[Q&A][AOKP][4.4] AOKP Questions & Answers

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys I have an Att htc one x previously had ViperXL rom on it. I updated the TWRP to the one that supports 4.4. I am currently
S-OFF
HBOOT 2.14

and for some odd reason when I try to install the rom throught TRWP I get an error saying something about binary not matching up. Your help would be appreciated it!

Did you check the md5? We need to know exactly what error you're getting, "something about binary not matching" is just vague and doesn't contain any information that would allow us to help you.

Try upgrading your firmware to 2.15 Hboot

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I doubt the firmware has anything to do with it.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

shahp.jeet

Feb 11, 2014
Thats the error:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/v2.70_aokp_evita.....
Error flashing zip 'sdcard/v2.70_aokp...blah
Updating partition details...

Also updating to 2.15 didnt help

Last edited:

shahp.jeet

Feb 11, 2014
It worked haha I had to use custom recovery as you suggested from AOKP thread! One last question what is a good stable kernel for this ROM? I know there are two posted on the thread but out of those two which one would you recommend?

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
It worked haha I had to use custom recovery as you suggested from AOKP thread! One last question what is a good stable kernel for this ROM? I know there are two posted on the thread but out of those two which one would you recommend?

Asking which ROM/kernel is best/most stable isn't allowed so I can't answer that question, here's why. To say one ROM/kernel is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs and kernels free of charge. Just take a chance and flash one.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: raisage

shahp.jeet

Feb 11, 2014
Asking which ROM/kernel is best/most stable isn't allowed so I can't answer that question, here's why. To say one ROM/kernel is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs and kernels free of charge. Just take a chance and flash one.

Sent from my Evita

Anyhow cool ROM...two issues one is when I call someone I can't unlock my screen to cancel it or put it on speaker phone if I need to? Any remedies. Lastly is it possible to add widgets to the lock screen scroll?

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I tried clearing cache and data in the SMS but that did not work

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I titanium backed up omni switcher and flashed it from that ROM to this one. No issues so far

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
I tried clearing cache and data in the SMS but that did not work

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I titanium backed up omni switcher and flashed it from that ROM to this one. No issues so far

Did you try and use a third part sms app like Textra app from play store or hangouts?

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Anyhow cool ROM...two issues one is when I call someone I can't unlock my screen to cancel it or put it on speaker phone if I need to? Any remedies. Lastly is it possible to add widgets to the lock screen scroll?

It is possible to add widgets to lock screen. Go to settings-security and check enable widgets. Then use third party app such as Chronos or Dashclock.

velvel

Sep 1, 2009
Ottawa
Beautiful ROM and I am really happy someone is maintaining it. Somehow, on different phones and different Android versions, AOKP was always the most stable one for me.
Two things I do miss from CM is circle battery icon and expendable volume control (so you can view/control any volume by just pressing Vol+/- and selecting ...). Is there an easy way to have these, guess Xposed would help, but sounds like overkill...
New bootanimation looks great but it is not in v2.80, hope it will be in the next build.
Also, why we still do not have official AOKP builds? I know rohan said he was waiting for AOKP on KitKat to become stable, this looks pretty stable to me...

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Probably just me, but Chrome is marking 2.80 download on Copy as malware.

Not just you second report. I got a new download host. Sorry about abscence two eng111 essays and family matters. rom updates coming soon. I got someone to let me use a dev only hosting and will be using soon on next update.
@velvel these features are being added to roms the roms were aka Cyanogenmod and AOSP completely started over from scratch since moving from 4.3 to 4.4.

Reactions: velvel

yobbei

Feb 26, 2008
Toronto
Hi,

I am on Venom rom right now, how do I flash this? Do I need to downgrade my touchscreen firmware?

Please help.

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
I was running stock for a while since I was in correspondence with a potential new employer. I got the job, so I can finally get back to crack flashing! I was about to go back to AOKP, but I gave this a shot instead. I tried your first build, and must've been user error, but it was super laggy for me. This time around, couldn't be happier! Everything is snappy, and it has so many features that I didn't even bother installing Xposed.

One tiny little issue - blur effect on the lockscreen doesn't always stick. If I change the blur radius it will stick for a while, but then revert to a clear wallpaper after a few locks and unlocks. I use pattern security, if that matters. Like I said, very minor issue, and otherwise this ROM is stable and awesome!

Also, the blur effect looks very different on my phone as opposed to AICP 3.0 on my N7. On the tablet the blurring is very smooth, whereas the blur on your build is streaky or jagged looking (but still cool looking!). Is this something that was changed between v2.0 and v3.0, or is it a difference in GPUs? Just curious.

Thanks Tech! My phone feels new again ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (Flo) running AICP 3.0 and ElementalX 2.6.

velvel

Sep 1, 2009
Ottawa
Never understood why evita is not part of regular nightly AOKP 4.4 builds. Can someone please explain? Thx

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So is art not working on the current release? My ui crashed after I switch from dalvik to art...

Hmm thats odd what version? of the rom. Does anyone else have this issue? Also try to see if it happens by switching again. Did you do a clean install of the rom when you first started this rom?

Edit:: Sorry guys no worries didnt die. Time Waner Cable had messed up our wireless and TV cable. Thank goodness they came to fix it even on a Sunday. Took 3 calls for them to. Ill my college homework is online. :p But wifi is fxed nightlies will be back tonight!
    Much respect to you and your efforts! Also happy to see you put something together @Techinstein!
    You are awesome , no need to apologies !!!

Sent from my One xl

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

This is a cm screen shot ?!.....

Sent from my One xl

Thanks

Version 2.11 be uploaded and released in an hour or so. I am planning on adding Halo what do you guys think? Will be a 2 in 1 thread again once i have official version. >.-
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one because I don't use it.

Sent from my Evita