is there for me)

Last edited:

pancham864

Sep 8, 2011
Napoklu
I didn't get u? what does karbon drives have to do with Backup_nv? Please can u explain the step properly

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Issue fixed now.
Just manually install karbon drivers first to creat a comport.
Arun you should add that step to your procedure for jb update.

I successfully update it and working awesome

I didn't get u? what is the connection b/w karbonn drivers and bavkup_nv?
Can u explain the steps in detail?//

leecorp

Jul 28, 2012
Ludhiana
cabuddies.in
It's not concern with backup_nv it requires you to when you install bp firmware and further steps. It requires comport.

pancham864

Sep 8, 2011
Napoklu
It's not concern with backup_nv it requires you to when you install bp firmware and further steps. It requires comport.

i downloaded karbon drivers from first post but can u tell me how to install them.
why is backup_nv is failing.... what is comport & how to get/do it?????
the com no. showing is 254... should i change it... if so where can i get correct no.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the tutorial on Facebook. Took a risk for testing . Modified a bit to suite our needs. Credit goes to original developer.

If procedure not followed properly, it may brick your phone. Go ahead with your own risk.

Requirements: Win XP or Win 7 (all tools set to Win Xp Sp3 Compatibility & Run as Admin), Battery atleast 60%.

Required Files:

Use Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider,from attachments, in Windows 7 to enable test mode and install drivers without any problem.

Credits: Ako si Opaw, strik3r
    Procedure

1.Backup your ICS using Roadkill

Turn off your Flare, then press Volume down and power button at the same time. once you see the “ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD”, open roadkill and click on Store Image Tab, select the disk with 3.61GB, click browse and select the location where you want your backup to be saved, and click start. Once finish proceed to next step.

2. Saving IMEI, MAC ID and Serial Number

Write your IMEI1, IMEI2, Wi-Fi Mac, and Serial Number (S/N) in a piece of tissue paper. For MAC ID, turn on your Wi-Fi, and go to Settings > About Phone > Status. For IMEI just dial *#0000# in dial pad.

3. Backup NVRAM

1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe ,(Check Download Boot Loader for 1st run)
    2. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
    3. Connect phone thru microUSB cable (Note: Make sure there are no other USB Modem or phone connected to your computer except for Flare)
    4. Click BackUp_NV.
    5. Wait until back up is successful.

4. Download BP Firmware

1. Go to ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD” Mode (Power + Vol Down)
    2. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe. Click SELPATH select “BP Firmware” Folder.
    3. Connect phone thru a microUSB cable.
    4. Check Device Manager for "Qualcomm HS-Usb Diagnostics 9006" Com Port #.
    5. Look for "Qualcomm HS-Usb Diagnostics 9006" type the Com port # in EMMC Download Box. Click Download.
    6. Wait until download is successful (Usually it takes 6-12sec). Remove battery. (Do not Close EMMC Download. then proceed to next Step )

5. Download AP Firmware

1. Run QUALFAST2.0.5.exe. Click SELPATH, select AP firmware (“Stock JB Rom” Folder), Check Format Card & Userdata
    2. Go to Fastboot Mode or Green Screen Mode (Power + Vol Up)
    3. Click OK to start download then connect phone via a microUSB cable.
    4. Wait until download is successful. Remove battery.

6. Restore NVRAM Backup

1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe.
    2. Turn device ON. (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
    3. Click Restore_NV. Browse and select bak.qcn file. Connect phone thru microUSB cable.
    4. Wait until qcn restore is successful. (your IMEI 2 is Null & Wifi Mac Address is set to default. you need to write it again)

7. IMEI & Wi-Fi MAC Address Writing

1. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
    2. Locate your modem com port number (Go to Device Manager > Right-click “Tianyu HS-USB Android Modem 9025” > Properties > Advanced Tab > Advanced Port Settings > COM Port # (Ex. 10))
    3. Open Qualcomm_Modem_Tools_V1.1.2.exe and type com port #
    4. Write all your backup code, then click Write button. (In my case I have re-entered my IMEI1, IMEI2, S/N (Serial Number), Wi-Fi MAC)

Note: Every after successful entry of IMEI, the phone automatically restarts.

8. Rooting

1. Restart Device. Wait until it boot perfectly.
    2. Copy update.zip to internal memory.
    3. Reboot to recovery and update from internal sdcard.
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy.
    Reserved one more.......
    Root Jelly Bean !

how to root?
    i have succesfully upgraded to jb but rooting i dont know pls explain

See Post one, there is a file named JB Root ! through this link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/7a6t7z2b2bzm017/Root.rar
    download it and move it to your internal or external memory and flash it through CWM Recovery ! Just it !

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Hey man,
    I successfully upgraded my A9+ to JB but then I encountered some problem! My phone wasn't recognizing any SIM card!! I turned off my phone to check if the problem is solved, but nothing happened! Whenever I tried to make a call from any SIM card; it kept on saying, "Turn Off Airplane Mode to Make a Call". Please help, buddy! I actually skipped the 3rd point where we have to make backup of NVRAM and that's why also skipped 6th point. Is that the problem?
    Right now I've downgraded my phone to ICS and everything is working as fine as before.
    Thanks in advance.

Flash Baseband files from Karbonn A7+ , extract the qcn file from the karbonn A7+ baseband zip file n restore it..

It worked for me ,but AIRTEL sim can't find network in sim 2 , other carrier sim cards work fine..

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium