[Rom] EXPERIMENTAL AOSP Gingerbread for CDMA Desire *New Build 12/27 w/ GPS*

Search This thread

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
All I have done here is compiled gingerbread from source by following the guide in the cyanogenmod wiki. I am not developing this, just compiling.

Odd_Sam said it best: "Just so everyone understands, this is a rom based off the developmental source code of CyanogenMod 7. OP is not a developer and has no plans to fix any issues that come up. This is more or less a sneak preview of CM 7. OP is just compiling the public source code for CM 7. Treat these "releases" as a "nightly" build. And just for clarification these builds will be experimental so do not report bugs in this thread or anywhere else. CM devs know what does and does not work."

3d acceleration, video camera and network location do not work.

Grab it here: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/update-cm-7-BravoC-1222710-gps.zip
google apps: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/gingerbread-gapps-hdpi-20101221.zip

it seems that its closer to AOSP than CM at this point, while I compiled it with the cyanogen bits, it seems there aren't many cyanogen commits for gingerbread yet, so things like the power control widgets in the notification bar and the cyanogenmod settings menu are missing.

The 3d acceleration is due to a missing library and will likely not be fixed until after the N1 gingerbread OTA drops.

I haven't posted any newer builds because there is more stuff broken compared to this build.

Attachments

• snap20101223_144912.png
    snap20101223_144912.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,188
  • snap20101224_090437.jpg
    snap20101224_090437.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 799
  • snap20101224_090314.jpg
    snap20101224_090314.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 948
  • snap20101224_090406.jpg
    snap20101224_090406.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 758
  • snap20101224_090329.jpg
    snap20101224_090329.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
looking through the rom, it seems that its closer to AOSP than it CM at this point, while I compiled it with the cyanogen bits, it seems there simply aren't many cyanogen commits for gingerbread yet, so things like the power control widgets in the notification bar and the cyanogenmod settings menu are missing.

installing google apps results in boot loop.

Last edited:

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
I do not have a gsm desire for testing, and secondly there are ALREADY gingerbread roms for the gsm desire. I mainly did this because I was tired of CDMA being left out of the gingerbread fun.

if you want gingerbread on your GSM desire go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829734

if you want to you can do a build yourself the way I did, I followed this guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compile_CyanogenMod_for_Bravo

when you do the repo init change -b froyo to -b gingerbread
you gonna make one for GSM Desire ?

Last edited:

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
you GSM users are not missing anything. While I built this as a CM build, at this point its pretty much straight AOSP. besides the boot logo the only thing cyanogen about it is the kernel. I changed the thread title to better reflect that.

I am familiar with compiling cyanogenmod, never tried doing straight AOSP and couldn't find a guide, so thats why the build is as it is.

The cdma crowd had nothing at all in the way of a gingerbread rom posted here or elsewhere i could find on the internets.

Reactions: DevilDogAK

lohp75

May 9, 2010
Kenai
You are doing awesome bud even trying to bring something together for the cdma crowd bro! You need to add IN BIG letters on the thread post, NOT FOR GSM YOU HAVE YOUR OWN, ****ERS!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! :p

Merry Christmas every body!!!!!!
Sent from my Desire CDMA using XDA App

Reactions: ipfreelytech

DevilDogAK

Oct 4, 2009
Juneau, AK
CM 7

Great work with the update! I couldn't get my contacts to sync. I attempted to import the contacts in vCard to no avail. I didn't play around with it much but look forward to future updates. Happy holidays!

goz5000

Sep 8, 2010
Thanks for trying tip bring us a new rom,i wish others devs would do so too, what we cdma guys only have have 3 roms at the moment and the are all based on CM I believe. I would like to see oxygen and or villain ports to cdma

Just saying lol

JeremyLeroy96

Oct 11, 2010
Good to see the CDMA Desire get a gingerbread ROM.

I felt like I was getting left out :O

Question though.... are you going to be fixing the issues like 3D Acceleration, or did you just compile this?

Last edited:

Odd_Sam

Aug 18, 2010
Roanoke, VA
So just so everyone understands, this is a rom based off the developmental source code of CyanogenMod 7. OP is not a developer and has no plans to fix any issues that come up. This is more or less a sneak preview of CM 7. OP is just compiling the public source code for CM 7. Treat these "releases" as a "nightly" build. And just for clarification these builds will be experimental so do not report bugs in this thread or anywhere else. CM devs know what does and does not work.

Reactions: ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
Thank you, I tried very hard to get that point across, but I suspect people don't always read everything. Nightly is exactly what they are, every night I sync the repo and build.

Edited the OP to include a quote of your post.

So just so everyone understands, this is a rom based off the developmental source code of CyanogenMod 7. OP is not a developer and has no plans to fix any issues that come up. This is more or less a sneak preview of CM 7. OP is just compiling the public source code for CM 7. Treat these "releases" as a "nightly" build. And just for clarification these builds will be experimental so do not report bugs in this thread or anywhere else. CM devs know what does and does not work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All I have done here is compiled gingerbread from source by following the guide in the cyanogenmod wiki. I am not developing this, just compiling.

Odd_Sam said it best: "Just so everyone understands, this is a rom based off the developmental source code of CyanogenMod 7. OP is not a developer and has no plans to fix any issues that come up. This is more or less a sneak preview of CM 7. OP is just compiling the public source code for CM 7. Treat these "releases" as a "nightly" build. And just for clarification these builds will be experimental so do not report bugs in this thread or anywhere else. CM devs know what does and does not work."

3d acceleration, video camera and network location do not work.

Grab it here: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/update-cm-7-BravoC-1222710-gps.zip
    google apps: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/gingerbread-gapps-hdpi-20101221.zip

it seems that its closer to AOSP than CM at this point, while I compiled it with the cyanogen bits, it seems there aren't many cyanogen commits for gingerbread yet, so things like the power control widgets in the notification bar and the cyanogenmod settings menu are missing.

The 3d acceleration is due to a missing library and will likely not be fixed until after the N1 gingerbread OTA drops.

I haven't posted any newer builds because there is more stuff broken compared to this build.
    I just compiled myself this morning to :) I didn't pull down yours yet but if you want to add some working gApps I put together an update.zip for it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/If_iDTQq/ginger_gApps.html
    Nice, thanks, will try it right now :) marry Christmas
    you GSM users are not missing anything. While I built this as a CM build, at this point its pretty much straight AOSP. besides the boot logo the only thing cyanogen about it is the kernel. I changed the thread title to better reflect that.

I am familiar with compiling cyanogenmod, never tried doing straight AOSP and couldn't find a guide, so thats why the build is as it is.

The cdma crowd had nothing at all in the way of a gingerbread rom posted here or elsewhere i could find on the internets.
    You are doing awesome bud even trying to bring something together for the cdma crowd bro! You need to add IN BIG letters on the thread post, NOT FOR GSM YOU HAVE YOUR OWN, ****ERS!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! :p

Merry Christmas every body!!!!!!
    Sent from my Desire CDMA using XDA App