HTC Sense 4.0 [Pics & Video]

Search This thread

Solar_

Aug 29, 2011
I love the new ImageSense feature in Sense 4.0. I also love the One S his processor. S4-Krait!

And ofcourse the max. 60fps 1080p video recording with video stabilizing.

I want the One S so badly.. it's slim, nice, fast and awesome. But I only have this Sensation XE for 4 months and with a 2 years plan.

Reactions: zukа

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
I love the new ImageSense feature in Sense 4.0. I also love the One S his processor. S4-Krait!

I want the One S so badly.. it's slim, nice, fast and awesome. But I only have this Sensation XE for 4 months and with a 2 years plan.

I don't know how its over there but can't you sell the XE, keep the plan.. buy the 1S (no plan) and be one happy guy :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Solar_

Aug 29, 2011
I don't know how its over there but can't you sell the XE, keep the plan.. buy the 1S (no plan) and be one happy guy :)

Hey yeah that's smart. Then I have to buy a SIM-free One S.

I want ittttt.
But.. if it had a 720p screen.. I would be in the upperheaven.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Gosh.. i feel bad for ya! I guess ppl will import from EU now... (thats what i would do)

no way i'd take that S4 with LTE over the terga 3 any day of the week. 28nm > 40nm big time also LTE integrated is huge.

put most the info gathered from the event in my thread over in the 3D section btw.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23002938

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

ImageSense was the highlight of the whole thing imho. the improvements they made int he camera and lens they are going to be using should make the camera 100x better than it is now. imho

personally im just not a fan of the built in battery and no SD card as I like having a backup safety net for info in case say my phone gets fried in water or bricks, I still have my Sd card. yeah syncing with the cloud everything would help but that would kill my battery doing it or be time consuming to do it on my computer freq enough to be worth it.

renehd2

Nov 2, 2010
Androidpolis
The 3d multitasking that wasnt mentioned

I think it looks more beautiful than the stock one, or not guys?? ;)

Attachments

• ccdd.png
    ccdd.png
    147 KB · Views: 188

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
I think it looks more beautiful than the stock one, or not guys?? ;)

+1! much better!
HTC needs to do something with the appdrawer. cannot keep the plain right/left thing. WE NEED ANIMATIONS! either card-like, box like, 3d like - or in the same style as in settings (one following the other)

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
Hey yeah that's smart. Then I have to buy a SIM-free One S.

I want ittttt.
But.. if it had a 720p screen.. I would be in the upperheaven.

just to remember ppl, SGS2 did only have 800x480 and ppl are not complaining that much about it as long as it got a good screen in general. qHD is good enough!
really it doesent to much difference, just the name "720p HD"

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh

EDIT:
never mind engadget is all over the place with specs and can't get their s##t together. anandtech confirmed it was S4 and i trust them more than any other blog. it has the MSM8260A in it evidently.

Last edited:

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City
just to remember ppl, SGS2 did only have 800x480 and ppl are not complaining that much about it as long as it got a good screen in general. qHD is good enough!
really it doesent to much difference, just the name "720p HD"

because for the most part, samoled+ is playing tricks with the users eyes lol.

to me, samoled+ pushes the contrast too hard, though others swear that its just how the colors are meant to be

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
So did I read corrctly that the x one will feature hspa+ so it will be T-Mobile 4g? Kind of like the gsm version of the galaxy nexus

Sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

ced357

Feb 13, 2009
BZH
What i don't like after one test of sense 4:

-I prefer the precedent clock widget... Why do they put a new one without get the last ???
-Where is carroussel effect ??? There is a long time i made wish to htc that we can put more than 7 home on screen...

Does my Sensation my last HTC... Not possible, but sense 3.6 is amazing...

monkey29992

Nov 5, 2011
Singapore
twitter.com
I personally LOVE the new camera app... Can't wait for the official update. Also, I feel like the HTC One S is like the HTC One "Sensation" as in the specs are similar and even the design is kind of similar :D

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
I personally LOVE the new camera app... Can't wait for the official update. Also, I feel like the HTC One S is like the HTC One "Sensation" as in the specs are similar and even the design is kind of similar :D

Specs might seem similar.. but basic stuff like processor, camera, screen etc have been massively improved!

Only thing about one S that I don't like is the ugly camera in the back! Why does it have to pop out that much?
Look at iPhone... Is all build in, much nicer!

monkey29992

Nov 5, 2011
Singapore
twitter.com
Hmmm any predicaments that HTC might release the new sense 4.0 for sensation soon?

According to HTC's Facebook page the update will come with the LATEST Sense version, and since they've already unfolded Sense 4 on the HTC One Series, it is most likely that the update will include Sense 4. I'm just wondering how big the update will be and how the update procedure will be like (will apps and data be saved, and stuffs like that, since this is going to be quite a huge update)

Reactions: Hawke84

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
According to HTC's Facebook page the update will come with the LATEST Sense version, and since they've already unfolded Sense 4 on the HTC One Series, it is most likely that the update will include Sense 4. I'm just wondering how big the update will be and how the update procedure will be like (will apps and data be saved, and stuffs like that, since this is going to be quite a huge update)

Any link? Haven't seen any such announcements, either on FB or on Twitter... Hope its true!

