[Q] Screen Mirroring

Search This thread

studentjunk

Sep 24, 2007
First question is does the tv do "all share cast" aka "screen mirroring".

The smart tv's only added the feature no more than 2 or 3 years ago. Post your model number and I'll check if you like.

I am assuming you have both devices on the same WiFi network.

On my tv, I just change the input to screen mirroring and it shows up the phone's list in the screen mirroring setting list.

There may be some settings on the tv that needs to be set, but I'll have to check later.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

xelanetloads

Dec 11, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Also remember if you guys are using the RDDT rom it will NOT work. I went to BestBuy and I had to flash stock kernel and run triangle away for it to connect to several TVs in the store. Infact I flashed my kernel right in front of a Samsung rep and downloaded triangle away and ran it. Was able to connect to any Samsung SmartTV as well as a few LG SmartTVs.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also this was FULL screen mirroring. Meaning everything I did on my phone was displayed to an audience of BestBuy customers.

Reactions: Robbie Doo

evoer

Jul 22, 2010
far far away
[/COLOR]Also this was FULL screen mirroring. Meaning everything I did on my phone was displayed to an audience of BestBuy customers.

Very cool

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Might keep in mind that even though Samsung states that Smart TV's manufactured in 2012 and later work with AllShare Cast screen mirroring not all the models are compatible without the additional hub. I have a Samsung UN46C6900VFXZA LED Smart TV which I believe was manufactured in 2012 and it does not have built-in compatibility with screen mirroring. I believe at that time it was only on the 7000 models and above. So I would need the extra AllShare Cast hub in order to do screen mirroring over WiFi. I chose to never purchase the hub because too many of the reviews were negative about the quality of the stream so I just use an HDMI cable.

Robbie Doo

Jan 3, 2011
SoCal
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Also remember if you guys are using the RDDT rom it will NOT work. I went to BestBuy and I had to flash stock kernel and run triangle away for it to connect to several TVs in the store. Infact I flashed my kernel right in front of a Samsung rep and downloaded triangle away and ran it. Was able to connect to any Samsung SmartTV as well as a few LG SmartTVs.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also this was FULL screen mirroring. Meaning everything I did on my phone was displayed to an audience of BestBuy customers.

Thank you for the info. And I was going crazy trying to activate the "Nearby Devices" with AllShare. It wouldn't turn on no matter what on my RDDT.
The Q is, is there going to be a work around on this on their next update?

xelanetloads

Dec 11, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The problem is the custom kernel. You would have to have a stock samsung kernel for allshare services to work period. On older devices like Note 2 and Galaxy S2 you need stock kernel plus triangle away. So it seems like a work around is not possible. But if you enjoy RDDT, just use the rom and flash a stock kernel like I did.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I'm starting to think the devs don't even care much about getting this to work with custom kernels. It has been years since allshare cast (screen mirroring) surfaced. Still, nothing. We are always forced to remain stock for these features to work. Some CM roms claim to have this feature working but I'm no witness to that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.