How to install apps in external SD Card

Search This thread

Definitus

Oct 26, 2010
Coimbra
Hi All,

I've two tablets and the internal free space in getting lower, I need to install apps directly on their external sd cards. How is it possible? All the "2SD" apps don't work.:(

Thank you all in advance :good:

zardoz99

Jul 26, 2010
Hi All,

I've two tablets and the internal free space in getting lower, I need to install apps directly on their external sd cards. How is it possible? All the "2SD" apps don't work.:(

Thank you all in advance :good:

You can't unless you root the tablet and use non standard software.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
If you are rooted and on a stock ROM or ROM not using JB 4.2 (Google changed the file structure again in JB 4.2), you may be abe to use zedomax's script that swaps the internal and external SD cards. Although it's long, I would suggest reading through the entire thread as glitches with the stock ROM update to JB 4.1.2 and work arounds are addressed later in the thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1857391&page=1

deeselcyde

Jan 20, 2013
I'm interested in this as well. I read a post on something called a directory bind...??? I guess that moves app data to the SD card. I currently have just over 9 gig of space left to fill (16gig model). Just put in a class 10 32gb card in last night to find out that app2sd does not work...

I read today that link2sd might work. Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet though.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
I'm interested in this as well. I read a post on something called a directory bind...??? I guess that moves app data to the SD card. I currently have just over 9 gig of space left to fill (16gig model). Just put in a class 10 32gb card in last night to find out that app2sd does not work...

I read today that link2sd might work. Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet though.

I tried link2sd and the other one mentioned in this thread with no luck.

I don't really want to do the the card swap method.

So........... if anyone has another way to store apps on a mico sdhc card that truly works, I'm in.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Found app that truly works

I finally found an app that truly transfers your app data to your "extSdCard" but you do need to have root.

The app is called "Directoryblind" and can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410262 and the most current file is DirectoryBind_0.2.0o.apk

The app has been out since 12-2011 with many updates since its release.

So I'm posting it on this Note 10.1 section as I have never seen it talked about in this section and I thought it may help someone else find this app.

Again it truly does work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found app that truly works

I finally found an app that truly transfers your app data to your "extSdCard" but you do need to have root.

The app is called "Directoryblind" and can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410262 and the most current file is DirectoryBind_0.2.0o.apk

The app has been out since 12-2011 with many updates since its release.

So I'm posting it on this Note 10.1 section as I have never seen it talked about in this section and I thought it may help someone else find this app.

Again it truly does work.

You can't unless you root the tablet and use non standard software.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

Really...... I was under the impression that it could not be done at all.

Please tell how as I would like to know also.

Thanks.