[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread

boohoo007

Oct 8, 2012
Back to the start

Just got the S3 from C Spire this weekend and seems much faster than the S1 but want to root with stock rom (same as I had on S1). My issue is the phone and drivers!!!!! I can get it to set up to explore the phone and Sd card but Odin will not connect. Any input on how you got to the step of installing CWM?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Just got the S3 from C Spire this weekend and seems much faster than the S1 but want to root with stock rom (same as I had on S1). My issue is the phone and drivers!!!!! I can get it to set up to explore the phone and Sd card but Odin will not connect. Any input on how you got to the step of installing CWM?

In short, how do you get the Samsung drivers? I pulled them from Samsung but these keep the phone trying to "connect" and eventually I get a message on the phone screen that the PC does not recognize the phone. Tried Samsung Kies and same result. The only way i can get the phone to connect is take off all other drivers from PC and allow phone to connect as Samsung SCH L710 MTP BUT the driver is not recognized when I plug it up in download mode.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

In short, how do you get the Samsung drivers? I pulled them from Samsung but these keep the phone trying to "connect" and eventually I get a message on the phone screen that the PC does not recognize the phone. Tried Samsung Kies and same result. The only way i can get the phone to connect is take off all other drivers from PC and allow phone to connect as Samsung SCH L710 MTP BUT the driver is not recognized when I plug it up in download mode.

What I did is uninstall samsung kies and any previous samsung drivers I had installed. I had used the sprint driver for the gs3 cause when I first got mines, samsung's website didn't have a cspire usb driver(they do now however). Maybe your samsung kies and the driver installed with it is interfering with odin?

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com

completely uninstall kies.
use the drivers here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...TT_I747_GSIII_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0.exe i would disconnect from the internet while installng. Once finished, stay disconnected and plug phone in. Let windows do its thing. Should be good after that.

boohoo007

Oct 8, 2012
What I did is uninstall samsung kies and any previous samsung drivers I had installed. I had used the sprint driver for the gs3 cause when I first got mines, samsung's website didn't have a cspire usb driver(they do now however). Maybe your samsung kies and the driver installed with it is interfering with odin?

Thanks...got the phone recognized and everything is as it should be EXCEPT Odin states it cannor open port (COM) and every attempt times out (FAIL!). I have taken out all ports from device manager and let the pc reboot bringing up only what is needed. changed cords and USB outlets and still same thing. Could it be Odin (using Odin 3 v3.04). I even went into MSCONFIG and dropped the Kies reference there to be sure there was no interfence.

I'm stumpted.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Thanks...got the phone recognized and everything is as it should be EXCEPT Odin states it cannor open port (COM) and every attempt times out (FAIL!). I have taken out all ports from device manager and let the pc reboot bringing up only what is needed. changed cords and USB outlets and still same thing. Could it be Odin (using Odin 3 v3.04). I even went into MSCONFIG and dropped the Kies reference there to be sure there was no interfence.

I'm stumpted.
Do you get an error message on the phone as well? Could be a bad tar file. See if there is an error on the phone. Let me no Cuz I'll pull the Odin tar if its no good

boohoo007

Oct 8, 2012
Do you get an error message on the phone as well? Could be a bad tar file. See if there is an error on the phone. Let me no Cuz I'll pull the Odin tar if its no good

Phone does not show any issues, stays in download until I pull battery and reboot. Odin starts like it should but gets to connecting with device and stalls until Odin times out. It never gets to the tar file.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3

Last edited:

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Spent an hour or two running through this tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Wanted to try something TW based so here is MIJJz_Goodnes_SG3 rom. Someone on Cspire want to give it a go?

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3

Just installed and will report back once I give it some good testing and get a break from work. I will say that my data is working right off the bat. Loving the look so far.

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Okay after having it for a few hours I've had multiple reboots. They seem random so I honestly can't pinpoint if it's an app I have installed or not. That's the only issued that I can actually check so far(still at work).

UPDATE: Okay so it's pretty much rebooting constantly at random times. I am hoping catlog will catch the error although I'm not that experienced with this. Other than that, network has been great and even with all the screentime on I still managed to get some good battery life. I will say however, is that my phone has been in power saver mode all day(wonder if that's part of the problem?).

Last edited:

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Okay after having it for a few hours I've had multiple reboots. They seem random so I honestly can't pinpoint if it's an app I have installed or not. That's the only issued that I can actually check so far(still at work).

UPDATE: Okay so it's pretty much rebooting constantly at random times. I am hoping catlog will catch the error although I'm not that experienced with this. Other than that, network has been great and even with all the screentime on I still managed to get some good battery life. I will say however, is that my phone has been in power saver mode all day(wonder if that's part of the problem?).
Weird. guess my update notification killer worked tho? N call it a shot in the dark but maybe its the kernel. If you have a nandroid you could try restoring just your stock boot from it. if u Could you upload your logcat. i can look over it

Anybody try the other ones posted? thoughts?

Last edited:

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Weird. guess my update notification killer worked tho? N call it a shot in the dark but maybe its the kernel. If you have a nandroid you could try restoring just your stock boot from it. if u Could you upload your logcat. i can look over it

Anybody try the other ones posted? thoughts?

Yep the update killer worked but the reboots were getting annoying lol. I restored my backup to rooted stock and back to the normal for now. Haven't tried the other two yet...

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip