regarding flashable "custom ROMs"...

Search This thread

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
So I found online a flashable .zip file of 4.4 KitKat, listed as made by Dhacker (along with the accompanying Gapps.zip file). I flashed the files and everything seemed to work fine, but I wasn't able to restore all my apps with Titanium Backup because the phone was no longer rooted. I don't have much experience flashing ROMs, is this a common occurrance? Is there a way to root the phone post-custom ROM install? I'm sure there is, my question is more of "how do I root after flashing a custom ROM"... Do I just need to flash a .zip file of SuperSU or something? If so, does someone have a link to the SuperSU.zip file I can download? Or do i just go to the Play Store (or use Gapps) to get SuperSU?

Thanks to all the continuous help out there!

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
So I found online a flashable .zip file of 4.4 KitKat, listed as made by Dhacker (along with the accompanying Gapps.zip file). I flashed the files and everything seemed to work fine, but I wasn't able to restore all my apps with Titanium Backup because the phone was no longer rooted. I don't have much experience flashing ROMs, is this a common occurrance? Is there a way to root the phone post-custom ROM install? I'm sure there is, my question is more of "how do I root after flashing a custom ROM"... Do I just need to flash a .zip file of SuperSU or something? If so, does someone have a link to the SuperSU.zip file I can download? Or do i just go to the Play Store (or use Gapps) to get SuperSU?

Thanks to all the continuous help out there!

You might try google more. Your answers are in the dev section threads. Cm11 comes with a noob- no root access.
Press repeatedly on the build # , in about phone, to enable dev options
It may have changed.
I stay away from 4.4's but http://true-android.blogspot.com/2013/12/update-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926-to_16.html