[APP][4.0+] Notifications Logger

Search This thread

cylon-u87

Jun 2, 2013
Notification Logger v1.6.3

I just released v1.6.3.

This version is mainly for lollipop users. Versions pre 1.6.3 are not working on lollipop.
Changelog:
- ask to enable the service in "Sound & notification" instead of "Security" on lollipop.
- on lollipop, the notifications logged were empty.
- use Material theme instead of Holo on lollipop.
- smaller APK for all users.

The APK is in the first post.

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
Possible to make a widget of this? Similar to what Notification Browser does by dupau

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notifications Logger is an app to record the notifications you receive soyou can read them later.

It's useful to:
    - find which apps sent you a notification
    - read truncated notifications
    - read notifications dismissed by error

Features:
    - record notifications and group them by apps or show them in chronological order.
    - can ignore notifications by apps and/or keywords.
    - auto-dismiss clearable notifications on android 4.3 or higher. Dismissed notifications are always logged.
    - show app info.
    - backup and restore saved notifications.

Usage:
    Android 4.0 to 4.2:
    - To start collecting notifications, go to system Settings->Accessibility, then enable accessibility and Notifications Logger service
    - To stop collecting notifications, just disable Notifications History service

Android 4.3 and higher:
    - To start collecting notifications, go to system Settings->Security->Notification access, then enable Notification logger
    - To stop collecting notifications, just disable Notifications Logger in Settings->Security->Notification access

Downloads: https://cyberneticlifeform.wixsite.com/cylonu87/legacy

Feedback, comments and bug reports are welcomed.

Permissions used:
    android.permission.BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE: to access the notification on android < 4.3

android.permission.INTERNET: required by ads network
    android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: required by ads network
    android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: required by ads network
    android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: required by ads network

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: export saved notifications

com.samsung.android.providers.context.permission.WRITE_USE_APP_FEATURE_SURVEY: required by the samsung store
    Thanks cylon. This is what I'm getting (attached image). I'd like it to be able to be arranged the other way around,if possible... Newest on top...

Best regards!

Carlos

The notifications list by app was indeed in chronological order. The global list is correct (in reverse order).

I uploaded v1.6.2 in the first post that fix that issue.
    Thank you. This version is working fine :)
    One thing I have noticed is that at "Dismiss Notifications" the text under "Apps" is the same as at "Log Notifications".
    One suggestion. Maybe a whitelist mode would be more handy where you can choose these apps that should be logged and not the other way arround

I'll do that in the next version.
    v1.6

The version 1.6 is added in the first post.
    It let you choose between 2 modes:
    • a black list mode: log the notifications of all apps except the apps in the black list
    • a white list mode: log the notifications of the apps in the white list only