Glass screen protectors?

Search This thread

jrobin

Apr 8, 2010
I have also been searching for one. So far no luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.

Your first mistake was going into a Verizon store looking for anything. I can't count how many different ways Verizon makes their stores totally worthless.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
Well they list the accessories online at their website and it says available in their retail outlets so... just glad I don't actually purchase stuff from Verizon I suppose. ;)

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
People will say they don't exist. But I know for a fact that at one point last year they did. Best Buy or some store like that my friend in Indiana was able to buy a tempered glass protector for his droid maxx. I have searched high and low and made many calls, but no luck.

reggie14

May 29, 2010
At work I just got an iPhone, so I ordered a tempered glass screen protector to go with it.

I didn't see what the big deal was until I actually got it. This thing is great. I really wish someone sold one for the Droid Maxx. I'm sure it's too late now, though.