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City

-Latest Sense currently is 3.5.
-Official ICS for Sensation rolls out around end of March.
-HTC One series will only be available in the market on April.

By your meaning of "Latest" I'd guess its the Sense 3.5 version.
HTC will never butcher their One series sales just because the Sensation will handle Sense 4.0 just fine. Especially One S, considering its specs are almost identical to Sensation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wazzup guys!?
    Here we discuss & share everything about Sense 4.0 and the coming updates. Pics, vids and thoughts can be found here!

IVE MADE A VIDEO MYSELF

other vids

READ MORE ABOUT THE NEW ONE-LINE PHONES: HERE

a few things have been inproved, such as:
    -Camera
    -Mail
    -Landscape mode
    -Browser
    -etc.

HTC will hold a Pre-event event the 26th of feb, and the actual MWC will be held during 27/2-1/3-2012 where we expect some new HTC products (like HTC Ville, Edge and mid-range Primo) and most likely also Sense 4.0.

You can find a more detailed list of all the new things down at the second post.

Thought we can post new rumors, features, links, pics and other interesting new **** in here.

HTC announcement about android ics upgrade (9 Feb 2012)
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/htc-uk/update-on-android-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrades/362002257162595

NEW PICS: (12/2-2012)

a1.jpga2.pnga3.jpga4.jpga5.jpg
    a6.jpga7.jpga13.jpga14.jpgrn0ic-330x588.jpg
    a12.png

NEW WALLPAPERS:
    abraham_lake_winter_scape.jpgbird_of_a_feather.jpgfracture.jpgpathway_to_the_peaks.jpgscene_wallpaper_htc_default.jpg
    scene_wallpaper_play.jpgscene_wallpaper_social_grid.jpgscene_wallpaper_travel.jpg

There are more wallpapers, but im limited to 20 uploads :(
    but all Wallpapers can be downloaded here:
    View attachment 899452

What do you guys think?
    New things and improvements in Sense 4.0:

- Landscape mode now also in home screen (with optimized buttons etc)

- No on-screen buttons (as on Nexus) but will adopt the 3 buttons (prev. 4)

- 3D Task manager

- Better lockscreen, with better integrated notifications, to-do-lists, notes, contacts etc.

- Updated Email client with threaded messages and improved layout (over all better email)

• Smart Sync technology which syncs your email based on your usage habits

- Better Browser, with Read later and Watch later functions. Introducing a new Reader feature.

• Reader:feature in browser strips away ads and other useless web clutter
    • Read/Watch Later: feature in browser saves content in a widget which can be accessed at a later time (even offline)

- Guest mode, lets your friends only test some basic stuff (no phone, data, and special apps)

- Better Camera - when it detects a face, it takes 5 pics and chooses the best one. (I guess a new version of Amaze cam?)
    • ImageSense: auto focus is 0.2sec, shutter time of 0.7sec
    • Dual Shutter Camera (video record and take photo at the same time!)
    - DropBox integrated (25 GB for 2 years for free!)

- Beats Audio will be universal, meaning allowed in any 3rd part apps (Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, VPlayer, etc.)

- SoundHound seems to be integrated in the music app! (see pic attached in 1st post)

- SkyDrive integration (Microsofts cloud storage 25 GB free)

- Scrollable wallpapers are back. Changing wallpaper.

- Carousel and 3D effects are gone (to speed things up)

- HTC Speak - digital personal assistant. Similar to iPhone´s Siri (roumor)

- New sounds (notifications etc)

Overall, loosing some of the bloated feel, and now being more grown up with improved speed etc.

Video of ville leak

Video of new Ville/ One S leak
    HIT THANKS, cos i only did it for you! - YES YOU!! ;)

Ive made a video myself! check it out!
    works good, looks better then i thought actually!

really like it!

HIT THANKS!!!!
    i hope not youre addressing that to me, cos i havent done nothing. when they told me you had a leak, i went and checked youre twitter cos theats interesting news. but i did not wrote a single word to you.

be more specified to whom youre talking to, or even write him/her an PM or something.

also, what did you expect? when you announce something like that on a public site (like Twitter) and "brag" about having it.. of course many ppl are going to check whats what (and maybe even share it) - is all part of the game. dont play that game if you cant handle it...

Oh dear... He's not referring straight to you. More a case of in general to the person encouraging twitter spam. That's childish, and a sure-fire way to NOT get it.

A pm won't help, because it was referring to anyone participating in twitter nonsense... So posting it here makes sense.

RE twitter it's hardly bragging. He has something, people blew their chance of getting near it through behaving in a silly way. And even then, if there are watermarks on the ROM, or if it's not for distribution, then you'll not get it. Enjoy any pictures, or progress on getting it on the sensation, and stop trying to justify people's jealous behaviour...