ARC/ARC S (ROOT.FTF&.IMG)4.1.B.0.431 ICS 4.0.4+Flashtool+Ringtones+Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ricardofcf

Dec 24, 2011
I'm also looking for a LT18i version of 0.42 Generic Global (or Iberia) so that I can flash, root it and update OTA to .62 after that. Can anyone please upload it? Or is it the same if I use WotanServer to flash .42 instead of Flashtool? (I've a locked bootloader)

jlmcr87

Apr 18, 2011
I'm also looking for a LT18i version of 0.42 Generic Global (or Iberia) so that I can flash, root it and update OTA to .62 after that. Can anyone please upload it? Or is it the same if I use WotanServer to flash .42 instead of Flashtool? (I've a locked bootloader)

I don´t have this rom, you can use wotanclient yes

Booomber

Oct 31, 2010
CAn somebody host the files on another server??
This ut.crap is just unusable..

DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip 1.8 MB

flashtool-0.6.7.0-windows.exe 112.8 MB

Recovery.rar 4.3 MB

SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip 10.1 MB

Pre-rooted_LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.62_Generic Global World.img 226.2 MB

All above uploaded to webdisk with good speed: http://webdisk.tdconline.dk/n/50-2/share/LNK13984f415fdc01801/

:)

Here you go :)

Edit post: Removed the .ftf

Last edited:
Reactions: blackon

A L I™

May 21, 2011
Mashhad
hello :

can any body gives me new link (mediafire or megaupload) for this rom :

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic Global World

because i can't download it.............

cantevencode

Feb 20, 2012
Newcastle
I'm yet another person who's new to this. Will flashing the .ftf make me lose the data currently on the phone? If it does, how can i back it up?

Excelsior82

Oct 26, 2011
Chanteloup-les-vignes
I'm yet another person who's new to this. Will flashing the .ftf make me lose the data currently on the phone? If it does, how can i back it up?
I'm not sure if you'll lose your data (I know flashtool has a "wipe data ?" checkbox).

You can "back up" your ROM using PC Companion (although I still don't know how, but now I don't care) or SEUS (see the tutorials here), which you can download there. Note that the software will download the same ROM you have on your phone over the network, instead of backing it up.

To back up the actual data, you need an application on your phone. I'm sure if you're looking out there, you'll find a good one, free or not (I use myself Titanium Backup pro and I restored everything smoothly).

Reactions: cantevencode

prime.mass

Feb 19, 2012
Alternate Download

hello :

can any body gives me new link (mediafire or megaupload) for this rom :

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic Global World

because i can't download it.............

Megaupload is down for "maintenance" by the FBI and Mediafire has a 200Mb limit on free uploads :(

Last edited:

hesamodin

Jan 24, 2012
how can i roo 62

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

how can i root 62rom

HEZX2012

Feb 28, 2012
Hi everyone. One question: has anyone tried to update from FW .58 to .62 through OTA mantaining root?
Reading the entire post, only people using the .42 FW have been succesful, buy no one has tried from FW .58.
Thanks in advance.

Excelsior82

Oct 26, 2011
Chanteloup-les-vignes
Reading the entire post, only people using the .42 FW have been succesful, buy no one has tried from FW .58.
Thanks in advance.
This is certainly because the .58 hasn't been release in a lot of countries or because the delay between the two updates was very short.

However, there shouldn't be any reason updating OTA from .58 to .62 would remove root access. I think you can go blindfolded, but you may want to keep a .58 FW in hold in case something went wrong.

Reactions: HEZX2012

chan1628

Jun 4, 2007
so I spent some time searching but can't seem to find the obvious answer
I have a Rogers LT15a ... but can I use the LT15i firmwares?

milanpi

Mar 8, 2011
Pirot
niceeee

Guys thank's a lot with flashtool i was back my 0.62 to 0.42....
only now i have sistem mesage that i can change my sisem to 0.62 and it's stay's on status br ..... don't know how to remove this mesage from status bar

Reactions: Excelsior82

Excelsior82

Oct 26, 2011
Chanteloup-les-vignes
I wasn't sure downgrading from .62 to .42 was safe (related to battery gauge firmware), so thanks for the feedback.

You can remove the status message either by freezing/removing "update service" application from your phone, or by upgrading ;)

Reactions: milanpi

milanpi

Mar 8, 2011
Pirot
I wasn't sure downgrading from .62 to .42 was safe (related to battery gauge firmware), so thanks for the feedback.

