[Q] Anyone have ethernet access for N7 LTE working yet?

Search This thread

AlexParx

Jan 21, 2009
Hi

I am trying to get ethernet access on the N7 LTE using a USB OTG cable and USB-Ethernet adapter. Has anyone had success with patching the stock images, or is there a development ROM that has this available.

Thanks

Alex

:cowboy:

AlexParx

Jan 21, 2009
Thanks, but it is still not working.

I have downloaded the N7 LTE patched boot image from the thread and flashed it. My N7 boots successfully but using the OTG cable + USB ethernet adapter the ethernet is not recognised (I am using a USB 2.0 ethernet adapter from the company 'Plugable')

I have also tried to extract, edit and repack an official rom, but I get an error during the repack stage. I am trying to use Android kitchen and cygwin.

So I am stuck. Help!

Last edited:

AlexParx

Jan 21, 2009
Update.

Using the patched boot image, then rooting, and then issuing the command 'dhcpcd eth0' in terminal I can browse the internet in Chrome. However GMail and Play store don't work connect correctly :(

Last edited:

AlexParx

Jan 21, 2009
Everything seems to work now except Youtube app.

Frustrating thing is that I have to connect to a wifi source, disconnect, and then ethernet works (I am not using a sim). If I dont connect first to wifi, the apps dont see the connection!

AlexParx

Jan 21, 2009
I went to use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app over ethernet and the device does not see a network! Would have thrown the device in the garbage disposal shute (if I had one).

Finally there is a solution to get ethernet working on the Nexus 7 2013 LTE with all apps without connecting to Wifi first and praying to the heavens. I found that installing the latest stable Cyanogen Rom works, so I can now use this needlessly hampered device for what I purchased it for.

Hope this saves someone some valuable time, unnecessarily wasted by ? at Goggle for reasons unfathomable.

Last edited: