Gorilla Glass screen so is a protector necessary?

Search This thread

victoram

Dec 7, 2011
Using for some months, and this screen NEVER SCRATCHES o_o, in the other side, the lateral housing bezel, is losing its paint lol

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
I trusted in gorilla glass, now I have one scratch on my 2x. Bought my screen protector from Brando, now waiting for it with a lot of careful until it arrives. :-\

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

CaptainHook8

Jul 26, 2011

D00mSlayer

Sep 28, 2011
Bangalore
Never used a scratch proof. Gorilla glass is the shizzz. Can't wait for gorilla glass 2.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

extreme79

Apr 5, 2011
Siena
Gorilla glass is a strong glass, but NOT a scratch proof glass. Every glass can't be scratched by metals (except cutters with a lot of pressure).. But minerals scratch glass and gorilla is not an exception. So.. Buy a glass protector.. Good glass protector and case. :)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

victoram

Dec 7, 2011
Mine got some scratches, i recommend using a protector, que lateral bezel is too weak either

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
I got my brando protector today. It's great, really invisible and look scratch resistant as announced.
it's washable, and the best is the instruction at the end! Lol
IMG_0009.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Last edited:

dhogthag

Feb 4, 2011
Metro Manila
I use a matte screen protector not for protecting my screen, but for my fingers to easily glide on it especially when playing games. I hate it when I get tensed and my fingers starts to get greasy and sweaty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Durable, yes, scratch proof, no. Even people that are gentle get scratches once in a while. If one grain of sand gets in your pocket with the phone you could end up with scratches. Do yourself a favor and get a good quality protector that you will never notice once its on. I use Steinheil protectors.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    You've got that completely backwards!

Sand/grit etc. is harder than the screen, that's why it can scratch it. Metal (keys etc) is softer (softer than non-Gorilla Glass even) so doesn't do anything. Makes for good YouTube videos though.
    Last time I listen to you guys.. few days without and I got a nice scratch.

Always use a protector and most importantly ignore the heros who talk up gorilla glass

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
    Gorilla works fine against metal, but sand scratches it easily. That's why I use screen protector.
    Gorilla Glass is tough, but it's not the indestructible thing a lot of people think it is. I still have the factory protector in place.