Can't down load update

Search This thread

Thewiskeydude

Jan 19, 2014
I have kingroot installed no custom rooms and software version 4.3. I have tried to update my software and it stops at about 25% every time. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You will have to do the Restore to MJ5 tutorial in the general section.

Root normally screws up the update.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
Root doesn't screw up the update- Kingo does. I was in your exact shoes.

I did the MJ5 restore, rooted, did the OTA update and then did step 10 again for root. Works perfectly. Then I did Drakey's GPS Fix and now everything works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Root doesn't screw up the update- Kingo does. I was in your exact shoes.

I did the MJ5 restore, rooted, did the OTA update and then did step 10 again for root. Works perfectly. Then I did Drakey's GPS Fix and now everything works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Root will mess up an update. Kingo roots the device, that is it.

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Root will mess up an update. Kingo roots the device, that is it.

Perhaps anecdotal, but I went in circles with Kingo. Couldn't unroot, couldn't update. Its method of rooting is not the same as other 'conventional' ways.

After restoring and rooting via the MJ5 restore process, I updated to NB4 with no issues. I didn't need RootCloak or anything of the sort. There are others. I haven't read of others successfully updating w/Kingo root. I could be wrong.

Thewiskeydude

Jan 19, 2014
I did remove the root using kingroot web site but the safestrap was still there. I could not up date the phone. So i reinstalled kingroot again and iam back to square one, a rooted phone but cant up date.

Reactions: macqueyl

Thewiskeydude

Jan 19, 2014
So here my problem like an idiot i tryed to unroot with out deleting any of the apps and programs (safeboot,titanium). So i had to to reroot and the safestrap is still there. I have dont see this file in application manager, but if i restart my safestrap comes up on my screen. Its safstrap 3.71 (twrp v2.6.31) i dont see a delete button.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So here my problem like an idiot i tryed to unroot with out deleting any of the apps and programs (safeboot,titanium). So i had to to reroot and the safestrap is still there. I have dont see this file in application manager, but if i restart my safestrap comes up on my screen. Its safstrap 3.71 (twrp v2.6.31) i dont see a delete button.

you need to reinstall safestrap then do what i wrote above

misterwright

need a guru

I have been buried in XDA threads for a few years trying to learn as much as I can (thanks for that by the way)

The title of this thread is Can't download update so I hope I am asking this in the right place.

Plus over time I have come to learn that jerrycoffman45 is damn good at this stuff...

First off when I go to the MEGA site (https://mega.co.nz/#!Hd1QnA7b!MV5i7du4oim9zKLArQl51tTYiymqIXMhaALsMjFHRyQ) to download the "Coming from JB" for KNOXRAID KITKAT ROM V5.1 it works normal until it gets to 99 percent.

I've tried it on all 4 of my computers with the same result = is there another way I can get it?

Secondly, after I install the AllianceROM (thank you RErick) and am setting it up, my phone starts playing the boot animation like it keeps restarting like every other minute or so.

I really want to use the AllianceROM and could not find anything related to this when searching the thread or the entire forum.

Any help would really be appreciated!!!

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Try using Internet Explorer or Chrome to download from Mega. It is a picky site.

Try to do a factory reset in the stock recovery. I have had to do that a few times right after installing a ROM to get it to boot properly.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have been buried in XDA threads for a few years trying to learn as much as I can (thanks for that by the way)

The title of this thread is Can't download update so I hope I am asking this in the right place.

Plus over time I have come to learn that jerrycoffman45 is damn good at this stuff...

First off when I go to the MEGA site (https://mega.co.nz/#!Hd1QnA7b!MV5i7du4oim9zKLArQl51tTYiymqIXMhaALsMjFHRyQ) to download the "Coming from JB" for KNOXRAID KITKAT ROM V5.1 it works normal until it gets to 99 percent.

I've tried it on all 4 of my computers with the same result = is there another way I can get it?

Secondly, after I install the AllianceROM (thank you RErick) and am setting it up, my phone starts playing the boot animation like it keeps restarting like every other minute or so.

I really want to use the AllianceROM and could not find anything related to this when searching the thread or the entire forum.

