Question about battery calibration

Search This thread

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012
So how do batteries get "out of calibration" (if they do)? It would seem to be an issue of the phone not recognizing when a battery is fully charged, so it would not charge completely when...well...charging... Would using the ever-popular "reboot" feature lead to that?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
So how do batteries get "out of calibration" (if they do)? It would seem to be an issue of the phone not recognizing when a battery is fully charged, so it would not charge completely when...well...charging... Would using the ever-popular "reboot" feature lead to that?

Lithium Ion batteries need no calibration. That was a big thing when Nickel Batteries were being used.

Some people sware by it and say it works. But I believe its a placebo effect. If your having battery issues its probably just a bad battery, that tends to happen from time to time.

Sent from my Epic Ice Cream Sandwhich

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012
Lithium Ion batteries need no calibration. That was a big thing when Nickel Batteries were being used.

Some people sware by it and say it works. But I believe its a placebo effect. If your having battery issues its probably just a bad battery, that tends to happen from time to time.

Sent from my Epic Ice Cream Sandwhich

I fully appreciate that battery calibration wouldn't be affecting the batteries per se...was wondering if it was really more of calibrating how the phone itself measures or tracks the charge state. I certainly appreciate your position though..since I've often thought that too. In the end....I really don't know.:rolleyes:

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
I wish I could find a link to the article I read, but Lion batteries have circuitry in them that prevents them from over charging, the battery reports what it has.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012
It seems like there are a lot of smart people with opinions on this...:)
May be time for me to just buy a new battery...they don't look too expensive online...

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
It seems like there are a lot of smart people with opinions on this...:)
May be time for me to just buy a new battery...they don't look too expensive online...

Get the gs2 1850 mah batteries they fit right in stock cover and charge normally as well. I've had this phone since first release and let me tell you I have 2 batteries since release and 2 newer ones and I get way shorter life on the older batteries.

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012

So I have never cleared my battery stats as they were talking about in that article (and the million comments with it)... I have done the fully charge and then discharge cycles....which I always had thought was a waste of time with lithium ion batteries... There was a lot of...interesting dissenting comments in that article...:)

Top Liked Posts