You can remove the status message either by freezing/removing "update service" application from your phone, or by upgrading ;)

thanks but if you could explain to me about the process moving messages from the status bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK! I´m here again with new links!Check my post for new updates!You can find all you need for your Xperia Arc/Arc S here by jlmcr87

Enjoy and say Thanks please!
    And don´t forget to comment

DONATE
    If you feel that this post has helped you or you think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc.
    My PayPal Donation Link:

This post in spanish: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=285137

Steps:

1.Flash
    2.Root
    3.Tools & Others
    4.Install ringtones & Wallpapers

1.Flash:

All Original from Sony Emma

.FTF LATEST VERSION, ready to flash with flashtools:

If you want to download faster, click on the link you want to download and then push the premium button
    or register in uploaded.to here:

LT15i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic Global World:

LT18i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic Global World:

NEW!ROOT THE NEW 4.1.B.0.431 FIRMWARE (For unlocked bootloaders):

NEW!Xperia S ICS Transformation:
    Instructions inside
    Install via recovery(unlocked bootloaders)
    Preview:

Thanks to:

sohrab1985
    ThilinaC
    mchj
    etc......

NEW!ICS STATUS BAR:
    Thanks to KrAzYtHeBoY
    Install zip via recovery(unlocked bootloaders)
    Preview:

Note: Junk apps in this firmware are in:system/vendor/app

LT15i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic World FR:

LT15i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic Central Europe 1:

LT18i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic World Iberia:

LT18i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic World Greece:

.FTF OLDER VERSION, ready to flash with flashtools:

LT15a 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic USA:

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic Global World:

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic Global World (EASY ROOT WITH FLASHTOOLS):

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic World Iberia (Spain):

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic World Germany:

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic World France:

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic World UK:

LT18i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic World:

LT18i 4.1.A.0.562 NCB Icecream Sandwich Official:
    Thanks to Bin4ry

LT18i 4.1.A.0.562 Generic Global UK Icecream Sandwich Official:

.IMG Prerooted, ready to flash with fastboot (unlocked bootloaders):

Code: fastboot flash system SYSTEMFILE.img
    Where SYSTEMFILE is the name of the file you download.

LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 Generic Global World :
    Thanks to rahul.pillai

2.Root
    Rooting instructions

ROOT ICS 4.0.3:
    Use this script:
    Thanks to Dan Rosenberg & Bin4ry

ROOT Gingerbread: Use Root with recovery tutorial on this post.

3.Tools & Others

NEW!!Flashtools 0.8.5 for Windows download: LINK:
    Thanks to Bin4ry & Androxyde.

Google Apps zip (gapps ICS): LINK:

Android SDK R18 to flash with fastboot:
    LINK:

SuperOneClick v2.3.3 (now with zergRush and su 3.0)
    Download here: LINK:
    Thanks to CLShortFuse

NEW!!Xperia Relock Bootloader: You only need to flash this with flashtools to relock your bootloader
    LINK:

Sony_Ericsson_PC_Companion_2.10.053:
    LINK:

Sony Ericsson Bridge for MAC Users 2.2:
    LINK:

Xperia Arc Sony Service Manuals:
    LINK:

[Tutorial]Root with recoveryLT15i
    THANKS TO Bin4ry for the recovery AND the RootXperia.zip
    FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS:
    All necesary here: LINK:
    Steps:
    1. Flash LT15i firmware .ftf via Flashtool.
    2. Enter recovery by command: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img
    A recovery menu will appear in your phone.
    3. Sets scripts assets: ENABLED
    4. Flash RootXperia.zip via recovery. You have to copy RootXperia.zip to the SD card previously.
    5. Reboot device and it´s done. Now device is rooted.

4.Install ringtones&Wallpapers
    First firmwares came with more ringtones, alarms. Here is a copy. You have to put the three folders (ringtones,alarms,notifications)replacing in system/media with rootexplorer:
    Ringtones Sony
    LINK:

If you want more ringtones, you can add the ones who come with cyanogenMod 7.2. Download here:
    Ringtones CyanogenMod 7.2
    LINK:

NEW: Ringtones CyanogenMod 9:
    LINK:

Wallpapers for Xperia Arc:
    LINK:

Official Xperia S ‘Cosmic Flow’ live wallpaper leaks – works on 2011 Xperia models
    LINK:

NEW!ICS STATUS BAR:
    Thanks to KrAzYtHeBoY
    Install zip via recovery(unlocked bootloaders)
    Preview:

SCREENSHOTS:
    I´m back!!!
    NEW LINKS
    NEW CONTENT UPDATES:
    NEW FIRMWARE 4.0.2.A.0.62 GENERIC GLOBAL WORLD!!