Any help would really be appreciated!!!

try downloading the mega app then downloaded it on your phone with that app now for alliance rom sounds like you might have a bad download if there is no md5 to check i try opening the zip on the computer usually if it is bad it will give a error if the download is good reread the op for the rom and make sure you are following the instructions to install the rom and this is not the right thread for this you should have started a new one if none of this works pm me
edit try what graydiggy said first

Reactions: misterwright

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I was going to suggest the mega app, but since he seems to be having trouble with booting, it was pointless to mention.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I was going to suggest the mega app, but since he seems to be having trouble with booting, it was pointless to mention.

@graydiggy yeah i seen that but i was hoping he had a backup he restored i am a dreamer i know but from his post he does read and research before he does stuff so i thought there was hope

misterwright

I don't want to be that guy...

try downloading the mega app then downloaded it on your phone with that app now for alliance rom sounds like you might have a bad download if there is no md5 to check i try opening the zip on the computer usually if it is bad it will give a error if the download is good reread the op for the rom and make sure you are following the instructions to install the rom and this is not the right thread for this you should have started a new one if none of this works pm me
edit try what graydiggy said first

I used to reed these threads and told myself that I would not waste the developers time with questions I could find the answer to my self...

That being said I did follow the instructions to the tee

I also tried creating a new fresh slot in safestrap and wiped it and flashed it a number of times following the examples given at different points of the threads

I have learned to follow the process that drakeymcmb has posted (wipe 3 times flash twice) on every install I do especially it its not working

I have 3 separate zip files downloaded to cover the corrupt file issue BUT I have not tried graydiggy's suggestion

If that does not work I will PM you if I figure out how to do that...

I try to give you as many thanks as I can and understand why people donate = you guys deserve it

Heck, I have paid good money for support as an IT manager and the techs were not as helpful as you guys are

One thing more, could you please direct me to the best thread to learn the proper protocols for XDA posting...

Thank you again

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I used to reed these threads and told myself that I would not waste the developers time with questions I could find the answer to my self...

That being said I did follow the instructions to the tee

I also tried creating a new fresh slot in safestrap and wiped it and flashed it a number of times following the examples given at different points of the threads

I have learned to follow the process that drakeymcmb has posted (wipe 3 times flash twice) on every install I do especially it its not working

I have 3 separate zip files downloaded to cover the corrupt file issue BUT I have not tried graydiggy's suggestion

If that does not work I will PM you if I figure out how to do that...

I try to give you as many thanks as I can and understand why people donate = you guys deserve it

Heck, I have paid good money for support as an IT manager and the techs were not as helpful as you guys are

One thing more, could you please direct me to the best thread to learn the proper protocols for XDA posting...

Thank you again

oh no you are doing very well i wish more noobs did what you do as for the rules they are in the very first thread in this section and to pm just click on my nickname and you will see the option

Last edited:

misterwright

XDA is the best

Just Google "XDA Forum Rules". It will be right there. :D

Thank you...

And hooray, I installed the MEGA app and the download died at 70 percent but I tried it again and it just completed

I'm in San Diego and the sun just set so I will have time to check it out

Oh, I'm downloading a fresh AllianceROM zip and will try your suggestion tomorrow

If you see some thanks coming from me from different places it is because of this

THANKS

Tom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you Gratdiggy and jerrycoffman45

Try using Internet Explorer or Chrome to download from Mega. It is a picky site.

Try to do a factory reset in the stock recovery. I have had to do that a few times right after installing a ROM to get it to boot properly.

Thanks guys

I did a new mj5
    then new slot
    then installed a fresh Alliance ROM zip file
    AND THEN did the rectory refresh like you said and WOW Great rom

Thanks to the both of you

Tom

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Thanks to the both of you

Tom[/QUOTE]

OH yeah, the only way I have ever been able to download from Mega was by following your advice and put Mega on my phone

LIFE IS GOOD once again thanks to you guys

Tom

@graydiggy yeah i seen that but i was hoping he had a backup he restored i am a dreamer i know but from his post he does read and research before he does stuff so i thought there was hope
    I did remove the root using kingroot web site but the safestrap was still there. I could not up date the phone. So i reinstalled kingroot again and iam back to square one, a rooted phone but cant up date.