FLASHTOOLS 0.6.7 FOR LINUX AND WINDOWS
    Latest Sony_Ericsson_PC_Companion_2.02.015
    What i did to root successfully

I have free lt15i, no operator carrier, before all this, i've got, GB 62, rooted and unlocked bootloader, and this is what i did to have LT15i 4.1.B.0.431 Generic Global World rooted:

1.- I downloaded from the first post in this tread the global worl tft, thaks to tge uploader paisanooooo!! :)
    2.- Flashed it with Flashtool 0.8.5.0, you know...put the tft on the flashtools firmwares folder, open flashtool, click the ray, select flashmode, and select the tft, i think that you have to uncheck the wipe data checkbox to don loose your datas :eek:
    3.- Flashtools will ask for your cell an explain how to connect it, you know, power off, hold pressing back key connect usb cable, wait to process to end, then unplug usb cable and power on the cell, wait..... wait..... wait.... and you will see your wonderfull arc with ICS 431.

TO ROOT

1.- I downloaded from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680793 the file on the arc line. THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS AND THE UPLOADERS.

2.- Downloaded too from this tread on the first post this:
    NEW!ROOT THE NEW 4.1.B.0.431 FIRMWARE (For unlocked bootloaders): http://www.mediafire.com/?7rao5retiww18x9

Thanks another time, y todas las que hagan falta, for jlmcr87 ;)

Extract the content on the zip file to your pc's hard disk, yo will see a folder that has two folders, you need the content of the "Root for ICS" folder, inside you'll see three files, copy the file named "RootXperia.zip" on your's cell sd card, at root.

3.- I guess that you have FASTBOOT, "NOT bootloader" aplication, if not you have to search beacouse i dont remenber from where i downloaded :eek:
    Here is the link to FASTBOOT, extract the content inside the zip to the root of your cumputers hard disk, this zip has the img file that you have to flash, renamed with a shortly name for easy typing. :p:p:p http://www.mediafire.com/?b903ml8nn8wnao6

4.- Put the file downloaded fron de 2 point on the FASTBOOT "NOT bootloader" folder.

5.- Open cmd window in windows, go to the FASTBOOT folder

6.- Write fastboot flash boot XXXXX.img, where XXXXXis the name of the file you pasted on the 4 point.

7.- You'll see a < waiting for device> message,

8.- Power off the cell, hold pressed menu key, connect usb cable, and wait pressing the menu key untill process finish

9.- Now be careful, power on the cell, and when you see that SONY logo appears, next two seconds you'll see that blue led goes on, is now that you have to press the vulome down key, and waiti for the CWM Recovery menu appears, if you did not have time to press volume down key, don't worry, power off, power on and try again ;)

10.- Volume keys for go up and down in the CWM menu, and the home key to select option from menu.

11.- go to "Install zip from sdcard"

12.- select "choose zip from sdcard"

13.- Search for the file "RootXperia.zip" and select it.

14.- At the warning message............tatachan!!!! at your own risk select it, and wait for the process finish.

15.- Go back on the menus using the back key, and select the " reboot system now" option.

So is how i rooted mi Lt15i on ICS 431, successfully:D:D:D

Good Luck.
    Our material is legal but i´m not going to upload again to see my files erased in a few time.thanks EEUU for that:mad:
    Thanks for all, specially for that users who have pushed the thanks button.Bye
    FOR ARC & ARC S WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY !

Works with all firmware, I assume your are familiar with command prompt and adb
    (If you are on stock 4.0.4 like me for this tutorial you don't need to flash the 4.0.3 kernel like the others method)

Download this package
    Copy RootXperia.zip on your sdcard
    Turn off Your phone
    Unplug your usb cable
    Put your phone in recovery mode (black screen with blue led)
    Open a command prompt
    Enter recovery by command: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img
    Wait sec the phone enter in the CWM recovery
    Select install zip from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard
    Select RootXperia.zip
    Reboot via CWM recovery or by command: fastboot reboot
    that's it !
    Don't forget to thanks Bin4ry for the recovery & the RootXperia.zip​